IBM Employee Reviews

Team Leader, Logistics and Distribution (Former Employee) –  Dublin20 November 2017
During my 5 years in IBM I found it to be an ok experience.
8 hour days and cycle/shift work were fine in my opinion.
They do not make you permanent and keep the majority of workers on contracts would be there biggest problem.
Race to the bottom
Wintel Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 November 2017
IBM (GTS specifically) is now a place of maximum cost reduction, very little progression and a race to the bottom. Too much inefficient middle management creating interference, red tape and undue stress in the work place, plenty of buzz words and corporate speak, talking the right talk but they do not back it up. Unfortunately IBM used to be a great place to work and still has some great people but it has lost its shine and is no better that any other major outsourcing firm in the race to the bottom. Skeleton teams are now over worked and under appreciated. Which leads to regular fire fighting and more often that not you have to figure it out yourself with very little guidance. Further your expected to "Over" perform to gain any meaningful bonus and honest hard work is rarely recognized. The problem is IBM over sell their services and under deliver which invariably leads to the brunt being taken by the line staff. It's a pity about the short sighted approach and has taken a massive toll on IBM's once great name. Good job security with IBM but no a great long term prospect, go for the experience but don't stay too long.
Pros
You can get Good experience, good people, good job security
Cons
Hard to progress your salary, Red tape, iniffecient management. Left to fend for yourself.
Productive and interesting
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cork20 October 2017
Daily meeting to present shortly my work results, issues met, measures I took, intentions for next day
Agile rules Disciplin respected, good group collaboration.

The hardest part was when defects found proved hard to reproduce or intermittent, but had to be cought and documented.

The most enjoyable was to find hidden issues or to propose usability improvements
Great company to work in
Competitive strategies to Business Development (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 October 2017
IBM is a great company to work in with fantastic carer prospects and the ability to learn and train is superb. I would recommend IBM to anyone starting or seasoned professional.
Good company to start in the sales area
Commercial Renewals Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin26 September 2017
IBM has many benefits for those who are starters in the sales area. The renewals department has many benefits like a good salary, good environment to work in and many tools to start your learning. You can also work remotely from time to time, which is a positive thing.

The cons of working in IBM is the location of the company, which is very far from the city center. Bus is not provided by the company and the private company that links the city center to the site is very poor quality. Another cons is that you have to pay for the food during lunch, which is a bit over expensive. No health insurance for sales people. To finish, it is a bit old-fashioned, so if you are looking for something fresh, maybe it's not the best fist.
Pros
good salary, comissions, work environment is great, suitable for beginners
Cons
No food provided, no transport provided, no health insurance, difficult to climb up the ladder
IBM is a good place to work.
Cash Manager in the treasury department (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 August 2017
Ibm is an interesting company. its a good place to work. theres a good salary, and the hours arent overly demanding. the management are quite good. its like every other multinational: a decent, if not incredible place to work. the treasury department can be a bit quiet, so if youre the talkative type you might want to consider that, but on the other hand the people who work there ae very easy to get on with.
Transition phase
Customer Fulfilment Representative (Current Employee) –  Dublin21 August 2017
I happened to start during a transition phase in which many seniors left the company, therefore at the moment we are struggling in acquiring the knowledge we need to comply to our internal process.
I am a contractor and have no benefits whatsoever. If I am sick I do not get paid and there aren't real chances of career progression at the moment.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Salary and Job insecurity
Executive PA to Vice President and Directors (Former Employee) –  Mulhuddart, County Dublin3 August 2017
Worked in IBM for 17 years contracted to work for them by CPL. It was a very busy and people were very friendly and a good mix. My main responsibilities were diary management, expenses, travel, and back up for colleagues when on vacation.
Pros
Nice friendly environment
Cons
No chance of being made permanent
very hard for progression and bad work culture
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland28 July 2017
There is no drive in the employees, hard to gain progression in IBM Ireland, Salary is not great. But it is easy work and you can gave a good life style.
great place to work
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Mulhuddant, Co Dublin20 June 2017
everyone there support each other no matter if is private personal or work business support is there. great working hours. good social events. good team work
Cons
A relaxed but productive environment.
Server Builder (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 June 2017
A typical day at work involved picking orders from a shelf, assembling the required parts and sending the finished product on for testing. Employees were willing to help each other on unusual builds.
ok
EMEA Software Sales Business Operations (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 June 2017
good experience, great life work balance, company still need to adjust to the current employment market and employee expectations and improve canteen
job role
Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 May 2017
busy
scanning system with assempling parts
who knows
wothless
rumours
not observe any

the plant moved to Singapore so latest chaos as I could imagine.
nice place good work place.
receiver,shelf stacker (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin5 May 2017
had a good time working there i was sad when i had to leave it as there was no chance of being kept on after the short time i was there.
very close to where i am living which was a plus.
Pros
lunch given
Ibm
Bid Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin2 May 2017
I've learned so much from IBM, good people and amazing environment. IBM introduced me to the agile way of working which changed even my personal life for the best.
Fun workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin26 April 2017
I had a very good experience in this company and I met very professionnal and interesting people. I learned a lot because IBM is one of the best sales school.
Excellent workplace environment
Software Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin24 April 2017
IBM is a good company to work for with a diverse workforce. Teamwork and strong people management is an important attribute for IBM leadership. IBM has embraced agile concepts and incorporates agile methodology as a project management resource.
Pros
Flexible work from home options and good training resources.
Cons
Market is changing with less production focus.
Excellent company to work for
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 April 2017
i worked for 13 years for IBM , it was a great company to work for . they looked after there staff ensuring a perfect work life balance .they encouraged there staff to learn, i attained my diploma in management and completed many other courses , i also learned and completed lean training while working for IBM
Was a very productive company to work for
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 March 2017
IBM was a very multi cultural company to work for. They were very employee orientated and helped the employees advance in their career's. I really enjoyed working for IBM as I had built a very good working relationship with the group of employees whom I was responsible for.
Positive working environment
LEAD SERVICE MANAGER - Software License Management (Current Employee) –  Dublin19 March 2017
A positive working environment in a company that is always evolving with the new demands of the industry and customers. The company is very well positioned for the new waves of market growth in the industry.
Pros
Positive working environment
Cons
Positive working environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.

IBM Reviews by Location