Groupon Employee Reviews

Good atmosphere but no vision for employees
Financial Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Warszawa, mazowieckie17 September 2017
Good atmosphere but no vision for employees.
Often lack of experience and professional cultural amongst managers.
No trainings and not much chance to promotion and progress.
Location is very good and salary not bad but it is not the type of place you want to stay for a long type.
The whole SSC environment is very tiring after a while.
Pros
Above average salary
Cons
No chance to progress
Environnement de travail
Directeur Régional (Current Employee) –  La Défense (92)17 September 2017
Un environnement de travail et dynamique avec des challenges uniques et passionnants
Eh,
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ14 September 2017
It was great at first. I guess I started at a good time when the commission structure was awsome, then it changed, and changed all within a 9 month span. It got to where I was making half of what i was when I started. Not to mention the ever changing progression structure. IDK. it's just hard selling a product that no one likes.
Pros
Great office.
Cons
Mismanagement
Empresa otima
Auxiliar de Atendimento ao Cliente (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, SP11 September 2017
Empresa muito bem estruturada. Auxiliares de prontidão.
Pros
Empresa publica/privada
Cons
Contrato de curto periodo
Average place to work
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OH6 September 2017
Good people, less stressful, some management issues. Raises are not predictable and some people get to be promoted for a reason that is not clear to the rest of the staff. Pay is average
I worked from home
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO5 September 2017
I felt cut off. It was hard to interact with other since I was at home and there was limited contact with my manager. I enjoyed not having a commute. I did not like how they laid off everyone without any notice.
Pros
I worked from home.
Cons
It was hard to contact the main office
Closure of SG Office
Merchandising manager (Former Employee) –  Ue square3 September 2017
Groupon has an awesome working culture. Fun, friendly environment. The company supports cross functional department and regional collaborations. A pity that Groupon singapore is no longer available.
A circus
Web Content Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL31 August 2017
Groupon is a workplace where job tasks change constantly with the potential of being laid off. I learned more about the pace of corporate America along with the level of unorganised leadership in this particular company.
Pros
Unlimited PTO
Cons
Instability
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cebu City, Cebu30 August 2017
I love working on this company if I only had the chance to stay a bit longer I will. I just wished that I will be able to reapply after my college. God bless opsify
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Annual Mass Lay Offs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL30 August 2017
Beware this company will lay you off out of the blue. No warning at all.Just BAM...no job.. Pay is decent if you dont have rent and bills. best thing there are the coworkers
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Annual Mass Layoffs
fun place to work but lacks in comp and advancement
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ28 August 2017
fun place to work but lacks in comp and advancement
a lot of calls
cold calls
micro managed
unrealistic goals
the office will be closing soon
no advancement with closing office
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL28 August 2017
Overall I enjoyed working for the company. However I was not happy at the fact they laid us off and knew months in advance they were going to do so. They should have informed us so that we could have made plans to look for new jobs. Instead they outsourced, had us training the agents and informed us in case of an overflow of business due to the upcoming hurricane.
empresa grande, tradicional
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Ciudad de México, D. F.28 August 2017
es muy padre el ambiente, que haya puro joven pero el lugar de trabajo me pareció muy encerrado y los horarios muy estrictos, eso disminuye el rendimiento de la gente.
Pros
prestaciones
Cons
burocracia, muchos años para subir aunque destaques
Awesome company to work for
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL23 August 2017
Can't say enough good things about Groupon. The working environment was so energizing that everyday was a new adventure. If you work hard, you get to play hard (occasional free lunch-ins, happy hours with your department, etc). For sales, sometimes the metrics that they measured would change on a weekly basis. But other then that, awesome experience and people.
Pros
Working environment
Cons
occasional unrealistic sales metrics
great company
SALES AND MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 August 2017
loved working at this place I learned so many things about sales and people working with this brand which to be honest deserves top ratings for how they treat their employees.
Ótima empresa com ambiente descontraído.
Executiva de Contas (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, SP23 August 2017
Entrei na empresa durante uma transição do grupo. Groupon em breve deixará de ter essa marca e com a nova gestão, novas estratégias foram estabelecidas para algumas cidades do Brasil, dentre elas, Brasília. Durante o periodo de 3 meses, tive 2 gerentes, nos quais tivemos pouco contato, pois um ficava em Curitiba e outro em São Paulo. Tivemos pouco acompanhamento.
Pros
Flexibilidade de horário
Cons
Senti falta da gestão mais próxima.
Fun workplace
CS Process Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu22 August 2017
Great exposure. Very friendly atmosphere. Many learning related to e-commerce. Good international exposure. A day at work is fun filled, more like fun at work combo. Common forum to raise staff's concerns.
Pros
Many learning
Cons
Work life balance
It's probably better now...
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL18 August 2017
I was working at Groupon when they were going through significant growth and pressure. It was a mess: leadership was disorganized and they strategized poorly. This instability created an erratic work experience. I can only imagine the company (and market) has "right-sized", recognizing a more realistic competitive strategy and a humbler view of themselves. This sort of stability will, I'm sure, make the company a more attractive place to work.

Outside of that, it was a typical inside sales job. Definitely a lot of pressure to preform, but it wasn't exactly boiler room. If you're interested in a career in sales (but more likely are just coming out of college with few skill and are looking for a job), this is a fine place to start, and probably better than when I was there.
Good Culture
Merchandising Planner (Former Employee) –  Киев17 August 2017
I like this place, positive people, interesting tasks and challenges every day. Good office and great management. Learned a lot and it gave me a big chance in life
Fast-Paced environment that makes you learn a lot about eCommerce industry
Fiancial Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Schaffhausen, SH16 August 2017
Internet business environments are always a bit chaotic. Groupon is not an exception, but I think that is the rule. Sometimes you don't know how is your day going to be after you grab a coffee and sit down. But that is what makes it really interesting.
You can have fun with colleagues, learn a lot and change things if you are smart enough to identify opportunities. That is something really really valuable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Groupon. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9