Alcon Labs Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Worst place i ever worked
Product support (Former Employee) –  Cork18 August 2016
Worked there for a number of years . Was ok at first but quickly went down hill. As part of the engineering team (ha team) i was left with no support and told then that i missed start up dates . Management kept looking for unrealistic deadlines and when not meet it affected wages and bonuses. Left after a few years vowed never to return.
Pros
Cons
Long hrs. Expected overtime . No support
product builder agency worker
Product Builder (Former Employee) –  Model Farm Road Bishopstown Cork2 June 2016
THE WORST places I have ever worked!! I had the misfortune of working in Alcon through an agency as a product builder for a few months. We were always pushed harder than the full time employees. We were expected,not asked, to do overtime. From the moment you got in they were on your back about your speed and targets, they would work you to the bone, and even then they still weren't happy! The daily and hourly targets were ridiculously high, and the work environment was horrible. The work was incredibly monotonous, but worst of all was the one senior staff member. We weren't allowed talk to each other even as we worked. I remember thinking, I would have had a better life with my ex.

An incident at Christmas summed Alcon up for me. It was the final straw. I booked and took Christmas holidays a day and a half later on a Sunday afternoon I was phoned and told I was let go so I asked why and was told they didn't have to give me and explanation I was always in to work in plenty of time and worked hard to make targets. I was treated shoddily This company are taking total advantage of peoples desperation for employment, and therefore think they can treat people whatever way they deem fit. I like to believe that we live in an Ireland where everyone is treated equally, where all citizens have rights. After my time in Alcon, I'm not so sure.... AVOID!!
A variety of tasks
Quality Assurance Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  cork1 June 2015
I had a number of daily tasks throughout my day at work. These included bacterioanalysis and chemical analysis of water, depyrogenation, work shadowing, hard goods, documentation and bottle prep.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
7am start
do not work there
produstion (Former Employee) –  eca28 May 2015
Do not work there I did for 11 months best think is I'm not working there no more 80% of the full timers are so nasty to contractors and your are 3rd class to them
Pros
I'm not there
Cons
I was there
Agency Production Operative
Production associate (Former Employee) –  cork10 April 2015
One of THE WORST places I have ever worked!! I had the misfortune of working in Alcon through an agency as a product builder for a few months. From the moment we started we were treated like second class citizens because we were agency workers!! We were always pushed harder than the full time emplOyees. We were expected,not asked, to do overtime. From the moment you got in, they would work you to the bone, and even then they still weren't happy! The daily and hourly targets were ridiculously high, and the work environment was horrible. Small,claustrophobic clean rooms. The work was incredibly monotonous, but worst of all were the senior staff. I was given out to by a supervisor for being at the clocking in machine 3 minutes before time. We weren't allowed talk to each other even as we worked. I remember thinking, I would have had a better life in prison.

An incident at Christmas summed Alcon up for me. It was the final straw. All employees were invited to a posh hotel for a really nice Christmas dinner, except for agency emplyees. We were told to take a days holidays at our own expense. Even though we were in there, doing the same work as the other,following the same rules as procedures. Not very fair. I have seen how they treat their full time employees and I was foolish to think they would treat agency employees better! This company are taking total advantage of peoples desperation for employment, and therefore think they can treat people whatever way they deem fit. I like to believe that we live in an Ireland where everyone is treated equally, where all citizens have rights.
  more... After my time in Alcon, I'm not so sure.... AVOID!!  less
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
see alcon review
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Cork,10 February 2014
A typical day at work as a Production Operator was performing checks on finished product (IOL) and packaging of the product.
I learned a lot about GMP and SOP compliance.
I used to work in a friendly and helpful team.
The hardest part of the job was that work at some work stations was too repetitive.
We were allowed to listen to the music when working, which made the day go faster.

Want to know more about Alcon Labs?

Ask a question