Dublin City University Employee Reviews

Relevant and applicable work experience
Digital Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 August 2017
Working as a digital marketing specialist for 6 months in DCU allowed for great learning, through hands on experience and fantastic mentoring from senior staff.
Friendly and exciting workplace
Researcher (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Dublin16 July 2017
Working at DCU is exciting overall, my typical day involves hands on laboratory work, email writing, report writing and teaching.
I've learned about different areas of my field and have faced difficult but rewarding projects.
Management is great, you're allowed to work independently with your own ideas. The life to work balance is very good.
The hardest part of the work is lack of training and lack of opportunities for career progression. The people and variety of challenging work are joint top contenders for job satisfaction.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers
Cons
Lack of career progression
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 May 2017
Learned a lot about customer service and how to deal with customers. Understand how find a problem and solve it. Enjoyed fixing problems with a computer and a long lunch break.
Part-time lecturer
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 May 2017
I lectured on Human Resource Management to 2nd year Business Studies evening students. The main topics covered were Recruitment and Selection, Management Training and Development, Performance Appraisal and the Irish Industrial Relations System.
family friends working environment.
Duties in the absence of a Director (Current Employee) –  Glasnevin Campus15 March 2017
A great place to work as a woman. Equality is very positive and is clearly represented throughout the campus. Young and innovate place to work. I love the variety of the role I have and the responsibility that comes with it. Working with a large multi talented team and learning, on your feet, new and exciting aspects of a University working life.
Pros
Great people and facilities
Cons
Restricted to senior roles if you don't have a degree
Wonderful experience
Associate Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 February 2017
With only three days' notice I found myself standing in front of 48 First Year Journalism students. It was both terrifying and thrilling. I loved it. Enormous sense of satisfaction when the students showed interest and progress.
Mois à dublin city university
Etudiante (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 February 2017
Bien, ce fût un mois d'étude intéressant dans le cadre de mes études. Les journées étaient rythmées par des cours en anglais. De plus nous travaillons avec des professeurs irlandais.
Ok
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Dublin16 January 2017
OK, good potential for career development but support from management is lacking particularly when not delivering core programmes on site. Quite bureaucratic at times which can be frustrating.
Productive workplace with good campus atmosphere and facilities
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 November 2016
The School of Chemical Sciences is a productive workplace and fun worpkplace. There is very good analytical/lab facilities.
Great University
Postgraduate Research (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland10 January 2016
This is a well kept University. The staff are nice and the Lecturers passionate and friendly.

I got plenty of help throughout my postgraduate research and they were very helpful when I had questions.

The Lectures are enjoyable and educational and I learned a lot from my time there.
Pros
Lectures, assistance
MEng thesis
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D5 October 2014
Challenging MEng thesis experience in university with high quality standards.
Personally Fulfilling
Marketing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D15 September 2014
I had a wonderful time tutoring undergraduate business studies student the module of 'Introduction to Marketing'. This role kept me up to date and refreshed on the theories of marketing. Dublin City University Business School is welcoming and my point of contact was extremely helpful and approachable.
Productive and fun place to work,
School Secretary (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D1111 July 2014
Good procedures and work ethic, answering school phone calls and passing on relevant calls to academics or different schools within campus, answering emails and replying to queries, doing post, couriers, booking meeting rooms, hotels, flights, stationery ordering. Co-workers are very helpful and we all work as a team when needed.
Pros
Discount on lunches
Productive and focused
Post-Doctoral Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Dublin12 July 2012
A typical working day is predominantly based within the research lab running experiements or within the office space analysing past data. I have learned a number of interesting and useful scientific analysis techniques as well as presentation and team working skills. Relationship between managment and staff is excellent, with the focus being on results rather than on hours of attendance in work etc. Co-workers are friendly and motivated. The hardest part of the job is the lack of long term job security with only short term contracts being available. The most enjoyable part of work is the interaction with co-workers and addressing scientific problems which are direct technilogical relevance.
Pros
management and co-workers
Cons
lack of long term job security