Abbott has long been in the business of life. Creating more possibilities for more people through the power of health. But this business isn’t about reflecting on past achievements. It’s about relentlessly pursuing new ones. At our healthiest, we can unlock all that life has to offer.
Visit www.lifetothefullest.abbott to learn more.
How to have a conversation with a recruiter when you’re happy with your current role and company? Our recruiters explain that you’re the one in control.
Workplace recognitions are a testament to the collective enthusiasm, energy and commitment our employees possess, making Abbott a great place to work:
- Working Mother: Top 10 Company (2013-2015)
- Working Mother Hall of Fame: Top 100 company for 15 consecutive years
- DiversityInc Magazine: Top 50 Companies for Diversity (2004-2015)
- NAFE: Top Companies for Executive Women (2010-2015)
- Science Magazine: Top 20 Employers (2015)
- LinkedIn: Top 100 InDemand Employers in North America (2015)
- Honored for workplace leadership in more than 25 countries
Founded by Chicago physician Dr. Wallace Calvin Abbott in 1888, Abbott Laboratories is a global pharmaceuticals and health care products company with 90,000 employees operating in over 130 countries. The company's drug portfolio includes HUMIRA, a drug for rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, Crohn's disease, moderate to severe chronic psoriasis and juvenile idiopathic arthritis; Norvir, a treatment for HIV; Depakote, an anticonvulsant drug; and Synthroid, a synthetic thyroid hormone. Abbott has been operating in the UK for more than 70 years, employing around 2,000 people. The company currently has operations in Maidenhead, Berkshire (its headquarters), Kent, Lancashire, the Midlands, Southampton, and Oxfordshire. – less