Applegreen Employee Reviews

Absolutely dreadful place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Limerick16 February 2018
I worked in apple green for only 6 months before being fired for refusing to clean up after the assistant manager after she used the toilet.. management absolutely the worst, long hours unpaid breaks and just a complete disaster of a company.. wouldn’t recommend working for them
Pros
The staff are the nicest people
Cons
Job for young people, low pay & long hours
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Wicklow30 January 2018
I worked for applegreen for 2 years, the hours are long and unsociable. The pay is atrocious even at management level! I progressed from supervisor to manager within a few months which is good but once you spend the time & put in the effort of becoming management they want to ship you off across the country so not suitable for people with family’s. Very high turnover of staff throughout the company which speaks for itself. No incentive to move up the management ladder when you know you won’t get the pay you deserve and you’ll be expected to uproot your entire life and move site only to be moved again in a year or two! No respect for staff, your only a number with applegreen!
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Low pay, unrealistic sales targets
Not a great place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Connacht31 December 2017
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for this company, management is very poor, there is no care for staff even though they do alot whilst only on minimum wage.
Pros
Staff
Applegreen
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Leinster3 December 2017
Great company to work for, learnt alot and progressed well here. Friendly staff and management and head office very easy to approach. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to apply with them.
Pros
Chance to work up the ladder.
Cons
Wages can be low.
not a nice place to work at all
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Munster6 October 2017
terrible place to work, no management or very rude management. No perks not even a coffee. Don't work there if you can at all.
You could work your fingers to the bone and they would not see it.
Pros
no tea/coffee/water, Cameras everywhere.
Cons
long hours, basic pay, no breaks.

Comment – 7 October 2017

Just something to note, no Irish stay there as they are not really wanted if you can read body language. Non Nationals only stay until they get another job. Staff turnover almost weekly basis.

Excellent Employers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin3 October 2017
In the 5 years I have worked in Applegreen not one day has been the same, everyday has different challenges that must be over come so that we continue to be one of the best forecourt retailers in the country. I have gone from part time weekend work to now assistant manager of the site. With rapid expansion It will only be a matter of time before I put myself forward for my own site, Working with a number managers over the last number of years i have gained skills and experiences that are invaluable to me and will help me progress my careers further.
Pros
Relaxed environment, good working hours
Cons
Communication with Head Office
Atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ballinteer, County Dublin11 September 2017
There is a good atmosphere within the store and I enjoy working with the other staff.
The shop is a nice size and an excellent location, just short distance from the M50 exit.
Pros
convenient for traveling for me personally
Cons
occasionally there are short shift gives ex. 4 hours
average place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kinsealy, County Dublin19 August 2017
This Job should only be used as a stepping stone as it is low pay and unsociable hours and should only be permanent for someone with no ambition. No increase in wage or a way to progress up through the company.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
No Management sturcture
Productive fun workplace
Delicatessen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Julianstown, County Meath14 August 2017
I enjoyed working as I learned sales and till work and gained experience working in a busy shop environment , I had nice co-workers also it was great to deal with the general public and improve my professionalism towards the overall workforce
applegreen
Deli Assistant, till operator (Current Employee) –  Tallaght, County Dublin29 June 2017
Good place to work and majority of the staff are friendly and helpful, very busy place to work for, i learned to work the tills and stock shelfs and present them properly and i also worked in the deli, making breakfast rolls, applegreen is a very popular place where loads of people go.
Pros
made friends
Cons
long and too short hours
Worst management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glanmire, County Cork29 June 2017
Worst company to work, dont get even drinking water on site.. You have to buy drinking water from the shop u work if you are not carrying it, so forget about the coffee or free lunch things..
Pros
meeting people
Cons
poor wages, poor management
Great Atmosphere
Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Limerick1 June 2017
Great place to work and majority of the staff are friendly and helpful. Management were always there to turn to and help. Majority of the time it was a pleasure to work here.
Terrible company
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Wexford Town, County Wexford30 April 2017
Best to avoid this dreadful company. Huge staff turnover speaks for itself. Sales staff must pay for drive offs out of their wages. Management degrade you in front of customer's. Lots of silly rules and regulations. Zero job satisfaction and poor wages for heavy workload. There is nothing green about applegreen.
Pros
Awful
Cons
Poor wages no job satisfaction
friendly stuff
poor management
all time under pressure
need pay for drive offs
.......................
Cons
no breaks
Terrible place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Julians14 December 2016
Horrible place no training pay stays the same regardless or unless top manager then when you get to manager they move you all over the place avoid avoid avoid avoid
Pros
Cons
No future/ summer job
Great work place and amazing staff.
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary3 October 2016
I only worked in the Apple Green Garage for 2 weeks as part of work experience in Leaving Certificate Applied. It was a great experience I really enjoyed working there I got a mixture of everything such as stocking shelves, working on the till, sorting out deliveries, doing stock take and cleaning. I am so grateful that I have these skills for future jobs. Would go back any day and think it was a really good experience.
Pros
Learned lots of different life skills.
Cons
None.
Only for the very young
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lusk, County Dublin1 August 2016
There's a lot of silly rules and long shifts.
I once did a 12 hr shift and finished at 11pm only to start another shift at 7am. Found out via a friend this is illegal. Not allowed leave the station for lunch even though this is an unpaid break with no lunch provided. It really is a job for the young and I'm sorry to say naive as management don't like been questioned. Minimum wage, maximum hours.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Very low pay, poor condtions, long hours
applegreen
cashier (Former Employee) –  Tulsk, County Roscommon26 April 2016
My work load during a typical day is hectic, busy and fun. From the constant on-the-go movement to serving customer making sure they are happy and helping them as much as I can, My co-workers and I get on amazing and I love working with them a good work life with people you get on with makes the day go easier and faster. The most enjoyable part of my day is serving customers, as I am a people person customer service has always appealed to me.
Cons
salary
sales assistant
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry5 April 2016
It is shift work.I enjoyed dealing with the customers and meeting people.The job is not difffcult.The most enjoyable part is meeting people
Pros
meeting people
Cons
salary
Busy and fun.
Shop assistant (Current Employee) –  Galway City, County Galway11 January 2016
My work load during a typical day is hectic, busy and fun. From the constant on-the-go movement to serving customers,making sure they are happy and helping them as much as I can, I am kept very busy. My co-workers and I get on amazing and I love working with them,a good work life with people you get on with makes the day go easier and faster. The most enjoyable part of my day is serving customers, as I am a people person customer service has always appealed to me.