Dell Employee Reviews

DELL was a good place to work
Line Operator/ stocking the line (Former Employee) –  Raheen, County Limerick27 July 2017
Dell was a good place to work on a typical day I wold help stock the line and get trayes for the computers so they can be sent down the line I found out I was quit flexible I found the management quit good we would have one on ones with the manager once every quarter the hardest part of the jobs if a person on holidays I might be sent to their line to help out and parts would be on in different area of the line.
Good place to work with minimal advancement for contractors.
Hardware Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Cork24 July 2017
Great workplace and a canteen that while isn't always the best, is always enough to get through the day and for a good price subsidized by DELL.

Typical day on the test floor is completely different depending on area. My area was relatively relaxed most of the quarter and ramps up the closer it gets to EOQ. Workload is manageable and split among you and your teammates who are all entirely happy to help with anything should you require it.

Management are all close by and do their best to work with you on all occasions. Worked very well and respect was shown both ways by all members.

Hardest part of the job is learning all the different errors that can pop up during the test sequence and handling the errors you don't recognize by applying what you learned from the other errors.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the comradery between teammates and how easy it is to talk to anyone on the factory floor.
Pros
Staff are wonderful people, Subsidized canteen, Good hours, Fair pay
Cons
No real opportunities for contractors to advance
Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  Limerick13 July 2017
was in the manufacturing side of things so worked the 12 hour shifts monday to thursday. mad hours but had long weekends which was nice. management sucked big-time
Great comradeship
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Ovens, County Cork6 July 2017
The Staff are great to work with very friendly and will help you to adapt quickly into the work environment

Management are there to help in any way they can to help resolve issues that may arise also have very good leadership qualities

The speed required varies quite a lot and can become over whelming if not able to keep pace

The variation of work available and ethics behind the team also the comradeship which is visible
Pros
Social events
Cons
n/a
Productive and fun workplace
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Ovens, County Cork28 June 2017
Great place to work.

Good money.

Fair breaks.

Kept me afloat during 4 years of college.

Expected to work hard when work needs to be done, when it's been completed and you've done all you can do, you can take it easy.
Pros
Subsidised meals
Cons
12 hour shifts
Dell is still a solid company to work for.
KACE Global Training Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 June 2017
Dell (now Dell Technologies) remains for me a good solid company to work for.
If you're willing to put in the work then you can make a good career for yourself.
Senior Channel Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 June 2017
Loved my time in Dell
Great work life balance.
Fun Culture.
Great awards.
Enjoyed everything about this job.

Left because of 1 bad manager and HR were not helpful.
Definitely the best company in Ireland
Intern (Former Employee) –  Limerick11 June 2017
I loved coming to work everyday. Staff are so friendly. There are many onsite events and seminars to help staff advance in their chosen careers. Dell also works quite hard with various local charities and there are often ways for staff members to get involved.
Pros
Virtually everything - especially the ability to work from home if you need to
Attrocious
Tech Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ireland4 June 2017
I have been working for DELL, for a good number of years. I no longer work there and am more than glad I got out.

Management is a clique. If one doesn't like you, you'd better get out. Once this happens, you can forget about advancement, rewards, awards and/or pay-rises. There are ways to prevent those, like PIP (Personal Improvement Plans). One of the managers is quite affectionately called 'the PIP-Queen'. Management can be quite cold. One of my colleagues had a bereavement, but had to stay on the phone, because statistics are apparently more important than being compassionate.

The atmosphere on most desks is fairly tense at the moment and in my opinion, doesn't represent a 'Best Place to Work' accolade at all. There are many rumours about redundancies and the signs are there (like minimal investment in people and (office) hardware).

Direct colleagues are fine though and I have never had issues on that front. The same with customers. The one thing I really had to get used to, coming from a consumer desk, was how happy customers are with DELL products.

If it wasn't for management, I would have happily kept working there.
Pros
At the moment, there is not a lot, apart from direct colleagues
Cons
Everything else
Hard-working but fun environment.
Assistant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Limerick18 May 2017
Dell is dedicated to production, advancement and the evolution of industry, but it also strives to ensure a fun and comfortable workplace environment.
Pros
Good food, comfortable workplace, fun atmosphere, friendly staff, good management.
Enjoyable experience
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Cork14 May 2017
I enjoyed my time working with DELL. I was treated fairly and there was a nice bunch working there. All positive from my point of view. I worked 3 days on at a time. 12 hour shifts.
Productive fulfilling sales role
CHANNEL ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 May 2017
I work as a channel account manager looking after some of the biggest IT resellers in the UK with net annual spend of 19 million dollars.
A typical day would be to manage a multi-million dollar pipeline, work with internal teams such as marketing, HR, senior executives, customer care and technical sales reps to provide end users with complete end to end IT solutions from the initial specification right through to the final delivery
The workplace culture is very diverse and team orientated. There is huge emphasis placed on teamwork and the main core of Dell's culture is we are driven by what we hear from our custmers
Cons
Strong and exciting company focussed on commercial and operational improvements at all times
Director (Global Customer Quality Operations) (Former Employee) –  Limerick, Ireland3 May 2017
Strong evolving company with a lot of experience in process improvement and business process standardization which continues to evolve with a strong emphasis on enriching the lives of all of its stakeholders {internal and external}. Great learning culture for emerging leaders and for those starting out on their career path.
Pros
Great opportunties
Cons
Continuously evolving and changing requiring significant personal stamina
Demanding and fast paced environment but rewarding
Senior Product Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 April 2017
It is privilege to work for Dell. Much opportunities and development possibilities. The work is fast paced and quite a total control of all aspects of work is basic requirement.
Pros
Big corporation, good experience, great customer base
Cons
very demanding pace of work
Stimulating Work Environment
Senior Product Owner (Current Employee) –  Limerick29 March 2017
Dell has just been voted the best place to work in Ireland and justifiably so. There are many possibilities to grow and deliver value in the many different areas within such a large company. I would encourage any graduates across the disciplines to see what Dell may have to offer.
Pros
Learning culture, flexible working, open door culture
Cons
Internal processes can be a challenge
My first work experience in Irealand
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ovens, County Cork23 March 2017
First contact with Irish job culture. It was a work under very high time pressure, where I was responsible for reaching a target with my small group of co-workers. I learned how to adopt to constant changes of the daily schedule, performing excellent quality control of high-value products etc. Work in a factory is not very exciting, but it was a very good experience in my first years in Ireland.
Pros
general atmosphere
fun workplace
Work Placement (Former Employee) –  Cork16 March 2017
The people in the sales department were outgoing and made a very fun atmosphere. They made it look exciting to work here. The dress code was casual - Jeans/shirt (comfortable).
Pros
Comfortable uniform
Cons
free lunches
Ovens
Production Operator (Temporary Contract) (Former Employee) –  Ovens, County Cork6 March 2017
Hard to write review as only worked in last quarters
Followed strict guide lines in Clarion Section finishing goods to the highest quality
Seeing finished product was highlight as it was some serious piece of equipment
Pros
learned new methods
Cons
Productive and flexible work place
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Dublin16 February 2017
In my Opinion Dell is a great place to work.
The reason i would consider changing roles is because i want to get into a field sales role.
At the moment this position is not available in Dell.
Pros
Very flexible work/life balance
Cons
Money
Enjoyable and rewarding place to work
EMEA Customer Care Operations (Former Employee) –  Dublin South, County Dublin15 February 2017
High energy and fun place to work. Fast paced innovation. Good location. Plenty of progression opportunities. Transparent business practices. Strong ethical people management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval