Boots UK Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, County Louth12 December 2017
As I did work experience there I didn’t get any wages but the manager and the employees said to me before I left my work experience that I am a very pleasant girl to work with. I got on so well with the manager and the employees they were sad to see me go.
great
store worker (Former Employee) –  Castlebar, County Mayo8 November 2017
best place to work great group of people and very good atmosphere the managers were great and coustomers are very friendly good pay and good benifits .
to be working again
Stock Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterford City Centre, County Waterford22 September 2017
I miss regular work as I miss the money to pay the bills and improve my quality of life so I need to be working as I am in the later parts of my life and would love to enjoy life a bit more than I am at this moment due to lack of finance

I enjoy work as and when I get work I enjoy meeting people and I miss driving a fork lift truck as well as a routine of getting up to go to work
Pros
Earnig Money
Cons
Not able to buy certain items and pay bills
Productive and Interesting
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallaght, County Dublin21 September 2017
Everyday I looked forward to going to work with a new challenge ahead of me. I was always willing to learn new skills that would help me later on in life
Pros
Good breaks
Happy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 September 2017
This retail centre makes my shopping life a whole lot easier. I can fit myself flexibly and shop whenever I want. It has all the latest brands and I feel very welcome when I am there.
Customer Service/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 September 2017
Working as an employee of Boots thought me how deeply interested in Cosmectics I am. I was very passionate about the products and helping the customer to find the best products that would suit them.
Productive and encouraging
Sales Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, County Kildare29 August 2017
Excellent place to work. Management and Staff members very helpful and encouraging. Learned new skills. Alot of different tasks each day which made working there very interesting.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
was available to work, wished there were more working hours
Work Experience
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Drogheda, County Louth9 August 2017
it was for my leaving Certificate work experience
I done the Christmas stock in the warehouse
Stock shelves
Changed prices
Doing Price checks
cleaning shelves
productive
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick10 June 2017
i found the staff in the shop very helpful if i was ever in need of help or had any questions. every day i went to work the atmosphere was great. always a positive attitude. the hardest part of the job was the stock room as the store was big there was alot of stock to put away. the most enjoyable part of the day was every minute of the day that i could help someone.
Pros
good amount of time for your lunch
Cons
if it is quiet you might not have alot to do.
productive and fun workplace
Retailer (Former Employee) –  Port Laoise, County Laois8 June 2017
Productive and fun workplace. Always a busy place. Customers were always friendly. Employees were always engaging with the customers and other work staff.
Pros
lunch anytime
Cons
not enough lunch hours
Okay pay - not worth it
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway27 May 2017
Very pressured environment. Manager very difficult to get on with- sarcastic, doesn't have a clue what she's doing. Other staff members nice but mostly older
Very good place to work
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Bandin24 May 2017
Very good place to work staff are lovely standing around all day tends to cause back aches not a lot to do if you are not high up in the job the shop I worked in was small and not a lot of customers came in so I found it quite boring
great place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork7 May 2017
great management, very understanding.
lovely colleges, very welcoming.
Typical day would include customer assistance, till work, restocking shelves and pulling stock forward.
Great workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Liffey Valley Centre, County Dublin20 April 2017
I did work experience in boots liffey valley shopping centre as a part of my transition year work experience, i started in September 2016 and ended December 2016 throughout my time i spent there I learned how to deal with customers in an approachable yet polite way and how to put away and clean stock when its needed to. I worked in the store around the busy times in Christmas and the team in boots wore extremely cooperative with me as i was only adapting to the work place , over all experience was great for me and i learned so many new skills.
Pros
Learning how the environment of retail works
Cons
Not getting paid
Worst place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liffey Valley Centre, County Dublin18 April 2017
The worst management staff I've ever come across. The Store Manager is a mean, horrible woman who looks down her nose at everyone, including customers. The days are long, and the stock is never in. Getting into trouble for empty shelves, when there's no stock to fill them. Never being able to find a manager when you need one because they're up in the office having a grand oul chat.

If you want to work for a company that ignores your hard work, has no chance for promotion, very little training and the worst management staff, then this is the place for you!
Pros
Salary
friendly staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liffey Valley Centre, County Dublin27 March 2017
very long days
learnt to deal with hard and rude costumers
the other staff and the most enjoyable part of my job
very friendly made friends for life.
Pros
Time and a half on sundays
Cons
long days
Fun workplace
Trainee (Current Employee) –  Longford21 March 2017
Great experience for long term work . Friendly environment, customers are friendly , manager is good and kind . Short hours for work experience . Lunch and breaks times are reasonable
Summary
Temporary Contract (Former Employee) –  Dublin17 February 2017
Boots is a fantastic company to work for. The only reason I did not stay within the company was because I was on a temporary contract and I wanted to pursue my dream for working on a makeup counter full-time. The work load was manageable and I learned a lot, especially customer service. I improved on my time keeping, time related tasks and improved my skills of working as part of a big team.
Pros
Improving on my work abilities
Cons
No cons
my work experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlestown Finglas2 February 2017
i loved my week work experience at Boots Charlestown , the employers where amazing ,so kind and caring helped me as much as they could , made me feel very welcome and comfortable
Pros
work experience
boring
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  ireland5 November 2016
boring. dry store. but this was just this particular store as it was based in a boring side of town. everything was very depressing, boring and slow and i looked forward to my breaks and the end of the day.
Pros
i know never to accept a job like that again
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.