Groupon Employee Reviews

Very fun place to work!!
Real Time Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL11 February 2018
The best holiday parties ever with great celebrity guest for free!! Just needs better communication between upper management. Stop outsourcing with very little training.
Pros
Fun enviorment, laid back casual vibe!
Cons
Removed work @ home
Great first job
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NY7 February 2018
Lots of learning, great sales training and working with some great people. Able to learn Salesforce CRM, work with big brands and learn how to really sell. Great manager and always able to ask questions, very approachable!
ambiente di lavoro dinamico
Tirocinio Assistente amministrazione del personale (Former Employee) –  Milano, Lombardia2 February 2018
il personale gestito efficientemente dalla divisione HR
Being an outside sales person was hard.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL31 January 2018
You had limited support from managers. We had daily morning meetings which we just spoke about our daily goals. Also monthly meetings in office. Other then that we didn't see or speak to our mangers. Very isolated.
Pros
You get reimbursed for milage
Cons
unrealistic expectations
Unsatisfactory
OrderUp Driver (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WV30 January 2018
The company was not worker-oriented. The company I worked for owned by Groupon was sold with only 30 days notice. We were promised to be hired by the company merging with mine, but I and many of my coworkers' applications were never considered. This caused a lot of emotional and financial distress.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Management, guidance, support
Fun Place to Work, Shooting for the Moon
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL26 January 2018
Groupon has had some growing pains over the years, but the company seems pointed in the right direction. New 401K match for employees shows management is serious about maintaining employees for the long term.
Groupon Day
Pit operator/cycle counter/special projects team (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KY24 January 2018
I would be doing something different every day. I loved working at Groupon. I loved when I was a cycle counter. I went around and counted all the project. Also loved driver power industrial trucks.
En decadencia
Analista QA (Former Employee) –  Operaciones23 January 2018
Desde que la empresa fue comprada por inversores chilenos, cambio radicalmente. El miedo de ser despedido es constante, no hay desarrollo de talento ni oportunidades de crecimiento, se ve nepotismo de jefaturas, trabajadores que son favorecidos por los lazos de amistad con jefaturas, en desmedro de la meritocracia. Trabajé por años en la empresa y aprendí mucho, tuve buenas oportunidades, el ambiente laboral era casi perfecto, agradable, compañerismo; pero todo eso se fue cuando la empresa fue vendida. La cultura laboral estadounidense era el secreto, ahora opera el "chilean way". Siempre se ha trabajado bajo mucha presión y la improvisación es pan de cada día, pero los lideres que habían antes hacían llevadera la tarea. Ahora solo hay jefes, lejanos, indiferentes a los trabajadores, solo se codean con los de su "nivel", desprecio total por los que realmente hacen funcionar su empresa
Pros
Cierta flexibilidad para trabajar desde la casa
Cons
Desmotivacion, falta de crecimiento, malos jefes, improvisación, desgoranización
Fun to start but not much to offer in terms of career progression
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chennai, TN, India22 January 2018
Workplace is pretty modern and work culture is great. The nature of the job isn't too stressful, but working emails gets monotonous after a point of time. The pay I received was very good in comparison to what my classmates working in other companies received. Overall, it is a good first step into the corporate world but I wouldn't recommend staying for over 2 years.
Pros
great pay, chilled work, in-office recreation
Cons
low chances for career progression, work eventually gets monotonous, night shifts can be draining
Open and collaborative, ever changing work environment
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL22 January 2018
A typical day at Groupon you are there 9am-5pm although hours may vary depending on role. Each employee has a laptop so you are able to work from home if needed. Groupon is a very young culture, with an average age of employees in their mid 20s. Managers and executives tend to be a bit older in their 30s-40s. It is awesome to work for a company that is growing so quickly and on the forefront of technology trends. However, because Groupon grew so quickly from the start they change strategy quite often. The new CEO does seem to have a long term strategy for Groupon which is comforting. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to run your own business with very few limitations or people saying "no" to you. The hardest part of the job is getting vendors and suppliers to see Groupon as a retailer and not a discounter.
Its a job.
Trade AP Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL22 January 2018
Good luck getting promoted if your not best friends with your manager. They seem to think you need 5 years of experience before your ready for a management role.
A eviter
Partnership manager (Former Employee) –  1300022 January 2018
Groupon a voulu me virer le jour où je leur ai annonce ma grossesse..... super mentalité
Pros
Aucun
Cons
Liste trop longue
Great people, positive work culture, stressful hours
REGIONAL MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO19 January 2018
I enjoyed working for Groupon. Its a company with young, motivated individuals that support one another. Overall, my job was stressful due to the nature of my position and job responsibilities.
Fun at work
Trainer (Former Employee) –  DLF IT park, Chennai18 January 2018
Groupon is a fun place to work. We get our work done on time and also enjoy doing that. I've learned how to shape oneself to the customer needs and feel what they feel.
No dress codes in Groupon as we can even wear shorts and sleeveless and come to office.
The most enjoyable part is they will not allow us to work after 9 hours of our work time.
Pros
Bean bags and Laptop
Wonderful place to work
HR Business Partner, Sales (Former Employee) –  São Paulo17 January 2018
I strongly recommend Groupon for work. The Job invairoment is always full of challenge and also the work clima always very good and peaceful. I recommend!
Pros
Free beer at Friday
Cons
change constantly
Silo
Senior Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL14 January 2018
Repetitive daily tasks. Constantly encountering the same issues and concerns as if it were Ground Hog's day. Data is challenging to work with. Not a friendly environment.
Pros
time off
Cons
not a supportive team environment
workday
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KY12 January 2018
morning meeting with team every work day to go pervious days number and accuracy %, highest counter,..provide team with vendor bucks to buy this from the vending machine for top counter and outstanding inventory finds.
work with all department to meet requested needs for online orders.
Hellhole
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL4 January 2018
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at Groupon in the environment it was when I left. That was over 3 years ago though so I'm not sure if anything has changed.
great learning experience
Brand Ambassador Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO30 December 2017
working for Groupon was a great experience and an over all awesome learning experience. i couldn't have asked for a better internship that gave me the knowledge that i now have.
Pros
experience
Cons
a littler travel
El funcionario es desechable
Resolution Team (Former Employee) –  Santiago de Chile, Región Metropolitana22 December 2017
Te despiden asi como asi, fui victima de racismo por parte de una supervisora o team lider como llaman ellos. Obviamente le cai mal entonces habian insultos y "bromas" veladas que uno no tiene como comprobar para interponer una denuncia. Al fin y al cabo todos ahi trabajan con miedo tensos con miedo de ser el proximo a ser hechado todo detras de una nube de paz y buena camaraderia, pero eso una nube..la gente finge no es feliz ahi.
Pros
sueldo
Cons
mal ambiente laboral y relacion jefes sobordinados

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Groupon. Our community is ready to answer.