Hovione Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Portuguese Prison
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cork5 September 2017
Management can't manage. The Portuguese are an ignorant bunch. Very little productivity. More negatives than positives unfortunately. Would not recommend to a friend. Huge staff turnover.
Pros
Cons
Long hours. Basic pay. No extras. Miserable Portuguese.
The most dangerous site in Ireland
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ringaskiddy, County Cork16 March 2017
It is just a matter of time before someone looses their life on this site in cork.
"Safety first , quality always" is the company motto - but in cork - the reality is more like safety never and so many deviations, and batch contaminations that it's a rare sight to see a product leaving this site that has not been contaminated in some way..
It's not what you know but who you know also - and this site is bursting at the seems with "buddies" of managers
Who come from all backgrounds ranging from dental nurses to Somali pirate protection operators that lack pharma experience .... thus the poor quality production and process ...
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Dangerous
Challenging work with fun
Analytical chemist-NPI (Current Employee) –  Cork, Ireland13 May 2015
My typical day of work is start with reviewing HPLC systems for my colleagues and giving them approval for sample injections. Later, I get involved with my own UPLC/HPLC method development or technology transfer.
Hovione is being contract manufacturing site, We have contractual analytical method development and validation from Gilead, Astrazeneca, GSK and many more.
It has been a long experience and fun loving journey from Teva-India to Hovione-Ireland. I was completely in new culture and still the first ever Asian to this company. I found my colleagues and team leader, director is so supportive. They helped me lot to boost my confidence in new environment.
I gained excellent experience in India as Analytical scientist but with every new company we can have different learning.
For me it was completely new world, new culture, new work environment, new systems.
This made me mentally strong to adopt any change that will come in future. I am very much ready for accepting new challenges.
The work at Hovione, Cork, Ireland is absolutely fun and we finished challenging assignments, audits in very light and fun making environment.
Pros
Flexible timing, perks
Cons
less number of leaves