Dell Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  Cork7 February 2018
A nice working culture, and potentials to accomplish more and an encouragement to learn new skills and enhance already available one. A good work culture and positive environment
Un posto di lavoro vero
server analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland21 January 2018
Molto stressante all'inizio, tra formazione, relocation, interazione con colleghi di altri paesi e culture.
Dopo il primo durissimo mese ci si ambienta ed è tutto in discesa e, se si è appassionati di information technology, è anche abbastanza gratificante.
L'organizzazione è pressoché perfetta, funziona tutto come un orologio svizzero: le pochissime volte che ci sono problemi vengono risolti, gli straordinari sono straordinari e,se non ricordo male, ci sono turnisti che coprono i servizi h24 per le notti e i week end ma la loro settimana è di 4 gg.
Quando lavoravo lì, per tornare a casa pagavo €6 per raggiungere l'aeroporto, contro gli 8-10 che si spendevano in Italia già allora, ma guadagnavo 2-2,5 volte tanto.
Per intendersi, lo sfruttamento dell'azienducola padronale all' italiana non c'è e nemmeno nullafacenza e cialtroneria : bisogna lavorare sul serio, altrimenti si viene cacciati, e anche in malo modo.
Per chi non riesce a reggere, c'è anche un servizio di assistenza psicologica, massaggiatrici e palestra.
Per divertirsi ci sono delle linee notturne comodissime che servono tutta la costa e, quindi, dopo che si lavora, non serve nemmeno la macchina; non mancano ristoranti, pub negozi e centri commerciali per tutte le tasche.
E' un po' difficile ambientarsi perché gli autoctoni non sono così accoglienti come li si dipinge ma è solo una questione di tempo.
La mia esperienza risale a una decina di anni fa, non so se è ancora così, ma il mio ricordo è molto positivo, nonostante le difficoltà iniziali.
Pros
Salario, formazione, location, ambiente di respiro internazionale, palestra, massaggi, psicologo
Cons
I ritmi di lavoro, per chi va lì dall'Italia
good salary
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick6 January 2018
Shifts not allocated properly. No time for living. have to improve Communication, training plans for employees, rewards, culture.Carer progression available to all
Shipping department
SHIPPING OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Limerick30 October 2017
A hard job as I was retrieving certain computers from stock for delivery all over Europe. Was difficult as some computers were often stored in wrong area which made the job a lot harder as a certain amount of computers was expected to be delivered each day.
Channel Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  South Dublin, County Dublin12 October 2017
I worked here for 13 years and grew and developed a lot during this time.
I learned how to work with senior professionals and also how to build and maintain relationships.
I learned a lot about Dell products & sales tools which enabled me to have a very successful career while I was there.
Pros
Cons
N/a
Good Place to Work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Limerick11 October 2017
Dell wants to make sure it get the product to its customer working and within an a certain tie frame. It values its customers and staff wages are fair and they got a good package ie Health Care Sports Social and Pension.
You wish to advance your education dell not stand in your way they sponsor your education.
Pros
As above
Cons
Depends on Supervisor you can progress or not
decent workplace
general operative (Former Employee) –  CORK1 October 2017
decent workplace with many different opportunities.
Didnt work there for long, but i've noticed it's well managed and has well developed procedures for every task.
Fun workplace:
Corporate and Operational Accountant (Former Employee) –  Cork27 September 2017
Brilliant work life balance.
Co-workers all very friendly and welcoming.
Great benefits.
Fantastic opportunities to expand your skills.
The resources that are given are brilliant.
I loved the charity give back days they really made you feel like you were making a difference.
Pros
EMC University courses were free
Cons
Long unpaid hours when it came to month end
productive and flexible
Enterprise Pre sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 September 2017
Dell without doubt provide very flexible working environment to its employees. I have spent almost 12 years in dell and it has both tough and fun days throughout my career in Dell. I have learned a lot during my career at Dell which has helped in progressing from Inside sales role to enterprise consultant. Dell not only provided work life balance but also accommodated different cultures.

I always enjoyed dealing with customers to resolve their issues during all projects. I also enjoyed mu time during mentoring new colleagues. End of quarter period is always hardest part of the job while reviewing numbers.

I always enjoyed and learned a lot from my management as they were always willing to listen and help in all kind of issues.
Great Place to work
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 September 2017
Great place to work, fantastic facilities and benefits for staff ..
hard to move up through the company..it can be more based on who you know rather than what you know.. overall a good place to work.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
High Targets
Good Place to Work
Software Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cork6 September 2017
Good Place to Work, although i cannot give a good or bad review because I only worked with Dell EMC for four months after the takeover of EMC. When I started working there, it was just called EMC and Dell weren't in the picture.
Good working conditions
Senior Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Limerick11 August 2017
Good working conditions,
Good pay, great working atmosphere, good sports and social club and great benefits for employees e,g., health insurance and such.
DELL was a good place to work
Line Operator/ stocking the line (Former Employee) –  Raheen, County Limerick27 July 2017
Dell was a good place to work on a typical day I wold help stock the line and get trayes for the computers so they can be sent down the line I found out I was quit flexible I found the management quit good we would have one on ones with the manager once every quarter the hardest part of the jobs if a person on holidays I might be sent to their line to help out and parts would be on in different area of the line.
Good place to work with minimal advancement for contractors.
Hardware Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Cork24 July 2017
Great workplace and a canteen that while isn't always the best, is always enough to get through the day and for a good price subsidized by DELL.

Typical day on the test floor is completely different depending on area. My area was relatively relaxed most of the quarter and ramps up the closer it gets to EOQ. Workload is manageable and split among you and your teammates who are all entirely happy to help with anything should you require it.

Management are all close by and do their best to work with you on all occasions. Worked very well and respect was shown both ways by all members.

Hardest part of the job is learning all the different errors that can pop up during the test sequence and handling the errors you don't recognize by applying what you learned from the other errors.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the comradery between teammates and how easy it is to talk to anyone on the factory floor.
Pros
Staff are wonderful people, Subsidized canteen, Good hours, Fair pay
Cons
No real opportunities for contractors to advance
Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  Limerick13 July 2017
was in the manufacturing side of things so worked the 12 hour shifts monday to thursday. mad hours but had long weekends which was nice. management sucked big-time
Great comradeship
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Ovens, County Cork6 July 2017
The Staff are great to work with very friendly and will help you to adapt quickly into the work environment

Management are there to help in any way they can to help resolve issues that may arise also have very good leadership qualities

The speed required varies quite a lot and can become over whelming if not able to keep pace

The variation of work available and ethics behind the team also the comradeship which is visible
Pros
Social events
Cons
n/a
Productive and fun workplace
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Ovens, County Cork28 June 2017
Great place to work.

Good money.

Fair breaks.

Kept me afloat during 4 years of college.

Expected to work hard when work needs to be done, when it's been completed and you've done all you can do, you can take it easy.
Pros
Subsidised meals
Cons
12 hour shifts
Dell is still a solid company to work for.
KACE Global Training Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 June 2017
Dell (now Dell Technologies) remains for me a good solid company to work for.
If you're willing to put in the work then you can make a good career for yourself.
Senior Channel Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 June 2017
Loved my time in Dell
Great work life balance.
Fun Culture.
Great awards.
Enjoyed everything about this job.

Left because of 1 bad manager and HR were not helpful.
Definitely the best company in Ireland
Intern (Former Employee) –  Limerick11 June 2017
I loved coming to work everyday. Staff are so friendly. There are many onsite events and seminars to help staff advance in their chosen careers. Dell also works quite hard with various local charities and there are often ways for staff members to get involved.
Pros
Virtually everything - especially the ability to work from home if you need to
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K