Centra Ireland Employee Reviews

Work experience
Warehouse and Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tullyallen, County Louth9 August 2017
For my leaving cert applied
Cleaning
stock taking
putting stock onto shelves and changing around with used by dates
Putting products into the trolly for other staff
Love it but tough.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saggart, County Dublin8 July 2017
The management in the centra I work in is really tough. I love the job I do but here is no progress for me in where I am. I place orders and I am left in charge of other staff members but I am not for some reason being promoted and given a title.
Pros
Local to my home
Cons
Fully charged for lunches, boss never positive always negative
fun place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  County Waterford29 June 2017
very fun place to work and everyone is very nice and friendly and I made a lot of friends working hear. the work is relatively easy and management is easy going.
Weekend work, first job not very enjoyable
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nobber, County Meath29 June 2017
I didnt really like working here as the hours were changing every weekend.
Getting time off was also so such a chore and you were made feel bad even if it was weeks in advance.
Management could be nice one day and then go crazy the next day for doing the exact same level of work.
Pros
One of my friends worked there
Cons
Ratty customers, ratty managment
fun to work in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 June 2017
a typical day at work is 9 to 3 working on the till and if not busy stacking shelves and cleaning the store the most hardest part of the job is getting use to the till and opening the till the most enjoyable part was working with the people they were so freindly
Pros
free lunch
retail assistant
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick10 June 2017
from my experience in working in centra it was very positive. i found all the staff very positive in every aspect of work. i learned a lot of new things from working here e.g. working behind tills, serving customers and many more.
Pros
free lunches
Okay place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rosslare, County Wexford18 April 2017
Unfair pay and others things, it's an alright place to work but I wouldn't recommend for anyone wanting a part-time job that's unage. I've learned a lot from the shop, Management isn't the best
Pros
Cons
Unfair pay
Fun workplace
Shop Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ennis, County Clare14 April 2017
There was a good vibe in the workplace where I became good friends with my colleagues.

My typical work day would include working in the petrol hunt, on the cashier, taking in deliveries and dealing with customers.

I've been very loyal to my employer, working there over 7 years and now I'm ready for a new opportunity.
Pros
Team bonding
Cons
No opportunity to progress
fantastic place
Cash Office/Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin31 March 2017
fantastic managers and staff members to work with. really enjoyed my time with them. very busy place all the time. great atmosphere with excellent Director(owner).
Pros
cheaper lunch
It was great fun
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 March 2017
I made loads of friends , the other workers were friendly got along easily. They made me feel comfortable around them even thought they didn't know me well . Would recommend anyone to work there

Want to know more about Centra Ireland?

Ask a question
Excellent structure within a part-time context.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lower Kilmacud Road, Dublin 1423 February 2017
My time at The Bottle Shop was one of my fondest memories. My duties involved stock control, customer service, and hygiene.

The management and fellow staff members were extremely friendly, empowering, flexible, and considerate.

I can honestly say I do not have a bad word to say about my time here.
Pros
Delegation of job responsibility, sociable hours.
Cons
None.
Productive and enjoyable
Deli assistant and till worker (Former Employee) –  Galway25 January 2017
It was a busy work environment, I liked this because I like to be working hard while at my job. I liked everyone I worked with and would always want to help them any time I could.
Lavoro flessibile
commessa (Former Employee) –  Galway17 December 2016
Ho imparato tante cose belle anche se non avevo tanta esperienza sul questo lavoro con la buona volontĂ  ho accumulato tanta esperienza
Pros
Buon posto
Cons
Ho lavorato poco tempo
Love to work at centra
Deli Assistant (Current Employee) –  Donegal+-27 November 2016
People menagment are very helpful-pleasure to work with costumers-learned to give my best every single day to be plesent and smiley-team work
Pros
Free lunch
Bad work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 November 2016
I dident like the hours same days every week (Thursday-Sunday) for 6 months. The staff are really lazy and required me to do all the dirty work.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Bad hours
Busy and fun place
Customer Service Deli (Current Employee) –  Galway16 November 2016
Customer Service; Food preparation; Ordering; Cleaning;
Managment is ok but shifts are random so sometimes one person close Deli department all week. I should add that closeing is the hardest part of the job.
Allover this job is simple. It is important to be aware that we work with food and maintain hygienic standards and quality. Also we have to have a knowledge about the food we serve.
Co-workers are good and very good, friendly, except one employee who never help and he standing idle even 2 hours. Why owner does not see it ? I like day when we cooperate and have fun and customer is ok too.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Unknown shifts patern and that one worker
Tension and hard to endure.
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baile Chathail, County Mayo1 November 2016
The job itself was great i got to learn great costumer service and how to deal with difficult costumers. The management was extremely difficult to work with always putting me and my co workers down when i started till when i finished 3 co workers finished. it was a good summer job.
Pros
good pay.
Cons
not enough hours.
Polite and understanding staff
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Limerick22 October 2016
Enjoy working and interacting with fellow staff and costumers. A Typical days work starts with signing in with your code, asking the mananger on duty what work needs to be carried out. Finish by signing out with your code
Pros
Staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Good
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork18 October 2016
Honest good place to work, decent hours and fair pay, got on well with all the other staff and over time given more responsibilities.
Nice place to work
member of staff (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland4 October 2016
A typical day wasn't too bad my role in the store mainly consisted of cleaning up aisles, directing customers to where items were shelved, and general care of the store. I learned a lot about time management and the importance of organization in everyday life. I found that the staff that I worked alongside were genuinely lovely people they showed me the ropes when I had just began working there which was a huge help to me. I didn't really find anything about the job especially difficult, however I enjoyed the workplace environment and the friendly atmosphere.