IBM Employee Reviews

Good company to start in the sales area
Commercial Renewals Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin26 September 2017
IBM has many benefits for those who are starters in the sales area. The renewals department has many benefits like a good salary, good environment to work in and many tools to start your learning. You can also work remotely from time to time, which is a positive thing.

The cons of working in IBM is the location of the company, which is very far from the city center. Bus is not provided by the company and the private company that links the city center to the site is very poor quality. Another cons is that you have to pay for the food during lunch, which is a bit over expensive. No health insurance for sales people. To finish, it is a bit old-fashioned, so if you are looking for something fresh, maybe it's not the best fist.
Pros
good salary, comissions, work environment is great, suitable for beginners
Cons
No food provided, no transport provided, no health insurance, difficult to climb up the ladder
IBM is a good place to work.
Cash Manager in the treasury department (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 August 2017
Ibm is an interesting company. its a good place to work. theres a good salary, and the hours arent overly demanding. the management are quite good. its like every other multinational: a decent, if not incredible place to work. the treasury department can be a bit quiet, so if youre the talkative type you might want to consider that, but on the other hand the people who work there ae very easy to get on with.
Transition phase
Customer Fulfilment Representative (Current Employee) –  Dublin21 August 2017
I happened to start during a transition phase in which many seniors left the company, therefore at the moment we are struggling in acquiring the knowledge we need to comply to our internal process.
I am a contractor and have no benefits whatsoever. If I am sick I do not get paid and there aren't real chances of career progression at the moment.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Salary and Job insecurity
Executive PA to Vice President and Directors (Former Employee) –  Mulhuddart, County Dublin3 August 2017
Worked in IBM for 17 years contracted to work for them by CPL. It was a very busy and people were very friendly and a good mix. My main responsibilities were diary management, expenses, travel, and back up for colleagues when on vacation.
Pros
Nice friendly environment
Cons
No chance of being made permanent
very hard for progression and bad work culture
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland28 July 2017
There is no drive in the employees, hard to gain progression in IBM Ireland, Salary is not great. But it is easy work and you can gave a good life style.
great place to work
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Mulhuddant, Co Dublin20 June 2017
everyone there support each other no matter if is private personal or work business support is there. great working hours. good social events. good team work
Cons
A relaxed but productive environment.
Server Builder (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 June 2017
A typical day at work involved picking orders from a shelf, assembling the required parts and sending the finished product on for testing. Employees were willing to help each other on unusual builds.
ok
EMEA Software Sales Business Operations (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 June 2017
good experience, great life work balance, company still need to adjust to the current employment market and employee expectations and improve canteen
job role
Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 May 2017
busy
scanning system with assempling parts
who knows
wothless
rumours
not observe any

the plant moved to Singapore so latest chaos as I could imagine.
nice place good work place.
receiver,shelf stacker (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin5 May 2017
had a good time working there i was sad when i had to leave it as there was no chance of being kept on after the short time i was there.
very close to where i am living which was a plus.
Pros
lunch given

Want to know more about IBM?

Ask a question
Ibm
Bid Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin2 May 2017
I've learned so much from IBM, good people and amazing environment. IBM introduced me to the agile way of working which changed even my personal life for the best.
Fun workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin26 April 2017
I had a very good experience in this company and I met very professionnal and interesting people. I learned a lot because IBM is one of the best sales school.
Excellent workplace environment
Software Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin24 April 2017
IBM is a good company to work for with a diverse workforce. Teamwork and strong people management is an important attribute for IBM leadership. IBM has embraced agile concepts and incorporates agile methodology as a project management resource.
Pros
Flexible work from home options and good training resources.
Cons
Market is changing with less production focus.
Excellent company to work for
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 April 2017
i worked for 13 years for IBM , it was a great company to work for . they looked after there staff ensuring a perfect work life balance .they encouraged there staff to learn, i attained my diploma in management and completed many other courses , i also learned and completed lean training while working for IBM
Was a very productive company to work for
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 March 2017
IBM was a very multi cultural company to work for. They were very employee orientated and helped the employees advance in their career's. I really enjoyed working for IBM as I had built a very good working relationship with the group of employees whom I was responsible for.
Positive working environment
LEAD SERVICE MANAGER - Software License Management (Current Employee) –  Dublin19 March 2017
A positive working environment in a company that is always evolving with the new demands of the industry and customers. The company is very well positioned for the new waves of market growth in the industry.
Pros
Positive working environment
Cons
Positive working environment
Challenging and fun
Warehouse Supervisor/Logistics Order Analyst (Former Employee) –  IE9 March 2017
At IBM I worked in the logistics end for 7 years. My role was the supervision of a team of approximately 8 staff manageing the receipt and stock control of thousands of products weekly. As part of an internal opportunity I applied for and was successful at being appointed a logistic order analyst. Ths involved system management of all high end products from point of stock release to point of completion and shipment to the customer. The management were excellent and fully supportive.this role was for a period of 4 years.
The hardest part of this role was the volume of orders I managed on a daily basis which was very chellenging.
The most enjoyable aspect of my job was working with many different departments and other IBM sites to ensure our products were delivered on time to our customers.
Pros
Subsidised canteen, yearly bonus, progressional opportunities.
Cons
Shift based hours.
This is where i "grew up"
Account Specific Trainer for Operations (Former Employee) –  Ballycoolin8 March 2017
As the headline says,
This is pretty much the company I learned the ropes, for better and worse.
My personal experience has been absolutely amazing, there is no questions there, I learned things about the company and myself, did things I would never imagine doing and becoming a whole lot more aware of what I can do in the future.
Pros
Loads of freedom
Cons
Non really
fun place to work
Reworker (Former Employee) –  Damastown, County Dublin6 March 2017
I found my time in IBM to be very pleasant to work for it is a very big place with lots of different departments and is very easy to get lost if you don't known were your going
Pros
free lunches
Highly Valuable work place with lot of Diversity and Integrity
TEST ANALYST / TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 March 2017
Simply, Highly Valuable/professional workplace to work. Having great values of Diversity and Integrity. Very member in this, have given me so much space to explore myself to learn, develop skills and knowledge. Management was so cooperative and motivated me all times. I love to work with the multi-cultured team, which motivates me to learn new things every day in day to day life. Working hours are so flexible, most of them are so friendly incomes to share of knowledge and experiences.
Pros
Team meeting, meet ups, shadows etc

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.

IBM Reviews by Location