Dr Martens Employee Reviews

Great Workplace
Temporary Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, UK5 May 2017
Dr Martens was a fantastic retail company to work for. Friendly staff and managers ensured a great working environment which allowed productive and rewarding work.
Fun working enviroment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 February 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working with my colleagues and even after 5 months of being employed I have always remained enthusiastic about my job. I got to interact with new people on a daily basis and this has always kept me motivated. The hardest part would be working most weekends and the hours in retail are lengthy. Other than that I was honoured to be able to represent such a well known brand and the perks was that we got to wear some of the merchandise to promote the Store. Working under my manager was challenging but has taught me many lessons that has built my foundation in any corporation or company that I may move on to. I have learnt many principles especially patience and humility working in retail. I now walk away with much more discipline than I started off with but most importantly I learnt the importance of team work.
Pros
wearing the brand
Cons
Working long hours and weekends
Enjoyable, friendly, great team.
Full Time Keyholder/Visual merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, ENG5 October 2015
Working for Dr Martens company is great. Head office are so friendly and so are other stores. You really do feel apart of one massive family. The benefits working with them are great and very generous. There is always something going on, whether they have gigs in store or a stall at a festival, there are many opportune moments to grow.
Fun and interesting place to work
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich21 June 2015
Supportive team at head office with a family feel. Great benefits for staff including a hand made custom pair after one year of service.
Avis chez Dr Martens
Conseillère de vente (Former Employee) –  Paris26 January 2015
Mon passage a été court vu que c'était une mission intérim, mais j'ai beaucoup aimé l'ambiance. Bonne équipe.
High energy with friendly staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh29 April 2014
This was my first job, and the customer service training was very useful. The store was centred around teamwork, both for serving customers and keeping the floor and stockroom organised and tidy.
Fantastic transitory occupation
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG22 April 2014
While searching for a desirable career path, my relocation to Liverpool led to to work for Dr Martens, a hugely reputable brand that treat their staff with huge respect. I have learned the values of both customer relationships and the need for pragmatism due to the diversity of the clientele I encounter on a daily basis.

The hardest part of the job is, unfortunately, the lack of hours. This makes it extremely difficult to continue in a position that is becoming less and less financially viable as the months roll on. I also feel that retail, whilst having helped me learn a huge amount about the working environment, does not allow me to project my greatest talents - my creativity, innovation and willingness to progress - to their full potential.
Pros
Fantastic work ethic - company care hugely about the staff's satisfaction and well-being.
Cons
Not enough hours; no desire to continue in retail as a long term career