Aviva Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Workplace
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 August 2017
Great place to work and fun environment. People were friendly we worked in teams. I learned about software testing techniques and also management were approachable. I loved the company and also the staff members at the workplace.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Fun Workplace
Cashier/Pourer (Current Employee) –  Dublin5 February 2017
The hardest part of the job would probably be when half time kicks in as there is a rush of people wanting to get food, so everything has to be done quick and efficiently so the queue can flow.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin City Centre24 September 2016
Enjoyed many great years working in Aviva doing various roles, as business development manager I worked on the bancassurance side of the business working with the financial planning managers in AIB. The distribution and sales manager was a great mentor.
Pros
Flexibility
No Comment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 May 2016
No comment. I don't think it is proper to comment about a company once you have left their employment but I enjoyed most of my time working for Aviva/Hibernian
Pros
Insurance costs
Cons
No comment
Productive fun working place.
Customer Services and Sales Advisor. (Current Employee) –  Galway14 April 2016
A typical day in Aviva for me consists of providing excellent customer service by understanding the mindset of the customer, being patient with demanding customers and remaining calm, courteous and respectful at all times and making a customers experience as enjoyable as possible.
Pros
Huge number of opportunities.
Great opportunity, great people
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 April 2016
A typical day in work... there was no such thing. Every day was different. You met clients, you were part of management reviews. Work closely with your team. The opportunities were endless. Projects, travel for work.

Staff were friendly, hard working people.

Hardest part was the variety of work you were involved in.

Most enjoyable = all the opportunities afforded to you. You got what you put into this job.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Commuting
Contract
Commercial Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Cork City, County Cork26 March 2016
Great place to work but currently not offering full time contracts.
The flexi time is very handy for days off.
Benefits are okay but unless you have a longer contract you won't be able to avail of them.
Pros
Flexi Time
Cons
Contract basis
Great work life balance
Program PMO (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland8 November 2015
Great company to work for. On the whole the management team are effective and driven. If you work hard you can create a great career.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Not that social, people just get on with the work
Very enjoyable
Imagery team member (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D8 September 2015
I really enjoyed working for Aviva. They provided me with a great experience and it was a lot of fun.The offices are also really nice to be in and the people were very friendly. I would easily work here again.
Loved it!
Actuarial Planner and Financial Reporter (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 August 2015
Had the greatest time working for Aviva. The people there are great, very friendly, very helpful. Great team-building environment. Lots of opportunities and benefits.
Great work place.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dublin10 August 2015
The best part of the job is knowing your making some one that little bit happier. Hard work pays off as you can be promoted if you are noticed in your work placement.
Pros
You can have a laugh
Cons
On your feet all day
Productive, fast paced working environment
Team Lead/ Senior Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland22 June 2015
Very team orientated and each sub team was dependent and relying on each other.
Excellent management, great sense of comradery in the office.
Pros
Flexitime and very generous annual leave
Cons
No project manager for 2 months
Insurance and Customer Advisor
Senior Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 February 2014
Sales advisor for Insurance Products. Team Leader for HIbernian Financial Services - Getting appointments for the Financial Advisors exploring different ideas in getting customers to take out business with Hibernian.
Fun workplace however not enough oppurtunity
Claims Advisor Aviva (Current Employee) –  Galway27 January 2014
I enjoy working in Aviva however I feel there is not enough oppurtunity to further & develop my career. I am a claims handler which entails a host of different jobs from examples would include investigating liability, communicating with our customers, negotiating with third party representatives etc. I have learned alot from my job file management, priortising work, communicating better etc. build up a very good relationship with my colleagues even out of hours. Hardest part of job is realising that there is not a great deal of potential to develop my career. I enjoy the 9-5 monday-friday aspect & must say have a very good relationship with my colleagues.
Pros
9-5 Mon -Fri fixed hours
Cons
Not enough oppurtunities
Aviva was an excellent company to work for.
Receptionist/Telephonist/ Facilities CoOrdinator (Former Employee) –  Cork10 October 2012
I managed a very busy Switch board, Covered reception, I was acting team leader in my dept. I provided cover for the post desk.
Interviewed applicants for my dept. Worked with other departments.
The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the public. There were no hard parts, I enjoyed all aspects. Local Management were excellent.
Pros
pension, staff reductions on insurance, bonus, canteen.
Aviva Ireland treated you as family, loved working there.
Sale & Customer Service and claims (Former Employee) –  Galway, Ireland4 October 2012
> an average of 80 calls a day. We deal with new customers, existing clients. All our customers are valued and we greeted them all with a smile in our voice. I consistently looked for better solutions, cover and products for our customers. Our products are very varied so it's great that I'm good at product detail retention.
>Computer skills, sales skills, how to meet the customers expectations every time. To enjoy being part of a team and getting extraordinary results together. Resolving complaints. Training new recruits. Monitoring calls for Quality&Compliance to preserve the companys reputation.
> Excellent leadership from management. Very approachable with concerns or good ideas ideas.
>A atmosphere of co-operation and team spirit was encouraged. My co-workers I would consider family.
>Due to product restrictions or terms&conditions being unable to meet the customers expectations. Having to say no or it's not possible unfortunately to a client.
>Being able to get the best solutions and value for money for the customer. Knowing that I need a good days work and that the customer realised how valued they where to our company.
Pros
free parking, lovely offices, good wages& terms and conditions, good internal training.
Cons
can't think of any