Arnotts Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
High staff turnover
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 November 2016
Very high staff turnover in the Arnotts marketing department made working there very difficult.No continuity so any planning was difficult.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Long hours, events
Not a good work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin20 May 2016
I have worked for a concession in arnotts for a year now, and in the beginning I loved the work but since the change of ownership it has become a negative place to work. There are constant floor walks from store managers and they nit pit about everything. If figures are down and we are not on target we get given out to however if we are over target and having a great day nothing is said to us. They also have very strict rules on what you can wear and to look presentable; girls have to wear makeup ect.. Work conditions are horrible, we used to have fans by our till because there was no internal ac working in my section however the CEO did not like this look and took them away. This resulted in a lot of us staff being very unhappy because it was far too warm and we had to keep running up and down stairs to go to the stockroom. In our stock room there was also pipes that ran through that sometimes leaked a horrible smell but nothing has ever been done about it. I loved all the staff I worked with and in that sense it was a great work environment. My favourite part of the day was when management left and we had a hour or so left in the store before the shop closed and there was a more relaxed atmosphere.The work itself was tiresome and the pay wasn't great but that's retail!
Pros
The Staff Discount
Cons
Horrible store managers, intimidating work environment
Great Workplace
General Operative (Current Employee) –  Dublin, Dublin 2411 November 2015
Workplace very nice , very competent and fair boss. in general it is a great place to work.
Good working conditions and reasonable wages.
Fast paced work, busy days, demanding work.
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin24 July 2014
Opening and closing tills, handling cash on a daily basis, how to deal with customers in a professional manner, demanding work at times, undertaking tasks not in job description but completing with ease. Fantastic group of people to work with, considered as a family working together for so many years.
Pros
Good team to work with, strong work ethic.
Cons
Limiting work hours due to company decisions.
good
sales in ladies fashion . (Former Employee) –  dublin24 February 2014
customer care very important .i enjoyed the atmosphere working in arnotts.learned how to deal with co workers and management in a polite way .hardest part off job was trying to get targets during quiet periods. love ladies fashion so found job very enjoyable.
Pros
staff canteen
Core retailing in a contemporary environment
Marketing, Shop Ops, Finance Projects (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 November 2013
A great place to work where old fashion values such as quality and value together with superior customer service were nurtured throughout the organisation.
My colleagues were committed and dedicated leading to a productive but enjoyable work place environment.
doing what you love every day
production manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D11 October 2013
getting fitters rotas
contacting customers re. times and dates.
break and lunch times
quality control
advice to sales staff
dealing with complaints
Pros
great job satisfaction
Cons
empresa que ouve o funcionário
Coordenador Administrativo (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D9 July 2013
empresa pratica brainstorm de uma forma bem pratica , com resultados.
Pros
encarreiramento, flexibilidade de horário
Cons
nao fornece vale tranporte