Barnardo's Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
busy charity shop
volunteer shop staff (Former Employee) –  dubin16 September 2016
The shop was a very busy charity shop with such a great bunch of co- workers , always so kind and helpful. It was layed out very well and kept tidy all of the time. The things i would normally get up to would be tagging and pricing items of clothing, children's toys, books, cd's and other bits and bobs.Cleaning the area so to make it appealing to customers, and use of the cashier till and helping customers with any queries.
Pros
retail experience, serving customers
Cons
some customers were rude, short lunch break
fun and enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin North, County Dublin1 March 2016
A typical day working in Barnardos required stock control display of store and display of store window. The shop was continuously changed around shelves being moved sections of clothing changed to different areas etc. so it required a lot of organising. co- workers were funny and kind as i was only 15 at the time it was my transition year work experience/commuinity action and they made me feel really welcome. i learnt a lot in barnardos something new everyday my co workers often said i am very mature and efficient and catch onto things quite quickly. there wasnt anything extremely difficult about the job and everything about it was enjoyable even when up to the ceiling with new stock arriving and having to go through every single item it was still an enjoyable enviornment to be in.
Enjoy the company of my co-workers
Housekeeping assistant (Current Employee) –  Limerick29 July 2015
It is well balanced we all work well together. If one finds themselves under pressure we can rely on each other. The atmosphere is great
and we all communicate well with each other.
Pros
Nice working environment
qbout my job
Sales Assintant, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rathmines, D24 February 2015
it was a great experaince i worked with very kind and out going people i loved my job there but due to becoming pregant and my contract was up that was it . but i learned alot about costomer service and interacting with people also i opened and closed the shop i also did banking for the company the people were 100 persent in learning all the staff new things ...
Cons
10 am to 6/7 someti, es aldepended on the days
Support Service
Child Care & Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Offaly15 August 2014
Barnardos offers support to families who are disadvantaged and supports them in reassesing their life and making changes which best support their families.