Grant Thornton Employee Reviews

Supportive and encouraging work environment
Media & Entertainment Senior (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 April 2017
I worked as part of the Media & Entertainment team and can't praise them highly enough. Both the partner and director were fair to everyone ensuring all people had a work life balance.

Working to deadlines was required as part of the job but the team atmosphere made this a pleasant and supportive place to work.
productive workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dublin13 May 2016
Grant Thornton are a financial company, who specialise in liquidations etc. I am only with them a short time, and will be finishing with them soon.
Working at Grant Thornton was a wonderful experience. The people were outgoing and energetic and there was a sense of being part of a team.
Personal Assistant to four Tax Partners (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland26 January 2016
My experience at Grant Thornton was one of constant learning; having never worked in an accounting firm before and in particular the tax department, I learned very quickly about Irish tax and how it operates as well as my skills in excel were vastly improved due to working with spreadsheets so often. My fellow co workers were some of the friendliest people I've ever met and it was them that truly made coming into work everyday a joy.

The most difficult part of the job would have been dealing with upset clients due to tax implications however even working with individuals who were experiencing something terrible at the time, it still became a very important part of the job whereby I would endeavor to create an atmosphere of calm and lightness for the client.
Well run business
Full time IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Thornton, SCT17 November 2015
Always felt like a friendly yet commited enviroment with no oppressive stylistics or gloomy atmosphere. Everyone there seemed like they wanted to be there
Pros
Constantly busy, friendly people
Cons
Long hours I guess!
Completed Training Contract
Senior - Recovery and Restructuring (Current Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland18 May 2015
I started in Grant Thornton in January 2010 as an intern in one of the regional offices.

Through this internship, I was given a training contract in the Dublin office, where I completed my accountancy qualification (first time pass).

I specialised in Insolvency services, in particular property based assignments (Receiverships & Liquidations).
A great place to work
Bank Examiner (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D9 October 2014
Highly motivated management team and staff, fantastic reputation that is well deserved.