BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Great Worklife balance
Corporate Actions Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dublin11 July 2017
Company offers a great work life balance
they are paying below market average wages
Alot of pressure to excel with no reward
Training is extremely poor
Pros
25 days annual leave
Cons
High Job stress
UDT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 May 2017
I found BNY Mellon a great place to work. The culture was conducive to a great work life balance while still ensuring that the job was done in a timely manner. Management were proactive in ensuring that employees could explore all avenues in terms of career advancement.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Commute.
Inclusive company
Funds payment supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin17 February 2017
Work load is manageable, working hours are good. A lot of events aimed at staff motivation and inclusion which is nice. However I feel senior management only view staff as numbers and not people and decisions are made that affect us with no prior discussion.
very badly managed at micro level
Senior transfer agent (Former Employee) –  Wexford25 January 2017
not recommended for good pay, staff are nice but management are clueless , in my team were 4 managers, 6 supervisors and only 4 processing staff? one good manager would suffice
Pros
free parking
Cons
management
Irish new paper
Transfer Agency AML Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cork7 September 2016
• Scanning of documentation including books, newspapers and photographs
• Archiving to online software
• Producing a record locater for each document archived.
• Archiving of scanned documents into boxes, and prepare for archived boxes to be taken off site for storage.
• Reviewing scanned documents online, adding identifier tags, editor notes and formatting
environnement agreable
Account Manager Middle Office (Current Employee) –  Dublin21 April 2016
tres bonne experience back et middle office
gestion alternative contact client
Short in staff long hours
Sr Investor Relations Representative - TA (Former Employee) –  IE11 February 2016
Great working colleagues however due to shortage of staff it turn to be very difficult to work the long hours to complete all task when people are work with less staff them required.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, shortage of staff.
Friendly Environment
Fund Manager (Former Employee) –  IFSC, Dublin22 January 2016
A very busy environment. However, it gives me the opportunities to learn a lot and open to different types funds and there's room to move from one team/ department to another. Overall good place to work and friendly environment.
Unfortunately I did not have a great experience with BNY.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D8 September 2015
While I was in BNY there was huge staff turn-over, the hours worked were very demanding, while using very old out of date systems and all of this working under a sub standard management.
Inviting, productive workplace, with great people
Test Analyst (ISTQB-certified) (Current Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland13 November 2014
A very rewarding place to work. Met a lot of very nice people, always willing to help out.
Learned a lot about financial services during my time here.
Career Timewarp Hub
Senior Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Cork20 August 2014
Reward system worst ever experienced, inhouse referral system just a route to recruit buddies, no advancement unless you a member of the "club"
Pros
Pension and healthcare
Cons
Performance measurement
Variety of duties
Transfer Agency Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Drinagh, WX21 July 2014
Everyday presented different challenges and no two days were the same, which is a good.
Highly stressful with inadequate training
Transfer Agent Administrator (Former Employee) –  Drinagh, WX14 July 2014
I worked in the Legg Mason section for my 3 months for work placement. It was regarded as the section nobody wanted to work in. The heavy workload and huge responsibility i was quickly given was matched with very inadequate training.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Highly stressful job
Badly managed, disorganized work enviornment.
Senior TA Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ireland18 April 2014
Had to leave because the job that I interviewed for and was assigned were entirely different. Also there was a difference in salary-from what I was promised and what I received. Lack of weekly meetings with management took place. Teams concerns were not addressed and rarely remedied.
• Highly conscientious, focussed on the detail. I like to get things right first time.
Senior Pricing Analyst, Static data and Tax (Current Employee) –  IFSC Dublin26 January 2013
I work for the Securities Data Management (SDM) Team setting up different types of securities on our many user banks. My duties include signing off other team members set ups. This gives me a wide exposure to all asset types (Equities, Bonds, Futures, Rights, Commercial papers, Certificate of deposits, Mutual funds,OTC Securities) and has expanded my knowledge of all financial instruments.

Was promoted to Senior Pricing Administrator after 18 months.

I price securities for many clients on many different Funds with set deadlines using Bloomberg, FT, Reuters on a daily and weekly basis.

I am involved with Money markets which gives me an exposure to short term debt instruments (Treasury securities, Comercial papers, Certificate of deposits, Time deposits)

I carry out FX Rates which compares the worlds currencies against GBP or USD.

I manage/maintain the security master mailbox, responding to queries and ensuring that all queries have been dealt with by Close of Business. I have a very close relationship with the Valuations/Fund Accounting, Reconciliations, Custody and Trade Capture teams and I am one of the main points of contact regarding all set ups and queries. This responsibility gives me a significant amount of experience with delegating work and helps in improving my time management. The quick turn around of all queries is key to my success in this role.

I maintain the Market Data mailbox and respond to pricing queries within appropriate time limits. In so doing I develop and maintain close relationships with members of other teams.

I carry out many adhoc tasks such
  more... as set up statistics and audit reporting for our many userbanks. I maintain cover when other team members are on annual leave or sick leave.

I play a central role in the implementation of Rankos (BREF) a new tool for uploading securities on to Invest.1/Enterprise which is our platform.

I am continuously improving our systems and processes. This is done by the many projects I have carried out.

I am also central in the roll out of a new queue that will catch securities that need to be set up. This will eliminate Trade Capture and improve greatly our turn around.
Pros
great health insurance and pension scheme.
Productive and fun workplace
Facilities and Property Administrator (Current Employee) –  IFSC, Dublin 18 October 2012
On a daily basis, I manage the incoming email requests from staff requests A/C control, archiving collections and office moves. I then forward these requests to the facilities team maintaining the building the work has been requested for. Following this i would process work order for each request, and in some cases a purchase order for larger scale work. I also control the human resources for each of the facilities teams in the five buildings nationwide. This includes, timesheets, annual leave requests and return to work procedures. During lunch breaks i also do receptionist cover, also on annual leave.

I have learned and gained more confidence in my role as the management team support and push you for your best result, realising the great potential i can achieve. I have a great relationship with my co-workers as i am easy-going and bubbly, making it easy to gain the respect of my position with my co-workers.

I enjoy everyday in my position as it differs daily and i always thrive on any new challenge that my arise.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sr Corporate Action (Former Employee) –  Ireland8 August 2012
A typical day at work was fun, I learn a lot of everything

The organization was good my co workers help and make my time better
All the job was easy to manage , the most enjoyable was dealing with Mandatory events
Pros
i enjoy learning working, the enviroment was nice
Cons
my location at the time was 2 hours distance, the salary was the same as the social