H&M Employee Reviews

Good with with the exception of weekly hour problems
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin17 July 2017
Fun workplace but the industry of retail makes the unstable, ever changing hours and income hard to cope with.
Other than that, the values that the company promotes to its staff members are really good and motivating. The management is nice and easy to work with. Each shop is a little family.
Pros
Great discounts (especially when you know when the special discount sales are on)
Cons
Unstable retail hours not giving enough of hours and/or schedule for each week.
Productive workplace
Sales Advisor in COS (Current Employee) –  Ireland11 April 2017
The workplace is productive, sometimes the delegation of work is not very fair. Management are very strict where I work and part-timers are often left to do the unsociable hours every week without change.
Pros
Staff discount is good
Cons
Constantly working the same hours, no variation between staff
Great place to work if your a student but not ideal as a career
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 April 2017
H&M is a great place to work for if your young and still in college or looking for a handy job. The rate of pay is quite good for sales advisors from €9.30-€10.50. Your day could include working on a morning delivery and getting delivery stock quickly out on the floor . There are many different sections in the shop and you could be responsible for the maintenance of it. You work as a team to drive sales targets for the day and deliver great customer service. I worked up my way to a visual merchandiser and enjoyed my role. I think the management side was the most hardest part of the job. There are too many opinion and petty things focused on in store visits and unnecessary stress from store managers. The pay is not great as a visual merchandiser and it is not worth it for the amount of money you are paid. The have a great discount for staff 25% off for staff and in-store offers for staff on certain days.
Pros
25% discount, Good sales adviors pay
Cons
They don't value hard working staff
Fun workplace
Sales and operation (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 April 2017
Very little training, low staff turnover firm policies, massive difference between service and operations. Engaged staff who are friendly with management.
Pros
happy workplace
Cons
Overtime is common
Excellent
Sales assistant, visual merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dublin1 March 2017
I enjoy my job at H&M, the people, the environment. I've learned a lot from training, my day-to-day duties and the work environment. It's demanding at times but worth it.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Salary
Fun workplace
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin20 October 2016
Typical day: Analyse figures and daily targets. Customer service. Staff motivation.
How to give feedback positive and negative.
Hardest part is Late nights and weekends
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Late nights, weekends, salary
Productive workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Romania19 October 2016
Successfull trained the new sales advisors entering the team and receiving positive feedbacks about this.
Learning the full responsabilities for the Cashier Office Responsable and when he wasn`t at work I was doing all the tasks for him(Papers, Procedures, Routines).
I learned how to organise the team and to set priorities for the day.
friendly and professional workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 July 2016
Having working in H&M for 5 years i can say i had such a positive experience the teams were always so friendly and professional.The opportunitys were endless i myself started on a 20 hour stockroom position and worked my way up to admin manager within 2 years.
Pros
friendly, constant improvement
Cons
salary
Ok
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Limerick8 May 2016
Days can be very long.Wages are nothing to write home about. Management can be difficult at times. Only good thing about this job is the discount.
Fun and fast place environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny27 April 2016
H&M is a brilliant place to work. Its very much a fast paced environment with room to grow and for you to progress throughout the company. Its team focused also
Great place to work.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 April 2016
I found H&M to be the most enjoyable place to work. friendly and hard working staff. Great team work and always room for training and to move up in the company. I was chosen to be part of a team to set up H&M in the Philippines for 6 weeks in 2014. It was an amazing hard working experience.
Pros
Discounted clothes.
Fantastic internal progression opportunities
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 February 2016
Overall great place to work. For anyone who wants to progress within the company there are amazing opportunities. They value staff members and there is no hierarchy between management and staff. In terms of benefits they could be better for members of staff who have worked for the company for over 5 years. Benefits and pay rises seem to only be available if a person wishes to progress however there are many members of staff who are happy to stay in there current position but have little opportunities for pay rises which leaves little incentive to stay with the company for the long term.
Pros
Value staff, they value progression and help staff succeed with development plans
Cons
Cutbacks on hours when they are unnecessary which puts a lot of pressure on staff to double job
Productive fast paced environment
Department Manager Ladies concepts (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D13 January 2016
Ladieswear concept manager in the heart of Dublin City Centre.
Building teams, encouraging in achieving better results.
learning
Worker (Former Employee) –  sharjah sahara mall3 November 2015
H&M is a great company for those who seeks a career in fashion.
You can grow and develop with in the company, the best part about the company are my colleagues. We learn together and teach other new was to go about the business.
Pros
long hours more pay
Cons
may get rude costumers
Great pleace to work in- very friendly
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D3 July 2014
Every day was different. In H&M department manager has endless responsibility. Profitability and Employees were the most important responsibility though. I love working in busy environment like H&M. I worked under massive pressure which I really enjoyed. Pressure motivates me.
fun workplace
Retail (Current Employee) –  mary street29 September 2013
Learned good communication skills and interacting with different people.