Holland & Barrett Employee Reviews

Good place to work if you don't have any other choice
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Santry, County Dublin10 July 2017
If you can't find another job this is a good job for start, but as soon as you find something else move from this place. I was there long enough, they've promised to give contract from day 1 but never happened especially if you are hard working person. Just lies, more lies and so on. If you are lazy and + Irish your chance to do nothing + get contract for just few months is very high. No any benefits, colleagues are mostly low minded and jealous, kissing managers a.. and s.....g balls, snitching people for nothing. No any chance of progression if you are not Irish and if you are not ready for a.. kissing 5 days per week. My advice is to stay away if there is another option. All supervisors are two faced people. The worst human relations experience ever, the worst company in Ireland.
Pros
Cons
Everything else
Nice Workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Tipperary26 June 2017
Great Workplace if you enjoy a busy target driven atmosphere...learn about all kinds of health an well being, its not for everyone but if your happy in a shop environment and have a decent interest in health ..could be good
You will be only a number
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ireland21 February 2017
Company which will suck all your energy and joy of life out of you just to get by penny richer (CEO and office not you in the shop who is doing work).
If you like healthy lifestyle you will like it if you don't plan to go for managment.
Pros
They paid in money
Cons
Long list
place where you can learn, but u have to work hard to hang around and get the opportunity
Forklift driver, Team leader (Former Employee) –  Dublin12 December 2016
fun place to work, I dont know how it is since I have left i think things have changed but definetely the place where hard work was appreciated and u get the opportunity to do many things and gain experience that will u can really use anywhere
Working alone a lot, expected to do so much
Associate (Current Employee) –  Dublin24 September 2016
Awful place to work! Often working by yourself and expected to complete a magnitude of tasks whilst serving customers. They want you to focus on customers and drive sales but have a go at you if certain tasks are not completed. Its never enough for the management. you have to pretty much force people to sign up to loyalty cards they print off how many people you've signed up and tell you its not good enough. Thankless, terribly paid! We are all on minimum wage. Cv is into mcdonalds asap wont have this much hassle there
Pros
You get 25 percent discount but on this wage and their high prices whats the point?
Cons
Lone working, high expectations, minimum wage
You are a part of ZERO people team.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 April 2016
It's just ridiculous work place. You work in shop that brings few thousands euro per day, you deal with many customers but there's nobody to help you. They give you contract in which you may find that "occasionally you will work lone hours" but reality is that OCCASIONALLY you work as part of a team.
Pros
they pay you for work :)
Cons
nearly everything!
I feel very invested in
Area manager (Current Employee) –  Ireland24 July 2015
I'm not long with the company but so far I feel very welcomed, invested in and engaged. The work is hard and they expect a lot of you but the rewards are there and progression is a big thing. I'd definitely recommend them.
Pros
25% discount, lovely people, career progression
Cons
The work is hard
productive and fun place to work
sales advisor (Current Employee) –  tullamore13 July 2014
productive and fun place to work
little hours
low salary
great co workers
Pros
25% off
Cons
low salary
Great for learning new things
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cork23 September 2013
As a supervisor you are required to be at work 30 minutes before the store is scheduled to be opened. You must follow a strict security routine and have the store opened on time. Your main priority is customers, with regular mystery shoppers calling into the store to monitor this. You receive regular training in products and ailments and must always follow a script when dealing with customers, for example, always approach with an open question. It is difficult to begin with, but most people will learn about the products quicker then they would think. Particularly good place to work if you are naturally good at customer services. You will always have a list of jobs to complete with certain days set for certain jobs. You always close up the store when it is scheduled and all customers have left. You will again follow a strict security routine when closing up.
Management are usually always present and there are regular visits from area managers or regional managers. If management are absent you will always have an experienced staff member or supervisor present.
The most difficult thing to do when working for this company is learning about all the products. There is sufficient training and your co-workers will do there best to help you learn. The most enjoyable part of this job is genuinely helping people.
Interesting
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Clonmel Co Tipperary8 August 2013
Retail management was something I never thought I would re enter, however working with H&B has been extremely interesting,
I have acquired an A Level qualification in Vitamins, Supplements and body requirements.
The job is fast paced and there is a lot of learning on your feet.
My team are fantastic and we all thrive on making the customer feel special and important from the moment they enter to the moment they leave.
The hardest part of the job is not having enough time to finish everything and the frustrations that can sometimes bring, but we get it done.
I have learned to be more tolerant of people and to delegate more.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
Low wages Long Hours, Lots of Loan trading and no Saturdays Off
Legal?
Sales executive  (Current Employee) –  Ireland10 June 2013
Can anyone tell me if they had the same experience and if what they are doing is legal? I am with Holland & Barrett and have been made pay out of my own money if till was down and if a person's debit card came up as not authorised and we did not see it. Recently i had to pay out a large sum of money because i did not notice the receipt slip said not authorised meaning the person did not have enough money in their account. Should i be made pay? Seriously love health food and everything about it but hate the attitudes and lack of regard for staff.