Gap Employee Reviews

a good first job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA18 February 2018
advanced from a sales associate to an assistant manager. i loved the culture that my store was built around but culture is built around management and attitude and the people you hire Since new management its been going down hill.
Pros
culture
Cons
very difficult to advance/find growth
Social Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TX16 February 2018
The most enjoyable part of this job was the people I met and the relationships I made with my managers. They were very friendly and treated their employees as peers which made for a very comfortable work environment.
Pros
Adjustable schedule
Cons
Short breaks
Very stressful job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TX16 February 2018
Love the company. Great clothing. Work life balance wasn’t very good. Great benefits. Love the company. Tough year in retail and to much turnover throughout the company made it stressful for all.
Pros
PTO discount insurance
Cons
Stressful lack of family time
Cool place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CA14 February 2018
Everybody is so nice. The work environment varies on the traffic of customers per day. During holidays it's non stop running around with projects or customer service.
Enjoyable work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KS14 February 2018
I typical would come in before the store was open. I would do cleaning tasks ,such as, sweep the floors, dust shelves, and clean mirrors. Then the during the hours of operations I would greet customers, help customers with shopping, answer telephone calls, and fold and replenish merchandise.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI14 February 2018
Lots of fun meeting new people and shopping with them. Great management. Always a lot of energy and new things happening. The most enjoyable part of the job, is getting shipment. Putting new product out is the best part. Great company that is always moving forward.
Not much room to go up
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC11 February 2018
Working here is fun at times, but they dont give people fulltime hours unless they are promoted to a manager position. This leaves people in a situation where they might have to get a second job or find another full time job.
Great place to learn new things
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CA9 February 2018
It was an awesome place to work at due to great co-workers. Fun to work at a place that has a little something for the whole family. Unfortunately customers at my location were little too rude sometimes but we all treated them with a smile o our face to help them be happy by the time they left. Apart from that, i enjoyed my stay at Gap and would love to work there again someday, benefits/monthly incentives are great and was flexible to my busy schedule.
Pros
bonuses for managers, benefits, employee discounts
Good team enviroment
Senior Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon9 February 2018
Highly customer focused company so you need a passion for customer service in order to succeed. Great team environment. Good benefits.You need to purchase your own uniform but if you enjoy Gap clothing then that shouldn't be an issue.
Pros
great manangement
Great seasonal job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MA8 February 2018
I worked there as a seasonal employee during Christmas season. It was a little difficult for me to adhere to the dress code, of wearing Gap or Gap similar clothing. That was mainly due to the lack of plus size clothing(they are better now) We received discounts for Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy. There was no wait time before using the discount. We all had a undesignated, designated area in the parking garage, so all employees who closed the store could exit together, and never walk alone to their vehicles.
Pros
discount at multiple stores
Cons
dress code was not made for plus size women
It is a chill place to work
sales/cashier/operations/visual specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA6 February 2018
The general manager compared to my other two retail jobs was a little sub par, but the job isn't very difficult and there is always something to do to occupy you time- whether its refolding clothing or putting go backs up.
Pros
laid back
Cons
short shifts, not many hours
I enjoyed working here, good environment and good people
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE6 February 2018
Please be ready to help people that is what you are here for!
I really liked my job, the clothes are great and most of the customers are great too. Down side is selling of the Gap card and only because its a credit card. The rewards for it are good but I just dont personally care for the credit cards in general. Good work place.
Fun and great place to work
SALES ASSSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX3 February 2018
It helped me come out of my shell and it always had an uplifting atmosphere,It taught me how to find the perfect work outfit for myself and others.I would recommend this job to everyone,
stressful job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CA3 February 2018
i have been working there since september and i’m only working 1 day a week, i have asked so many times to get scheduled more and they ignore it. i believe one of the managers has it out for me, just hates me and thinks very low of me, doesn’t give me a chance to show what i can do.
Pros
great clothes, great discounts
Cons
management
Productive and fun workplace
SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  HONG KONG, HK3 February 2018
I have been working in Gap for three months. This shop is located in a well-known tourist district and a well-known shopping mall. There are lots of tourists all over the world visit the shop. The workplace is a fun and productive. However, the shop is always ridiculously busy during every weekend and often work under pressure.
Pros
Fun and productive workplace
Cons
No lunch break even work for a 6 hours shift, Low salary compared to other shops and there are lots of unreasonable annoying policies
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London2 February 2018
A very productive place of work. The colleagues are nice and the management is very understanding towards both professional and personal issues. Overall a great place of work especially for young people looking for part-time work.
My day was alright but it isnt the shop i would like to work in
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Street1 February 2018
I liked my time there while I was on work experience,
the most thing i enjoyed was mostly putting the clothes on the shelf and organizing the products on where it should be.
Pros
good organising
Cons
rude staff
員工福利非常好
Senior Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kwun Tong1 February 2018
山頭主義 ,不埋堆等於完了!
表面注重員工工作表現,實在要看你能否討上司歡心.
工作有問題時,上司不幫忙解决,只會再向上頭打小報告.
Pros
員工福利非常好
Cons
山頭主義
Great job for high schoolers/college students/PT adults
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MS31 January 2018
I had a terrible manager at first but at our newest location, the management staff is 100x better. The scheduling is very lenient so you have a nice work/life balance (esp if you are a student) Pay is very decent imo for retail. Discount is great too on top of sales!
Pros
Pay is decent for retail, great for a second job, Sales
Cons
No benefits unless you are management, hard to move up
Great Place to Work
Brand Rep (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON31 January 2018
Great People to work with. Hard work is everything here. If you put in work, you will see your rewards. Very organized and strong management team. Love working here.
Pros
Free Snacks & Lunches Sometimes
Cons
Understaffed At times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap. Our community is ready to answer.