Blue Nile

Blue Nile Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
TEMP Positions, rarely hire permanent, low pay!!!
Diamond and Jewelry consultant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 25, 2014
Pros: nice people, customers great
Cons: no benefits, no job security, won't hire temps
Great training, they hire all temps, cut hours, not full time at all, no benefits, no feedback, chances of getting hired are slim. Its how they keep costs down.
Extremely low pay for all the sales, no commision is good if they paid an appropriate salary
productive and fun working place
self employeed (Former Employee), middle eastMay 25, 2013
Pros: free lunches, have time on a lunch hour break, free unlimited calls
Cons: long hours
As for the years i spent working for Blue Nile it was a time experience job to get to know and learn how diamonds and gemstones play a big role on a beauty time of piece work and then had to be sold more than any one would think .It would be so busy in the company that you dont have time to even have a lunch break and if it was a normal lunch break – more... it would be half an hour for lunch to be done and over with with all the companies i worked for , some companies like Al Asmar Exh we had what we call our sieasta time 4 hours that included lunch and a nap maybe then back to work at 5 until 9 , but for the nile company it was from 9-5 for my part of self employeed .i had so much co works around me but it was fun because we do try to do it fun and healthy for us to enjoy our time at work while we are working. The hardest part of job was getting a shipment in and doing its papers to leave the port then the merchandise goes to the ware house and been put in order for the next stock comes in . The most enjoyable of the part of 1 job when i was 1 partner out of 3 when we saw business is doing good we didnt have time to scratch our heads serving the customers food and beverages thats was the most fun part of it we were always on the go. – less
Lack of Cultural Diversity
Diamond and Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 25, 2013
Pros: beer fridays, casual environment, no micro-management
Cons: inflexibility on scheduling, no way to appeal customer complaints about the service you provided.
Typical work day was to clock in, log into systems needed to answer calls, check your emails, open orders and information requests sent to/from you. Then you answer calls and emails that were sent to the company's email boxes. What I truly enjoyed were my colleagues. Management demonstrates favoritism based on criteria which is best left unsaid. The – more... hardest part of the job is telling customers "No." while hoping they do not escalate the call. This is a LEAN company and so if you are in it for the money, you should look elsewhere. – less
A small family company going incredibly well
production assistant (Current Employee), londonOctober 15, 2012
Pros: friendly work collegues
Cons: every friday i was working minimum 18 hours, no chances for individual development
My work amount was incredible,I was often doing 15 to 18 hours. The business was a women clothing company. We were having as customers big companies as Asos, Topshop, River Island, Debenhams, Next, Lipsy, Miso. All the dresses were being produced in Eastern Europe (Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey) and my job was to make sure everything goes smooth. The management – more... style was something like: do as you want, keep the costs low and make sure you don't make any mistakes. The co-workers were from all over the world: South Africa, Japan, Romania, Pakistan, Ghana, Jamaica, Cyprus, Turkey and of course Britain.
The hardest part of the job is the hours I do minimum 250 hours a month and, being a family business where all the key position are held by the owners relatives there were no chances for progress, profesionally .
The most enjoyable part was the fact that I was allowed to set the targets for myself, to choose my own solutions and to learn a lot. – less
Preparing individuals and small companies tax returns.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: auctionly the company provide free lunch. and at the holly days.
The fifteen minutes work out at the beginning of the shift and the sound of the music, then the competition among the team to see who work faster.