Brown Thomas Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Multicultural
Luxury Goods Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dublin25 August 2017
Working there makes me feel comfortable and having a great time with a multicultural team.Such a pleasure spend my days with so many good people. The only bad thing is about the business itself,the unsocial hours are hard!
Pros
workplace, people and salary
Cons
Unsocial hours
Great workplace to be in very helpful staff.
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin25 July 2017
Overall my time in brown Thomas was amazing very helpful staff , good security in the workplace I never felt under pressure good environment to work in.
Pros
Discounts in local stores
bad place to work
Chef (Former Employee) –  Dublin City University, County Dublin29 April 2017
I work in Brown Thomas Restaurant , It is the worse place i worked in my life . The Boss are rude , intimidating , food are not fresh most are frozen ,
very good
Security (Former Employee) –  Galway25 April 2017
very good place to work management for this company is good and easy to get through to management with any enquiruies.
pay is always on time aswell...
Busy and dynamic environment
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 April 2017
Brown Thomas provides impeccable customer service and it is a pleasure to work with such luxury goods. Beautiful surroundings and atmosphere. Good HR and management team. They will bring out the best in your abilities.
Pros
Training provided
Cons
Retail hours, especially Christmas and New Years. Competitive sales.
vibrant workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 March 2017
professionally managed, vibrant environment, friendly staff, luxury sales ethos, work as one, opportunity for further positions, advancing, dynamic and fast paced
Productive, professional, and friendly workplace.
Temporary Christmas Staff (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 February 2017
Brown Thomas is a very professional company to work for and there is very little ambiguity within their company. All sufficient training to do the job required was provided. Most of the staff are very friendly and welcoming to temporary staff. It is easy to get your work done if you are willing to do it.
Pros
Flexibilty, friendly co-workers, good pay.
Cons
Not many tempoarary staff get made permanent.
An amazing experience
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin Grafton Street10 February 2017
While i worked at Brown Thomas I didn't want to leave but I was only a Christmas temp.The mangers and colleagues that i had there were some of the best people i had ever met. there were all so warm and friendly. The mangers were what made the experience great.they gave me such a confidence boost that made me step out of my comfort zone and that helped me gain new skills as a worker.
Pros
Good hours, cheap canteen for lunch
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Loyalty Line) (Current Employee) –  Dublin1 February 2017
Good workplace culture, staff discount and commission is a major benefit and so is the product knowledge. Easiest part of the job was selling and the customers are all lovely. Hardest part was working in a retail environment, asking to use the bathroom etc.
Pros
Knowledge gained, bonuses
Well managed, productive environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 January 2017
Menswear has a great management team, who are understanding and reasonable. The hours are typical retail hours, apart from the Christmas period when they become very anti-social. As well as a full hour lunch, there is also a 30 minute break and free lunch every Sunday.
Pros
Free Sunday lunch
Cons
Anti-social Christmas hours
Lots of experience gained, I learned a lot from working here.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  dublin29 December 2016
I learned great customer service skills and got familiar with handling large sums of money. I gained great experience, made great friends and great links.
The most enjoyable part of the job was selling the product because i love fashion.
The most difficult part of the job was dealing with difficult customers.
Pros
subsidised canteen with free lunch on sundays, great wage, lovely employees.
Cons
long hours, unsocial holiday hours
fun work place
lingerie (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 October 2016
Great opportunities to grow and to learn more skills.its also great to learn more about different products and different brands and u also meet important people .
Pros
free lunches great team workers
Fun workplace
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 July 2016
Great company to work for with great opportunites , learned a lot of new tasks and responsibilities in this work place and really enjoyed my time here.
A typical day would involve taking in big high brand deliveries
Great job
Retail Assistant/General Operative/Administration (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 May 2016
Excellent workplace. Good people. Loads of benefits to working at BT. Great development opportunities available for staff
Productive & Encouraging
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin City University, County Dublin18 May 2016
Over all, my time in Brown Thomas was well spent. I enjoyed the day to day sales, and my colleagues were very supportive. The management were very encouraging and helped me become more proficient in the sales area.
The most enjoyable part of the job, was being able to provide each customer with a 5 star service, and watch them walk away with happy and satisfied.
Professional experience
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin1 May 2016
Through working in Brown Thomas, I have acquired a large array of skills including quality customer service and excellent sales experience. Both being emerged in a work place where my co-workers are older and more experienced than I am, and dealing with high-end products has resulted in me having the capabilities to work confidently in many areas of expertise. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is the relationship I have with a customer. When we succeed in selling a product to a satisfied customer, we feel a sense of success.
Good working environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin25 April 2016
Deserves it's reputation as the most prestigious department stores in Ireland. Everything about the company is at a very high standard. Strong focus on sales and high customer service going above and beyond to meet customers expectations.
Pros
free lunches on sundays/bank holidays. learn from the best in the retail industry
Amazing Company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 March 2016
To work for the Brown Thomas group you learn what it truly means to provide customer service to go that extra mile for your customer. The entire company follows the same guide lines and work ethic and you learn so much from each individual.
Pros
Free Lunches, Commision
Cons
Long Hours
Teamwork Orientated Environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 January 2016
Working in Brown Thomas was a very beneficial experience for me. I was able to obtain high customer service skills and improve my selling skills. I also learnt the importance of working within a team and now completely understand that good teamwork is essential to the success within any business.
Pros
Commission, Free Lunch on Sundays, Employee Discount
Cons
Holiday Work
Ambiente de trabajo dinámico
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cork, Irlanda17 December 2015
Aprendí la función del Visual Merchandiser, el cual desempeña un papel muy importante en las ventas y en la imagen de la empresa. En Irlanda se le da mucha importancia a esta figura por lo que en un día normal pasaba de estar decorando los escaparates, a vestir maniquís o a buscar inspiración en pinterest por ejemplo.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brown Thomas. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3