Boots Employee Reviews

productive
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick10 June 2017
i found the staff in the shop very helpful if i was ever in need of help or had any questions. every day i went to work the atmosphere was great. always a positive attitude. the hardest part of the job was the stock room as the store was big there was alot of stock to put away. the most enjoyable part of the day was every minute of the day that i could help someone.
Pros
good amount of time for your lunch
Cons
if it is quiet you might not have alot to do.
great place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork7 May 2017
great management, very understanding.
lovely colleges, very welcoming.
Typical day would include customer assistance, till work, restocking shelves and pulling stock forward.
Great workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Liffey Valley Centre, County Dublin20 April 2017
I did work experience in boots liffey valley shopping centre as a part of my transition year work experience, i started in September 2016 and ended December 2016 throughout my time i spent there I learned how to deal with customers in an approachable yet polite way and how to put away and clean stock when its needed to. I worked in the store around the busy times in Christmas and the team in boots wore extremely cooperative with me as i was only adapting to the work place , over all experience was great for me and i learned so many new skills.
Pros
Learning how the environment of retail works
Cons
Not getting paid
Worst place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liffey Valley Centre, County Dublin18 April 2017
The worst management staff I've ever come across. The Store Manager is a mean, horrible woman who looks down her nose at everyone, including customers. The days are long, and the stock is never in. Getting into trouble for empty shelves, when there's no stock to fill them. Never being able to find a manager when you need one because they're up in the office having a grand oul chat.

If you want to work for a company that ignores your hard work, has no chance for promotion, very little training and the worst management staff, then this is the place for you!
Pros
Salary
Fun workplace
Trainee (Current Employee) –  Longford21 March 2017
Great experience for long term work . Friendly environment, customers are friendly , manager is good and kind . Short hours for work experience . Lunch and breaks times are reasonable
Summary
Temporary Contract (Former Employee) –  Dublin17 February 2017
Boots is a fantastic company to work for. The only reason I did not stay within the company was because I was on a temporary contract and I wanted to pursue my dream for working on a makeup counter full-time. The work load was manageable and I learned a lot, especially customer service. I improved on my time keeping, time related tasks and improved my skills of working as part of a big team.
Pros
Improving on my work abilities
Cons
No cons
my work experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlestown Finglas2 February 2017
i loved my week work experience at Boots Charlestown , the employers where amazing ,so kind and caring helped me as much as they could , made me feel very welcome and comfortable
Pros
work experience
boring
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  ireland5 November 2016
boring. dry store. but this was just this particular store as it was based in a boring side of town. everything was very depressing, boring and slow and i looked forward to my breaks and the end of the day.
Pros
i know never to accept a job like that again
Cons
everything
Company gone down hill
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ireland29 October 2016
Been in my role for last ten years. Numerous management changes. Can not advance with this company I have been passed over for promotion a number of times when I ask why I am told it just the way it is. Preformance reviews a joke you have to be working on the cash cow no 7 counter to get what they call legendary. New managers arriving into the company with little to no experience and treating the older more experienced staff like twelve year olds. Work load massive with little to no supportm. The company is cutting more and more leasing to over worked staff who can't cope. Unrealistic expectations avoid if you can.
Pros
My team
best work place!
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castlebar, County Mayo15 August 2016
I was very nervous about trying work experience there but I ended up doing another two full weeks of work experience I loved it that much! It's a big business do there's lots to do! Definitely would recommend it to others!
Terrible place to work
Concession Manager (Former Employee) –  Liffey Valley Centre, County Dublin24 July 2016
Working in boots store as a concession manager but did not work for the company them selfs. From the very first day I started I was made feel like complete dirt by the main management team. No matter what I did or didn't do Notting was ever good enough for them. The work and effort I put in over the months I worked there and it was still not enough. Everyday I went to work there was always a different complaint from the management. I was spoken to like dog most days and made feel like dirt . Management have no people skills at all and certainly do not have management skills either espically in the way they speak and treat staff. I would never recommend this company too work for. Not all management were bad there was some nice not many. All staff members were lovely and very helpful with everything
Pros
Cons
Friendly staff
Work Placement.
Work Placement (Former Employee) –  Drogheda, County Louth18 July 2016
i worked here for 4 weeks as a part of my LCA course.
I had the most amazing time!
Very friendly staff!
I learned how to deal with customers.
I really enjoyed getting to know these people!
Pros
friendly
Cons
dreadful company to work for, but great, hardworking staff and atmosphere.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jervis, Dublin City.7 July 2016
the worst company i've ever worked for. great salary, but never paid correctly or on time. disgraceful and disorganised management. documentation was slow, and there was a severe lack of communication between management and staff (i.e, failure to communicate roster changes, etc). great co-workers, very hard working staff and good atmosphere and morale. i thoroughly enjoyed the company of the people i worked with, and the job itself (till staff, floor staff) was also enjoyable. i loved assisting customers and meeting new people. however, the company itself is dreadful to work for and i'd never recommend working here if you want a reliable job and salary, praise for your hard work, organised management and proper documentation.
Pros
hard working staff, great atmosphere, great salary.
Cons
dreadful management and communication
Nice environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway4 June 2016
Nice place and environment and the staff were lovely and encouraging. Seems to love their job and were nice to everyone and would help if necessary.
met fab people
Pharmacy dispenser (Current Employee) –  Kilkenny City, County Kilkenny12 May 2016
enjoyed the customer and patient interaction
the salary is good the hours are good
the offers are good

no 7 products are fab
Pros
salary
Cons
management
organised and structred
Healthcare Advisor (Current Employee) –  Clare7 May 2016
great prospect for career advancement, but sometimes difficult for work/ life balance due to un pridictable working hours.
Pros
good training and progressive learning programms
Cons
to much focus on sales targets, unpredictable working hours e.g 6 am- 8 pm inclusive
Nice and friendly workplace
Charity worker (Former Employee) –  Midleton, County Cork3 May 2016
I have learned how to cope with high stress and helping people while in high pressure situations. Management is good, there is always a back up plan in case something goes wrong. Very friendly co-workers and staff.
Very friendly environment and well organised.
general assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork16 April 2016
I learned how to work with people and help them decide what product is suitable for them. I also realised how hard the job is being on your feet all day, however all staff are very friendly at all times.
Productive and fun environment, nice staff.
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 April 2016
A typical day at work consisted of general work at Boots, which would include the following:
• Stocking shelves after delivery of products
• Assist customers
• Working on the till
• Cleaning (mopping, cleaning dust etc)
• Keeping the shop and displays clean and tidy at all times
• Ensuring all products are not outdated
• Participated in the day to day running of the shop

My co-workers were very punctual and organised.

The hardest part of the job - I did not find anything extremely difficult while working there.

I learned how to effectively communicate with the customers, to work fast and be positive at all times.
Pros
Discounts, Vouchers
Good atmosphere
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  City Centre Dublin, County Dublin21 February 2016
I really enjoyed working for Boots. The people are very nice and welcoming. I would defintely work for Boots again in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots. Our community is ready to answer.