Dixons Carphone Employee Reviews

General Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin30 September 2017
It's a good company to work for. Fast paced environment. Demand a lot from it's employees. Great customer focus. Hard work is rewarded. Top Management seem to be under a lot of pressure and the pressure is felt down the line.
Stay clear
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ireland10 August 2017
Steer clear of knowhow altogether.

No advancement opportunity what so ever.
Overtime constantly forced upon you. (I mean 12-13 hour days 5 days a week?)
Overtime structure is less than poor.
Equality issues across the board.
Extremely poor management.
A fridge is more important than the safety of their employees.
Lunch breaks are rarer than a unicorn.
Pay is far less than fair for the job.
Pros
The work mates are vastly sound. You do have the laugh at times
Cons
Ridiculously long hours, never see family, you're only a number
Worst job ive had in my whole career
Manager (Current Employee) –  Munster7 July 2017
Spent 3 years working for cpw. Possibly the worst run company I have ever worked with. Shops are filthy, wages are rubbish, bonus structure is terrible, targets are not achievable to help hit bonus, no lunch breaks, no support from head office, they do not care about staff, regional manages are pigs and do not know what they are doing so it makes staff's life even harder. My recommendation is keep looking for another job. Stay away from cpw. You will be miserable everyday in the company
Pros
New friends
Cons
Poor pay facilities company structure. No breaks no job security
Horrible company
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louth5 July 2017
Power driven mad managers, who forced people who didn't bend to his every command out of a job by increasing there sales targets every week until it's impossible to hit them. Terrible support from head office and in general a workplace filled with drama, lots of pressure and very little reward. Would not recommend working for this company at all.

(Manager in question has now been fired for s***** harassment in the workplace)
High stress/ low appreciation environment
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 June 2017
Dixons Carphone was at one time a nice place to work. Now it's an uneasy, no recognition, soulless place to be. Where you feel entirely replaceable and treated like a lesser person. I consider myself to have a great work ethic. Always first in and last to leave. Always available for over time and to get stuck in when needed. Although I always tried to perform. The atmosphere made it a horrible place to be. Leaving that job has been the best decision I've made.
Pros
I made some great friends through the staff.
Cons
Shop manager/ Low pay/ unreachable targets/ No training
stress!!! stress!!! stress!!!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 June 2017
scam!! scam company!!! always pressure on sales staff for impossible targets,sic managers not trained properly always giving out to staff,treat you like s***,staffs fainting on the floor because of bad store manager ,very old software system ,takes ages to learn and still keep on learning , kick you out of the job anytime with out warning.
Pros
free water to drink
Cons
no lunch breaks, no respect
Avoid
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sligo13 June 2017
Oh god were do i start oh lets see avoid this job completly.
Unrealistic targets and attachments. No chance of pay increase even bonuses.
No training at all provided they will expect so much out of you and no rewards ever.
Ive worked for pc world i left simply beacuse it isnt a great place to work i will tel you know you can do way better.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Pay, Expections, Work Load, Part time means they can call you when they feel like avoid it now
Its a job
Customer Service Manager, Computer technician (Current Employee) –  Dublin10 May 2017
Being thrown into a managment position without a pay increase is demeaning, rasing task levels and issues to a whole new level, staff are fantastic.....
Productive and Fun workplace
Carphone warehouse Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 May 2017
Work was excellent. encellent working conditions. good pay. good relationship with manager and other staff. Great communication, team building, skill-improving and excellent motivation my manager.
Forklift Driver and stock control warehouses (Former Employee) –  Erith Kent uk31 March 2017
Loved working at dixsons great people and were very caring to employees needs.learned new skills and skills were constantly updated through in house and external courses
Pros
Driving around southeast england
Cons
Heavy lifting
Fun workplace
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Dublin16 March 2017
Within Dixons, there is a lot to learn.
I have achieved my way of handling different customers.
My knowledge in technology has broadened and this has made me keen on learning to programme with computer languages.
This company is gone to the dogs
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tullamore, County Offaly17 January 2017
Wouldnt recommend it at all ,high staff turn over , to many mistakes ,staff are treated like dirt ,this company has gotten an awful reputation and for good reason if you do your reasearch
Nightmare
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ireland12 January 2017
Inadequate training provided, even manager told me it was Inadequate although later backtracked on this. Impossible targets given with barely any training couldn't reach these targets. Expected to sell all these phones and prices and plans on system I knew nothing about. Asked for help from managers received none. received a complaint from customer was told I would be under watch. following day was let go due to this complaint and not reaching targets. Poor staff facilities. Often left sitting on step ladder eating lunch and sitting with old phones in order to use toilet which was never cleaned. Never knew when lunch was. Guess work half the time
Absolute diabolical unprofessional company to work for. Mess of a system.
Would not recommend
Pros
Cons
Small commission on sales
Give carphone a miss...
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ireland13 October 2016
Work here a couple of years now so hard to get any sort of promotion basically lucky if you get one. Money is v poor for the job you have to do. Mangers and head office don't care about you you are just a number to them. I would never recommend working for this company . They set you targets that are unachievable so they don't have to pay you bonus. Very poor training given to staff so they find it hard to sell. Overall I would give this company a miss or work here for a year for experience to get a job with a network store where they actually pay well and train you up properly!
Pros
Great work colleagues
Cons
V poor training given to staff . No support
Interesting place for findimg out your management style
Branch Manager/ Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  County Meath27 September 2016
Good people. Plenty of advancement opportunity . Great open culture for developing your management skills.

Fill content fill content fill content Fill content .
Pros
Plenty of advancement opportunities
Cons
Poor organization of supply chain etc. Needs some tlc .
They don't appreciate their staff
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 July 2016
Worked here for nearly 10 years. After ten years, I was still on the same money as a new employee walking in the door. They set unrealistic targets so that you'd never reach hitting bonus. I could go on, but I think that's enough said.
Not a great place to work since the take over
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meath louth dublin11 July 2016
I worked in many stores and the career advancement is terrible they hire managers from outside the the company with very few internal promotions or advancement. The stores are given very little hours to dish out so id tour on an 8 hour contract which most people are things can get tough. Managers arent very empathic dont trust there staff and can make life difficult. I used to dread going into work. No team bonding. No christmas parties. Minimum wage for a very skilled job espically when your personally take so much risks doing contracts and if you make a mistake the company dont stand behind you. There is little help and TERRIBLE training provided. I did 1 day training quite a few months after i started.
Pros
Meeting lots of new customers
Cons
Atmosphere, pressure, hard achieve any rewards, 8 hour contracts, promotion likelihood
amazing place to work, best in europe
Retail Manager - Sales and Business Development (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D10 November 2014
Target of 15.4 million euros for 2013 Quarter 1 was challenging; 40% higher than 2012, in off season. Average footfalls are the lowest and no marketing activities or exclusive offers. I lead my team of 8,focusing on higher number of sales conversions among footfalls, bundle offers (two products together at lesser price) making sure that the same customers buy more. Used tablet to show product and pricing comparisons reducing the time taken by customer for decision making. We fell short of the target by 2,00,000 euros, but achieving 15.2 million euros in an off season is a record.
Pros
free travel and phone
my review
Customer Service Dixons Merchandiser Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D13 October 2014
Assisting the Warehouse Manager with deliveries.
Replenishing all departments including Computers, Cameras, Televisions.Inputting and checking stock on computer using word, excel, access, merchandising the store.
Ensuring Customer Service was up to the very highest standards, help security when required.Training new staff.
I learnt how to deal with difficult Customers and you have to be level headed and diplomatic and have excellent customer and communication skills.

I always got on with my co-workers I had an excellent relationship with Management and co workers-being a hard worker team player you completed your tasks to the requirements that was asked of you I always got great compliments on my work which was a high level.

Hardest part of job keeping customers-management happy-getting your free time-But the management and co workers were excellent.

The most enjoyably part of the job the craic wit co workers laughs of the customers to see customers prising myself to management.
Pros
getting good compliments
Cons
hard to get breaks