Bord na Mona Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fun to work good bunch of lads
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Kilberry plant18 January 2017
Good hours good shift rates good bunch of lads to work with but manager and supervisers reslly stricked but over all was a great experience really enjoyed it
fun work placement
Fitter Assistants (Former Employee) –  Thurles, County Tipperary16 June 2016
I really liked working in Bord Na Mona it was a really good experience to see what it was like to work with a fitter in a factory fixing machines used in the production of peat, it was also a experience to work with one the biggest producers in Ireland.

got on great with my co workers and had really good fun with them while we got are work done.

I did find the early mornings hard as I was up at 6 am but I was young and could deal with it now.

I really liked fixing different machines and found it very interesting
Pros
got a dinner on a Saturday
Cons
Early starts
Fun and dynamic workplace
General Worker (Current Employee) –  An Daingean, OY8 January 2015
I really enjoyed my time spent working in Bord na Mona. Its a lovely job and the work is interesting. However it offers little or no job security unfortunately.
Pros
Staff are nice
Cons
No job security
Great Work Place
Coal Man (Current Employee) –  Galway, G11 December 2014
Loved it dealing with the public everyday some say the hardest part of the job is the weather and heavy lifting i wouldnt i loved every bit of it and would love to do it for the rest of my life but that is not going to happen as the coal business is coming to a end over the Carbon Tax will miss but they no im looking for another job as i need to be working full time every man needs to be working full time
Pros
Hours were perfect
Cons
its not full time
Intense and challenging
Machine Driver (Former Employee) –  Longford15 May 2012
As a tractor driver it is a very hands on job. Team work is a must as there will always be a time when you need help. It is a very tough job and patience is a virtue which is honed in this environment. As it is weather dependant everyone is given their job to do by the supervisor and this has to be done as quickly and precisely as possible. Most days I would have to work on my own initiative. It is a friendly place to work and everybody tends to get along with one another. I learned very quickly what I was expected to do and because of this I was trusted with more jobs and a supervisory role.
Pros
outdoors, easy atmosphere
Cons
very long hours.