Blue Nile

Blue Nile Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lack of Cultural Diversity
Diamond and Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 25, 2013
Pros: beer fridays, casual environment, no micro-management
Cons: inflexibility on scheduling, no way to appeal customer complaints about the service you provided.
Typical work day was to clock in, log into systems needed to answer calls, check your emails, open orders and information requests sent to/from you. Then you answer calls and emails that were sent to the company's email boxes. What I truly enjoyed were my colleagues. Management demonstrates favoritism based on criteria which is best left unsaid. The – more... hardest part of the job is telling customers "No." while hoping they do not escalate the call. This is a LEAN company and so if you are in it for the money, you should look elsewhere. – less
A small family company going incredibly well
production assistant (Current Employee), londonOctober 15, 2012
Pros: friendly work collegues
Cons: every friday i was working minimum 18 hours, no chances for individual development
My work amount was incredible,I was often doing 15 to 18 hours. The business was a women clothing company. We were having as customers big companies as Asos, Topshop, River Island, Debenhams, Next, Lipsy, Miso. All the dresses were being produced in Eastern Europe (Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey) and my job was to make sure everything goes smooth. The management – more... style was something like: do as you want, keep the costs low and make sure you don't make any mistakes. The co-workers were from all over the world: South Africa, Japan, Romania, Pakistan, Ghana, Jamaica, Cyprus, Turkey and of course Britain.
The hardest part of the job is the hours I do minimum 250 hours a month and, being a family business where all the key position are held by the owners relatives there were no chances for progress, profesionally .
The most enjoyable part was the fact that I was allowed to set the targets for myself, to choose my own solutions and to learn a lot. – less
Preparing individuals and small companies tax returns.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: auctionly the company provide free lunch. and at the holly days.
The fifteen minutes work out at the beginning of the shift and the sound of the music, then the competition among the team to see who work faster.