Irish Wheelchair Association Employee Reviews in Ireland

See reviews about:
Fun Workplace with Great Employees
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dublin, IrelandNovember 1, 2015
At IWA I helped work with disabled individuals to work out in both group sessions and individual sessions. I also helped with children's camps to play sports with both able-bodied individuals and disabled individuals.
Eventful work
Career (Former Employee) –  TuamOctober 14, 2015
Was different everyday very hard work but i did love it. I was in the kitchen in the day room.we also would oraganise events for outing.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Pay
Considering it was a private residency where I worked, the IWA looked after me well they could not get a replacement job for me so was made redundant
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, DFebruary 27, 2014
The typical day at work for me was great. It was so challenging. My leader taught me to manage my job my time. I learnt to be comfortable with strangers as there were many people in the health department who came to do their work, nurses, doctors. Ots, physiotherapists, etc. The co-workers worked with me so well. The hardest part of the job was when she had to be admitted to hospital. She felt very very uncomfortable and I had to work from hospital. The job was so enjoyable most of the times. A lot of knowledge was acquired in the job it was always enjoyable whenever a job was done well and it was appreciated by her and the IWA.
Pros
time management was well managed. felt at home always.
Cons
the wait for treatment or ambulance if ever my leader suddenly fell sick
Dynamic and enjoyable workplace
Programme Assistant Driver (Current Employee) –  TipperaryJune 28, 2015
Collect and return service users to and from their houses each day and assist in delivering activities on a daily and weekly basis
Great place to work.
Office Administration and Reception (Former Employee) –  Blackrock, CNovember 26, 2014
Typical day at work was answering phone.Checking e-mails and replying to same.Co workers were great to work with and as with management were very helpful.
Pros
great atmosphere.
excellent work place
social care student on placement (Former Employee) –  kilkennyFebruary 15, 2015
During my work experience I have learnt how to work as a team and efficiently using my own knowledge and any available.Iworked in the day centre, assisting wheelchair users who are disable with their daily activities.The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the difference you where making to peoples lives.It was a rewarding job. I learned a lot working as part of a team
Typical Work Day
Core Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Clontarf, DJuly 8, 2014
Usually start work at 8.00am. Handover from night staff . Wash dress and toilet guests and bring them down to the dining room for breakfast.They decide what will happens on any given day. We usually have guests staying who are similar in age and interests. The Hospice only caters for 6 guests at a time This could be cinema, museums, shopping, the zoo, literary events. We usually eat out at lunch time. Come back to the Hospice. Some of the guests might want to rest, use the bathroom, have drinks. We settle them in the sitting room or their own rooms and the afternoon shift starts at 4.00pm. .
Pros
taking part in outings to activities i would'nt usually attend
Cons
if all the guests have severe disabilities
I got great exsperiance and total job satisfaction from this job it was a very rewarding position
Personal assistant (Former Employee) –  Clontarf, DApril 17, 2014
I worked as a personal assistant and also worked in the rest bite center my days where to assist people with physical and mental disability's to live there lives as normal and happy as they possibility could my day would consist of showering the client and general house keeping the hardest part of the job was watching some of the situations some clients where living sometimes it was very upsetting.The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the difference you where making to peoples lives.
Pros
great exsperience
Cons
sometimes was hard to see peoples disabilities
Excellent Place to work
Bus Driver/Carer (Current Employee) –  ArklowAugust 31, 2012
Members Avail of the IWA services its a very rewarding job the Management are very professional your contribution is very important to the team
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
I enjoy working with people and am interested in part time work
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  WexfordNovember 7, 2012
Showering, hoisting, dressing, and providing breakfast to patients in their own home. I learned Communication Skills and enjoy working with my co workers and working as a team. The hardest part of the job would be trying not to let the patients problems get to me. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the interaction with the people we work with.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
short hours
The company was good
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin 15May 4, 2013
It was a productive and a good work place, care over every day from other p A ,I learned how to manage with my leader,the hardest part of the job was lifting and transfer the most enjoyable part was helping the leader with dressing.
Pros
yes when on training
Cons
yes when on training
Great work ethic
Care Assistant/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Mullingar, WHAugust 18, 2014
Working mostly in the centre with the service users, caring for cleaning, dressing and socializing, helping with games and on the mini buses, clamping, hoisting etc, great environment to work in well managed.