Grafton Recruitment Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
My hour rate was bigger than I had to receive.
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Walkinstown, County Dublin21 February 2017
Wage was good - as I'm 19, my wage had to be 6.49 euros per hour, but they paid 9.25 per hour. Huge plus for them for that.
BUT, management was just terrible, I had to contact with Revenue to get documents like P60, they didn't want to send them. And they included only this years tax (I didn't work there on that time already), so I count that document as fake. Lied about time when documents will be ready.
Pros
Paid more than I had to receive per hour, had all breaks, I started to work in next day after registering with them
Cons
Physically hard work for muscles, spine
Enjoyable roles I have done from them
TEMP (Current Employee) –  Walkinstown, County Dublin4 July 2016
I have enjoyed work with the staff there as I have found them very helpful and friendly.

I have worked for 3 different company's while with Grafton and I am currently back temping at one of the company's.
Job Title Completely Misleading
Lending Officer (Former Employee) –  Ulster Bank Galway27 May 2016
Applied for Lending Officer role based with Ulster Bank in Galway. Interviewed with Business Direct manager for same specified role as per job description. Discussed lending criteria as part of interview, debt to income and lending authority. Manager advised she would decide where I was placed within the "Lending Team". Day one I was placed in a Portfolio Officer role which was clearly a basic administration role and nothing to do with lending. More of a 'hamster on a wheel' exercise in paper processing. When queried the manager advised we did not discuss any particular role?? Other employees experienced the same that the job they applied for was not the job they were assigned with no recourse to query. More of a 'how dare you query' attitude. Upon exit interview my direct manager advised that the role of Portfilio Officer was more of an "administration role for school leavers or people with no banking experience" yet they placed someone with nearly 12 years 'lending' experience in this role, that was clearly not the role they applied for and wonder why they are leaving? Grafton Recruitment were not aware I was being placed in a different role until advised. When contacted, they too were completely mislead by the bank as to the role I would be doing. Contract not worth the paper it was written on. Complete lack of integrity on the banks part and no consideration for impact on the individual. Overall not a very good experience with Ulster Bank.
Pros
Cons
See review
General operative (Current Employee) –  Newbridge13 January 2015
Grafton is a recruitment agency so I do not actually work there. I work in a Penneys warehouse in Newbridge. I don't like working here because I started to work for Grafton over 3 months ago and I have only worked 9 days. The staff in Grafton are very nice and helpful however I still wish to find another job that is full time and where there is room for advancing.
Pros
Staff are helpful, very good canteen
Cons
No hours
I have thoroughly enjoyed working on various contracts I received through Grafton Recruitment.
Temporary Assignments November 2013 - July 2014 (Former Employee) –  Dublin 225 July 2014
I have gained so much additional experience over the past nine months working with different companies, I adapted very quickly to the use of so many systems and working in very different environments, meeting so many new people, working as a team and working on my own initiative.