Gap Employee Reviews

Σύμβουλος Πβλήσεων
Σύμβουλος Πωλήσεων (Former Employee) –  Ηράκλειο20 November 2017
Υπεύθυνος του αντρικού ορόφου κατά την βάρδια μου. Έμαθα να συμπεριφέρομαι επαγγελματικά απέναντι σε συναδέλφους οι οποίοι δεν είναι.
company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO15 November 2017
Good company to work for as a HS student. I likes the clothes and the company for what I knew at age 16-18. working retail definitely taught be good skills for later in life:)
Pros
good clothes
Cons
minimum wage and poor hours
Quick pace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NY15 November 2017
Very quick pace environment. The management needs a lot of work, very personal and unprofessional. The hardest part of the job is working a floor by yourself. The best part is helping customers with recommendations of what to buy.
Pros
Easy Travel, and co-workers
Cons
Unorganized, Management
fun place to work
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OH15 November 2017
i love my job, its a nice enviorment. great people to work with and in a nice location. i would definitely refer this job to a friend. i love it so much
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY14 November 2017
everyone was nice, everyone did their part. made us feel like family. hardest part of the job was putting the close away because sometimes became to much
Great work environment!
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA10 November 2017
I love working at Gap, they have amazing deals and amazing clothing for all women, men, kids and babies. The only thing I don’t like about it is that I’m barely getting any hours in.
Pros
50% of regular price.
Good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden, Greater London9 November 2017
The employees were lovely and friendly and the pay was decent, it was always quite busy especially around christmas time. Overall I enjoyed it but I would have liked to work less days but more hours
Pros
discount
Cons
too many days with short hours
Environnement de travail agréable
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Paris (75)8 November 2017
Les directrices ont du caráter positif. On apprend beaucoup avec eux.
Pros
Ticket repas
Cons
Horaires décalés
Fun and friendly place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO8 November 2017
A typical day is getting there working on fitting room go backs and ringing customers, we always focus on credit cards, i learned to deal with certain high maintenance customers and how to talk to customers about credit cards, i also learned patience with customers, coworkers and managers. My coworkers were always relaxed and fun to talk to. The culture was so laid back and fun and the hardest part of the job was sometimes the amount of work that had to be done but the most enjoyable was the coworkers and the culture gap had.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Not being able to grow in the company
Nice place to work, great management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WA4 November 2017
Loved my time here, I learned a lot about merchandising and sales, as well as how to relate to the customer in order to make sales. The only thing I didn't like about this location (I transferred from another store that I liked much better) was that some of the other associates don't put forth much effort or passion into their work, which really I felt hurt the whole team's moral.
Pros
Good management, 15 minute breaks
Cons
Bad hours, very slow usually
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY4 November 2017
A decent job for a working college student. Management could be better and more benefits should be provided to part time employees. Overall working in stores wasn't a bad experience decent enough for a college student.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not a steady work schedule
Productive workplace
Cashier, Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Tumon, GU3 November 2017
GAP is a family oriented work environment. Day to day basis consists of folding & organizing shelves. Replenishing as much items on your downtime. Sizing and colour coordinating is a must. As a sales associate I've learned many; from greeting customers to smiling throughout the day. Assisting customers was my happy place, I find it very relaxing. I love the different diversities in people and getting to know their sense of style in clothing. My many day to day activities consists of answering the phone and money management at end of day shift. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting together as a team and doing team excersises. Learning of what more can be done in this field of job is a goal to many of us. I try my best in reaching a set goal everyday.
amazing
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TX2 November 2017
this place is nice for someone who is going to school, since they are very lenient with your schedule and also the pay is enough to get you by. co workers are cool
Hardest Part of the job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PA1 November 2017
Black Friday was the worst day of my life. The day to day operations are like any other retail store. You are just a glorified sales associate with the extra responsibility of taking care of the money and a certain department.
Pros
Good Discount
Cons
Short Break
Relaxed but fun work environment
Merchandise Lead (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SC30 October 2017
since I was a visual lead, a typical day for me at the Gap included shipment, restocking product, visual moves, keeping up with visual product, and recovering the store. But of course my number one priority was helping the customer. We were a pretty small store in the downtown area with not a lot of hours to give so we had minimal managers (including me). With that, I wore many hats.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap. Our community is ready to answer.