Debenhams Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Loss pervention (Current Employee) –  Dublin3 October 2017
Would never work for them again hours are to long and ask to do to much for the money they pay. When you work over time. They pay time in lieu. And you never get the time back.
Pros
Dicount card
Cons
Long hours and ask to do to much for the money they pay
good work place
dressing rooms assisting (Former Employee) –  Cork7 September 2017
It was a good job. It wasnt for me in terms of work. I found it very tedious. The days were long and I didnt get paid as it was work experience. I learned how to deal with customers.
Pros
Long lunch
Great
Senior Technical Services advisor (Former Employee) –  tralee1 September 2017
Really good company to work for. Nice and relaxed. never stressed. enjoyed my time there. Only left to follow my dream job. Managers were always fair.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 July 2017
When I first started in Debenhams I had no experience of working in retail but after a few weeks it was second nature to me thanks to the great staff and fantastic management within Debenhams.
Pros
great location
Cons
Low pay, and so unprofessional management.
Sales Adviser (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 July 2017
Low pay

Unprofessional management

Less weekly hours contract.

Your roster can be changed over night without you being informed, its just not a happy place to work for.

Only positive is the colleagues you work with.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 June 2017
A typical day in Debenhams was just like an ordinary day at work, there were barely any customers in the morning, but as the day proceeded it got busier.

I learned how to use the price marker and learned how Sales work. The hardest part of work was to stand for a long period of time. (I was allocated to the Fragrance department)
Pros
Nice staff
Irina Egan
Sales (Former Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin4 May 2017
Whilst working in Debenhams I learned a lot about the retail trade, assessing customer's budgets and encouraging their interest in the products I was selling. The hardest part of the job was being on your feet all day and the most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was when I made a sale. The workplace culture was pleasant and I enjoyed the interaction with other staff members. A typical day @ work was from 9.00 to 5pm.

What I learned from this experience is that I very much enjoy with people and also the challenge of retail sales. The management were very helpful.
Pros
working in a pleasant environment
Trainee Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 April 2017
I did different things everyday, this was actually as a work experience in fourth year and i really enjoyed it, I would recommend this to everyone looking for a job
Great Workplace
Sales assistant and Customer Service advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 April 2017
Really enjoyed my time here the staff and management were friendly and helpful. Great experience and enjoyable work. would recommend working here highly..
Great staff the hours are horrible
Retail (Former Employee) –  Henry street Dublin5 April 2017
Your on your feet all day I would recommend it for people that don't mind it the Money was alright the manger was lovely and very helpful great for experience if your looking for it
Pros
The staff
Cons
The hours
Friendly work enviroment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick4 April 2017
I enjoyed working here, as it was a fun friendly working environment. From this job I have learned i have an interest in working in the retail sector. It was great getting the chance to experience the busy season of Christmas in a department store.
Great overall work place
Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry28 March 2017
Started in Tralee Branch from the transfer of Roches Stores at the time.
Amazing management and staff and great bunch to work with.
Well organised.
I was always very busy so days went very fast.
Always upbeat and positive.
Good training and proceedures.
A fair system for all everyone got the same treatment.
Pros
Overall very good
Enjoyable experience
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford15 March 2017
Debenhams was a very enjoyable place to work with friendly staff and management. I learned a lot about how how large stores engage with customers which will be very helpful moving forward.
Productive and energetic workplace, always something to do.
part of Christmas staff (Former Employee) –  Waterford, UK8 March 2017
Although my time in Debenhams was short, I did enjoy working there. It requires a patience, energy, good customer service and some knowledge of products. Attention to detail is a must and one must always strive to exceed customer expectation. Often a busy environment and required to perform multiple task. The biggest let-down for me was the pay. Not only was it monthly instead of weekly (preferable), I also wasn't entitled to receive ANY overtime pay until AFTER Christmas. I worked a lot of overtime. That needs to change for Christmas staff pronto. All in all, a good place to work.
Pros
Always something to do, never boring.
Cons
Often get late notice of shift changes, long hours, monthly pay.
lovely work atmosphere
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cork2 March 2017
Very enjoyable job, I started as a Sales advisor and worked up to Supervisor of Childrenswear, which involved organizing timetables for the staff in my department and also distribution of the work load, including merchandising the department and manning the tills. Before I left the job I had started the training program for management.
I have always enjoyed dealing with the public
Pros
Staff discount
Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin16 February 2017
I have learned from being a sales assistant you need to be confident ,you also learn new things and get to share your ideas with customers.
Lovely environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork11 February 2017
Friendly staff,Long hours,great lunch break,learned till management,dealing with customers and general stock recovery
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
difficult customers
Working Environment
My role was a sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry23 January 2017
I enjoyed working in Debenhams. All fellow staff members were very helpful and nice. I loved the environment on the shop floor and generally enjoyed a busy day of work. The training was very good enabling me to perform well. I learned how to manage time efficiently, give the customers first preference and to obey instructions and hit objectives. The hardest part of the job was working the till on a very busy day.
Pros
extra pay on sundays
Cons
sore on feet all day
Busy and enjoyable
Retail sales supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 November 2016
My day was always busy I would always find something to do. I learned how to deal with a lot of different situations that arose during my time in Debenhams. Learned new skills in stock management which I enjoyed, I grew in confidence when managing the floor especially when I was on my own. When working in a team I always got my staff to do their best to make the day go smoothly and get the jobs done to the best of their ability and to get the best out of each person. I never felt my job was hard as I prioritised work for each day and kept calm to get everything done. Working with my co-workers and managers was very enjoyable as I got on with everyone and I wanted to learn more to help improve my role as supervisor.
Pros
Discount and holidays
Cons
Late nights not good hours if you have a family
Staff discount
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Henry street18 October 2016
The staff discount is good on all fashion household cosmetics items we also get a good discount on food in the restaurant and in the cafe as well the food is nice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Debenhams. Our community is ready to answer.