Dell Employee Reviews

Shipping department
SHIPPING OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Limerick30 October 2017
A hard job as I was retrieving certain computers from stock for delivery all over Europe. Was difficult as some computers were often stored in wrong area which made the job a lot harder as a certain amount of computers was expected to be delivered each day.
Good Place to Work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Limerick11 October 2017
Dell wants to make sure it get the product to its customer working and within an a certain tie frame. It values its customers and staff wages are fair and they got a good package ie Health Care Sports Social and Pension.
You wish to advance your education dell not stand in your way they sponsor your education.
Pros
As above
Cons
Depends on Supervisor you can progress or not
decent workplace
general operative (Former Employee) –  CORK1 October 2017
decent workplace with many different opportunities.
Didnt work there for long, but i've noticed it's well managed and has well developed procedures for every task.
Fun workplace:
Corporate and Operational Accountant (Former Employee) –  Cork27 September 2017
Brilliant work life balance.
Co-workers all very friendly and welcoming.
Great benefits.
Fantastic opportunities to expand your skills.
The resources that are given are brilliant.
I loved the charity give back days they really made you feel like you were making a difference.
Pros
EMC University courses were free
Cons
Long unpaid hours when it came to month end
productive and flexible
Enterprise Pre sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 September 2017
Dell without doubt provide very flexible working environment to its employees. I have spent almost 12 years in dell and it has both tough and fun days throughout my career in Dell. I have learned a lot during my career at Dell which has helped in progressing from Inside sales role to enterprise consultant. Dell not only provided work life balance but also accommodated different cultures.

I always enjoyed dealing with customers to resolve their issues during all projects. I also enjoyed mu time during mentoring new colleagues. End of quarter period is always hardest part of the job while reviewing numbers.

I always enjoyed and learned a lot from my management as they were always willing to listen and help in all kind of issues.
Great Place to work
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 September 2017
Great place to work, fantastic facilities and benefits for staff ..
hard to move up through the company..it can be more based on who you know rather than what you know.. overall a good place to work.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
High Targets
Good Place to Work
Software Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cork6 September 2017
Good Place to Work, although i cannot give a good or bad review because I only worked with Dell EMC for four months after the takeover of EMC. When I started working there, it was just called EMC and Dell weren't in the picture.
Good working conditions
Senior Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Limerick11 August 2017
Good working conditions,
Good pay, great working atmosphere, good sports and social club and great benefits for employees e,g., health insurance and such.
DELL was a good place to work
Line Operator/ stocking the line (Former Employee) –  Raheen, County Limerick27 July 2017
Dell was a good place to work on a typical day I wold help stock the line and get trayes for the computers so they can be sent down the line I found out I was quit flexible I found the management quit good we would have one on ones with the manager once every quarter the hardest part of the jobs if a person on holidays I might be sent to their line to help out and parts would be on in different area of the line.
Good place to work with minimal advancement for contractors.
Hardware Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Cork24 July 2017
Great workplace and a canteen that while isn't always the best, is always enough to get through the day and for a good price subsidized by DELL.

Typical day on the test floor is completely different depending on area. My area was relatively relaxed most of the quarter and ramps up the closer it gets to EOQ. Workload is manageable and split among you and your teammates who are all entirely happy to help with anything should you require it.

Management are all close by and do their best to work with you on all occasions. Worked very well and respect was shown both ways by all members.

Hardest part of the job is learning all the different errors that can pop up during the test sequence and handling the errors you don't recognize by applying what you learned from the other errors.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the comradery between teammates and how easy it is to talk to anyone on the factory floor.
Pros
Staff are wonderful people, Subsidized canteen, Good hours, Fair pay
Cons
No real opportunities for contractors to advance
Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  Limerick13 July 2017
was in the manufacturing side of things so worked the 12 hour shifts monday to thursday. mad hours but had long weekends which was nice. management sucked big-time
Great comradeship
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Ovens, County Cork6 July 2017
The Staff are great to work with very friendly and will help you to adapt quickly into the work environment

Management are there to help in any way they can to help resolve issues that may arise also have very good leadership qualities

The speed required varies quite a lot and can become over whelming if not able to keep pace

The variation of work available and ethics behind the team also the comradeship which is visible
Pros
Social events
Cons
n/a
Productive and fun workplace
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Ovens, County Cork28 June 2017
Great place to work.

Good money.

Fair breaks.

Kept me afloat during 4 years of college.

Expected to work hard when work needs to be done, when it's been completed and you've done all you can do, you can take it easy.
Pros
Subsidised meals
Cons
12 hour shifts
Dell is still a solid company to work for.
KACE Global Training Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 June 2017
Dell (now Dell Technologies) remains for me a good solid company to work for.
If you're willing to put in the work then you can make a good career for yourself.
Senior Channel Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 June 2017
Loved my time in Dell
Great work life balance.
Fun Culture.
Great awards.
Enjoyed everything about this job.

Left because of 1 bad manager and HR were not helpful.
Definitely the best company in Ireland
Intern (Former Employee) –  Limerick11 June 2017
I loved coming to work everyday. Staff are so friendly. There are many onsite events and seminars to help staff advance in their chosen careers. Dell also works quite hard with various local charities and there are often ways for staff members to get involved.
Pros
Virtually everything - especially the ability to work from home if you need to
Attrocious
Tech Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ireland4 June 2017
I have been working for DELL, for a good number of years. I no longer work there and am more than glad I got out.

Management is a clique. If one doesn't like you, you'd better get out. Once this happens, you can forget about advancement, rewards, awards and/or pay-rises. There are ways to prevent those, like PIP (Personal Improvement Plans). One of the managers is quite affectionately called 'the PIP-Queen'. Management can be quite cold. One of my colleagues had a bereavement, but had to stay on the phone, because statistics are apparently more important than being compassionate.

The atmosphere on most desks is fairly tense at the moment and in my opinion, doesn't represent a 'Best Place to Work' accolade at all. There are many rumours about redundancies and the signs are there (like minimal investment in people and (office) hardware).

Direct colleagues are fine though and I have never had issues on that front. The same with customers. The one thing I really had to get used to, coming from a consumer desk, was how happy customers are with DELL products.

If it wasn't for management, I would have happily kept working there.
Pros
At the moment, there is not a lot, apart from direct colleagues
Cons
Everything else
Hard-working but fun environment.
Assistant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Limerick18 May 2017
Dell is dedicated to production, advancement and the evolution of industry, but it also strives to ensure a fun and comfortable workplace environment.
Pros
Good food, comfortable workplace, fun atmosphere, friendly staff, good management.
Enjoyable experience
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Cork14 May 2017
I enjoyed my time working with DELL. I was treated fairly and there was a nice bunch working there. All positive from my point of view. I worked 3 days on at a time. 12 hour shifts.
Productive fulfilling sales role
CHANNEL ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 May 2017
I work as a channel account manager looking after some of the biggest IT resellers in the UK with net annual spend of 19 million dollars.
A typical day would be to manage a multi-million dollar pipeline, work with internal teams such as marketing, HR, senior executives, customer care and technical sales reps to provide end users with complete end to end IT solutions from the initial specification right through to the final delivery
The workplace culture is very diverse and team orientated. There is huge emphasis placed on teamwork and the main core of Dell's culture is we are driven by what we hear from our custmers
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell. Our community is ready to answer.