Honeywell Employee Reviews

Target orientated in all areas from safety to outputs
Shop floor op, Trainer and then shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterford8 May 2017
Honeywell Waterford is a disciplined target driven company, totally customer focused. It has a great track record for safety, quality, on time delivery and continuous improvement.
Pros
Good health care cover for managers and staff
Cons
Shift work
Good People
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Leixlip26 January 2017
Good bunch of people to work with and great experience in working inside a larger a large Multinational. Good pay and hours of work
Pros
people
Cons
contarct
An interesting place to work
Trainer/health and Safety/General operator (Current Employee) –  Waterford, WD12 October 2015
A good mix of age groups that can learn from each other. Most people are set in their ways but can be suspicious of change. It is part of a very large organisation and therefore some policies/structures are for different cultures which can lead to hesitancy to changes but overall policies, especially safety orientated, are subject to acceptance. Changes to work practice for organisation restructuring requirements are usually smooth. Changes in management,either by promotion or appointment, usually brings it's share of suspicions and fears due to the culture of the workforce which is to be expected. New ideas/structures or policies take time to accept and implement but are for the common good for all. It is a very interesting place to work which in itself brings it's own challenges and the mindset to deal with them but overall an interesting place to work.
Pros
Flexy days, salary, medical cover etc
Cons
Shift work
Enjoyable place to work
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Waterford15 September 2015
Great place to work just started at the wrong time due to the down turn in the global economy. manufactured turbo wheel for many different cars and lorry company's.
Pros
Great Salary
Cons
Extreme heat
Productive Relaxed and Friendly
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  WD13 April 2015
I always enjoyed working at Honeywell and was very disappointed when I was made redundant. The managers and co-workers were always lovely to work with. Honeywell is an environment was relaxed and friendly.
Pros
Great Wages
Cons
Don't really have any only being made redundant.
Very good workplace
General Operative (Former Employee) –  WD31 March 2015
Good coworkers
Interesting high tech workplace
Work at own initiative
Good communications with management
Health and Safety are on top of agenda
Pros
very good workplace
Cons
Felt like a family run company
Assembler/Wirer (Former Employee) –  WD28 January 2015
We had schedules to stick to and worked harder to beat these.
Learnt to work as a Team or on your own.
Co workers were a good team in and out of work.
Management trusted us to finish the work.
Respect towards managers.
Great Social life with the company.
Work was enjoyable.
Plenty of Overtime.
People were friendly.
Pros
The Workers
Cons
It got too regimental, morning meetings everyday.etc
Never enjoyed a job more
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterford Industrial Estate, Waterford City20 January 2015
Work was diverse people were a joy to work with and the Management team were great to deal with. Job satisfaction enjoyed each and every day coming to work was never a chore.We were always treated with respect and ideas were always taken seriously.Hardest part of the job there wasn't any. You learned a whole host of new skills if you were open and flexible to new ideas and job challenges.
Pros
bonuses and no shift work
Typical manufacturing enviornment
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  WD19 August 2013
A typical day involved the production of aluminium compressor wheels from their raw form through to the inspected and packaged finished product. There is a good atmosphere in this factory with good relationships between management and floor staff. I learned a lot about precision engineering with quality being paramount at all times. The 3 shift cycle could be difficult at times, however if I got enough sleep I would be fine. I enjoyed the team dynamic and watching the product evolve from its initial state to the finished product.
Pros
Good benefits. Share scheme, doctor scheme, bonus scheme
Cons
3 shift cycle
A place for Production but also, a place for learning
Mechanical Assembler / Gerneral Operative (Current Employee) –  Waterford City, Ireland12 March 2013
Honeywell, a very busy company aided me in the correct training to establish myself as an accomplished electrical assembler. They also taught me about waste management, safety, 5S and Kaizens. Through Honeywell Operating Systems (HOS) I learnt about efficency and how to keep up with this mentality throughout every process.
excellent employer
production line manager, quality engineer (Former Employee) –  waterford10 July 2012
This company is employee focused and provides excellent benefits for its employees. It also provides full support for learning and education.
Pros
healthcare, education.