Carousel Employee Reviews

Really strict and not lenient
Barn worker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DE1 November 2017
This was a good summer job for me and I did have my times where I enjoyed it but I was not given the benefit of the doubt to do the job. They made me clean out the stalls and walk the horses. It was fun but I also really wanted more time to work.
Nice place to work but management could be improved
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA18 October 2017
I learnt a great deal of specific product information in order to effectively sell products to customers and assist them with their store experience. Being able to personally interact with customers was a highlight of the job.
Pros
Smells nice
Cons
Hardly any work hours
fun and flexible placement
Early Years Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City, Glasgow10 October 2017
Each day at the nursery i had to take small groups of 5/6 and do activities with them such at making play dough, painting, building blocks and sand pits. I also had to change nappies each day and serve lunches as well as snacks.I also had to deal with parents when children where being picked up at home time and explain to them what their child had for breakfast, lunch and snack and also explain what they had got up to during the hours they had attended nursery. The staff in each room where lovely and i really enjoyed myself in the working placement. To this day I still keep in contact with a few members of the staff. My manager and co-manager at the time was lovely and so helpful when it came to paper work or if I was needing help coming up with my activities for the children. Over all I loved the job and would like to go down a career path where i could speak with public or work with children again.
Pros
vending machine in staff room
Hardwork
Contract Staff (Former Employee) –  Westfield WA12 June 2017
CarWash company that emphasises on customer service and optimising time.
Workplace culture however is very bland and no emphasis on ensuring employee recognition or happiness.
horrible place to work
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne12 June 2017
everyone i met was so depressed with their own lives they were literally on the verge of committing suicide, all bosses didnt really care for their worker
Fun environment
Manager/Chef (Former Employee) –  Perryville, MO19 March 2017
Business is no longer here. They had to shut down due to funds and some personal health issues the family had. It was a great place to work everyone was always smiling and happy.
Not good
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow13 March 2017
I didn't really like working in a nursery it just wasn't the right job for me I thought that's what I wanted to be because I got brought up with a lot of kids a baby's as I was in care
Pros
Paid
Excellent Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottingham1 December 2016
This company allowed and supported training within retail management, giving me many accolades for further working life. Friendly and co-operative management made every working day pleasant and gave me a motive to come to work everyday. They taught me how to give great customer service, and many management responsibilities. Overall I recommend working for this company.
Pros
Reliable hours, Friendly but strict management
Cons
Minimum wage pay when customer assistant
Environnement de travail agréable
Gestion de caisse et calcul du bénéfice journalier (Current Employee) –  Fontenay-sous-Bois (94)25 August 2016
Travail en autonomie du début à la fin de la journée ce qui est une bonne chose. Horaires de travail fixe.
Pros
Travail en autonomie de A à Z.
Cons
Pas d'avantage sur les chiffre d'affaire journalier
Good
General Warehouse work (Former Employee) –  Evansville, IN5 May 2016
The job was not bad, the pay was okay. I was not a fan of the management. The job was boring from time to time. It could have been more challenging
Supportive team enviroment, customer training
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cannington, W.A17 August 2015
In the 12 years I worked for Myer I received much experience with customer rapport, visual merchandising, logistics, team work, high level of product knowledge, telephone sales and management, procedures and protocols, staff training, customer service training, reserve housekeeping, team productivity and sales experience over many departments.
Pros
Customer training, management training and a supportive enviroment
Cons
travel
bad management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Evansville, IN16 September 2014
the job easy pretty simple and easy. the management was really bad. co-workers have bad attitudes and talk bad about customers
Cons
no breaks or health care
Exciting Company to work for
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne17 June 2013
My day at Carousel would be varied and I learned a great deal whilst at Carousel including project managing a multi-million pound Company relocation project
Pros
excellent benefits