International Monetary Fund

International Monetary Fund Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive fun International workplace
Senior Management and more than (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 24, 2014
Pros: fun holiday parties
Typical work day was busy, fun, and interpersonal.
Learned different cultures. Promoted to different positions.
Great management team in all positions.
Loved my coworkers. We worked well together.
The hardest part of the job, was when I got laid off due to financial restraints. Leaving my friends.
The most enjoyable part was being productive, and having – more... a friendly and helpful environment. – less
Nice working environment with nice team workers around
Spring Meetings Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 15, 2014
Pros: nice working environment; nice leaders.
Cons: no salary
I worked three day a week from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. I worked in a branding team which mainly do branding pieces for spring meetings. I also assisted secretary department with meeting room assignment, as well as checking emails and contacting meeting groups. This work is a good chance for me to get involved in event and meeting management world to learn – more... hands-on skills. – less
Productive and challenging workplace
Sustainability Officer (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 18, 2014
Cons: annual employment contracts make it hard to plan your career growth
Staff are truly valued at the IMF, and the Fund provides plenty of opportunities for employees to grow their ideas.
Great experience, but not career progession
Unit Coordinator (Departmental Rotation) (Former Employee), Washington DC, USAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: professional culture
Cons: no career progression opportunities
As a staff assistant, the main role was coordinating a unit in a department. I was on rotation so had numerous assignments throughout the organisation. The majority of work was carrying out administrative support and delivering work packages to management.
Internship that builds friendships
INTERN, SODEXO (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 19, 2014
Pros: working with people from different countries
Cons: it was a short internship
Working at the IMF has its advantages beside great job opportunities. The IMF is like working on all 7 continents, you get the chance to interact with people from all walks of life, and different cultural backgrounds. I enjoyed my job position as space planning surveyor, because every day I learned something new about the people who worked at the IMF. – more... The hardest part about my job was knowing that this short internship was soon to come to an end. I seen great potential in the position and hope that the chance to walking back into the position comes around again. – less
Relax people
Mobile Device Technology Support Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 9, 2014
People are fun, very interesting. The culture is great. The policy about advancement and talent promotion needs to be more aggressive
Fun place to work
Management Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 18, 2014
Busy work days
-People 's skills are very important
-Management is poor
-Co-workers are lazy
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Williston, VTFebruary 24, 2014
IMF publications was a great entry level profession to launch a career. I'm happy I worked here.
Interesting place to work
IT Consultant (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: working environment, people, cafeteria
Cons: organization design, confusing and competing strategies, the bloody cold walk from the metro
Although my tenure at the IMF was brief due to my contract, I had the time to get a glimpse of the culture and environment. In short, there are many brilliant people who work at the Fund and seem to strive to ensure the Fund's global reputation and efforts are of the highest quality. This is a challenge given the global economy, the need to be continually – more... agile in responding to new challenges and risks and the political pressures that are put on management to do things in a certain way.

The IT department appears to be a good place to work as does the Office of Internal Audit. The people I worked with were very friendly and always going the extra mile, but they all seem to be in a continual catch-up mode as information doesn't sleep and controls seem to be under constant threat. IT seems to respond to business wanting to be on the "bleeding edge" of technology rather than ensuring the foundational technologies are solid and support business.

The biggest challenge was the maze of the buildings themselves. You need a map! But if you can find the extraordinary cafeteria - these guys have their own sushi bar! - you will find yourself immersed in so many different cultures and languages. That made the experience fun. – less
A true global work culture. Great to work with the best mind of world
SharePoint Consultant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: na
Not everyday we get paid to Utilized numerous sources and new emerging technologies to find best tools needed for Creatively challenge Findaway. Work closely with Enterprise architects, Innovation leaders in alignment with the roadmap and requirements definitions.
located in washington dc
FSG Hardware Technician II (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 17, 2013
Pros: not far from the white house
Cons: taking the marc train
My most current position was at the International Monetary Fund as field service support technician servicing over 1,750 people in Washington D.C offices and Res Rep posts around the world.
Very professional, yet friendly place to work. Top notch enviromment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 4, 2013
I had the opportunity to work for 2 different departments whilst employed with the IMF. I enjoyed all aspects of my job as an Administrative Assistant. I was able to grow in my role as Administrative Assistant and gradually take on more responsibility as I became more familiarized with the organization.
Excellent benefitss and job security.
Bilingual Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2013
The benefits are best and job security is good.

The work is extremely interesting and if you like to travel this is the place to be.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 23, 2013
Great and dynamic organization. I really learned how to interact with people from varying backgrounds.
Productive and Fun work place
Program Manager (Contract) (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 19, 2013
Excellent leadership and exposured to technical ITIL processes and framework
Great internship experience
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 17, 2013
Pros: long hours
Cons: good environment, good boss, very smart people.
I had a great experience at the IMF. The economists are very knowledgeable and friendly. The hours were long and I had to sweat my paycheck for sure but I loved to work with the experienced economists there and to learn from them.
Forefront of Economic Policy
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Washington DCApril 9, 2013
Gratifying to start my career in such a renowned institution.
Great place to launch your career in economic research
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 7, 2013
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is an organization of 188 countries, working to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, facilitate international trade, promote high employment and sustainable economic growth, and reduce poverty around the world.
My employement a the International Monetary Fund invoved managing the security services contract.
Senior Manager of 140 (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 31, 2013
I was responsible for a team of 140 security staff. It was a very challenging task which enhanced my management and people leadership skills. The hardest part of this job was having to bridge the gap between the client and the security services provider.
too many managers wanting everything
Research Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 2, 2012
Upper management is unorganized
long hours, work over time with little or no notice