Boston Scientific Employee Reviews

Advanced research
R&D (Former Employee) –  County Galway7 February 2018
My project in Boston Scientific involved Development of an anticalcification in vitro model to study the effect of a novel polyepoxide crosslinker on bovine pericardium. Calcification is one of the main mechanisms for valve tissue degradation in bioprosthetic heart valves in-vivo. Interestingly we managed to decrease the tissue calcification considerably.
Pros
Job experience within medical device production
great company
LOGISTIC SHIPPING AGENT (Current Employee) –  Cork14 January 2018
Friendly work environment. Decent superiors. Management are approachable and value your ideas. staff are a diverse friendly bunch. Free health insurance for all permanent employees.
Pros
Nearby
Cons
Could do with more parking spaces
good
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Galway10 January 2018
nITs a good place to work overall. It's regular hours, nice people, nice management. Unless someone is sick you're not asked to stay longer than your set hours.
Pros
lunch
Dinamica
Team Builder II (Former Employee) –  Clonmel10 November 2017
Boa empresa para trabalhar com bom ambiente de trabalho e muita seguranca.
Pros
Salario e beneficios
Cons
nao fornece vale'refeicao
brilliant place to work
Product builder (Former Employee) –  Galway27 September 2017
i absolutely loved working there, it was a great experience for me, i found that the days really flew by, my colleges were good fun but also committed to there role in the company
Professional place to work
Lead numerous projects (Former Employee) –  Galway28 August 2017
professional place to work. good place to work if you are looking to rain valuable experience in working in a team and also working on your own projects.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hurs
Friendly nice place to work
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Galway14 April 2017
My shift starts at 7:30 till 3:30 we get 2 30 minute breaks. The management are great and my colleges in work are very friendly everyone get along together. I've learned alot about the Medical Device industry at Boston Scientific.
Pros
Start times and finish
Cons
No cons as such easy going work atmosphere.
cleanroom environment and nice people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cork27 March 2017
I enjoyed the atmosphere working here. I worked on my own on a production line. it was hard tedious work but i still enjoyed it. the boss wasnt nice but i still got on well and managed my work.
Pros
Cafe
Cons
not fun
productive
Material Handler, Trainer, (Current Employee) –  Galway29 January 2017
Currently working here it's a good place to work with a well balanced work and life ethic. Rewarded for extra effort. Management are alway hands on as are support staff.
Great Place to work
Quality Technician - Projects (Former Employee) –  Galway19 January 2017
Boston Scientific is a good company with career progression prospects if you are in the right team or get a good mentor. It's also about your own initiative to approach your superiors and let them know what your ambition and what career path you wish to take, and they will support you.
Like any other place you get good and bad managers/supervisors with different leadership styles and qualities but it is knowing how to deal with each character - mainly just focus on your goal.
Great workplace culture of quality excellence and diversity
Some tasks can be challenging but it's a learning curve
Most enjoyable part of the job was dynamism no day was the same I learnt new things everyday.
Product builder
Product builder (Former Employee) –  Galway16 January 2017
Early start and worked on the same step for 8 hours a day 5 days Monday to Friday.Supervisor was an absolute tool who was always sneering at us from a distance checking numbers constantly and generally unhelpful to say the least.If there had been cross training it would have improved morale but this was not an option for us as agency workers(ICE) another shower of bloodsuckers.
Pros
Clean, bonus, canteen, co-workers.
Cons
No cross-training, management ignorant, boring repetitive, no chance of advancement from product builder.
Graduate Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary16 January 2017
A lot of products are being manufactured so this place is very productive. Work is quite easy, a lot of training are taking place. A lot of job rotation
Grate place to work
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Cork28 December 2016
I am currently working in Boston Scientific, I have gained valuable experience working here. It is a fun place to work and has a great team atmosphere.
work place
Cleanroom Operator (Current Employee) –  Galway29 August 2016
good place to work as there is a good working environment and the salary is good. Canteen facilities are very good. Boston is a big company with with a lot of staff
Pros
big canteen for lunch breaks
Cons
Great co-workers and supervisor- bad management
Product Builder (Current Employee) –  Galway31 July 2016
12 years in the Galway plant.Was a great place to work not anymore respect for no one hard to get the holidays you want.They just use people now so they don't have to pay proper salary they are even trying to get the Product builders III to do supervisors job for very little extra pay.No matter how much extra work and hours you put in it's all the same outcome when they are finished with you it's back to trying to make things as hard as possible for you in the clean room.And whatever you do don't get sick.Plenty of other good employers in the Galway area now avoid if you want respect as an employee.They are constantly trying to cut costs for people at the bottom scale while management give themselves top bonuses.
Pros
Great co workers and supervisor
Cons
Bad management
Productive, Rewarding, Focused workplace, Enjoyable workplace
Product Builder (Former Employee) –  Galway9 June 2016
Start each day at set hours. Reach your target each hour while making sure to follow each procedure correctly and efficiently. Learnt a great deal about different medical devices and products. Very rewarding job, Management and co-workers all very friendly and approachable. The hardest part about the job was if some of the machinery on a line was slow so trying to hit the target on time and efficiently however this would not occur often. The most enjoyable part of the job was hitting each target correctly and efficiently.
Pros
Enjoyable, Rewarding
Product Builder (Former Employee) –  Cork30 May 2016
It was a good company to work for, learned many important things for the manufacturing industry and had a high level of training there. Quality was to a very high standard and it should me the importance of this in my work.
Pros
Good people, fun place to work and helped me get good experience in industry
Cons
I suppose the oppourtunities to progress my carreer
Lovely Place to work
I.C.E. Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  Galway6 April 2016
Great management, lovely environment, very little job security though. Work its self is easy. On the job training is handy. Hours are grand too.
Pros
Finishing at 3pm
Cons
Starting at 7am
Supplier Quality
Supplier Quality Technician II (Current Employee) –  Cork21 December 2015
I work on first article activities, acceptance activities, vendor change management and all other product qualification processes including raw material regulated assessment to meet regulatory requirement and directives..
Pros
Free lunch, flexible hours and career development
Cons
Limited to less than two years contract
Focused, enjoyable, diligent environment
Quality Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Cork11 November 2015
A fantastic working atmosphere within the company. All individuals highly skilled at their specific roles, and more importantly always willing to take time a help others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.