Irish Wheelchair Association Employee Reviews

Great expereince
Social Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Limerick8 October 2016
Completed my Second-year placement with this organization and it provided invaluable experience in relation to the tools a Social Care Worker will require to work in this section of the industry. from life skill implementation to empowerment and self-confidence building.
Pros
experience
Difficult job in hospitality
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin Ireland3 October 2016
Extremely difficult job looking after a lady with multiple sclerosis, performing her daily tasks while dealing with her frustration. Wouldn't change a thing about it. Becoming apart of a team and helping to assist a lady that couldn't move a muscle in her body was both challenging and highly rewarding.
The hardest part was dealing with the lady when she got highly frustrated but I could understand the level of difficulty she was having.
The best part was getting to know her and becoming very close with her as well as developing a good team relationship with the other people around me.
Fun Workplace
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin 325 August 2016
If l am suppose to work for Irish Wheelchair again and again l will do just that all my years working with the organisation was enjoyable and interestingly salary was very okay trainees was very highly motivating skills to improve every employees which is so impressives
Pros
not really
Passion for Life
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin10 July 2016
Caring People
Fun loving Clients
Great Place to work

Working at Irish wheel Chair is a great experience and I have the opportunity of working with great people.
EA to CEO, Meetings & Events Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin23 June 2016
Great staff - everyone I work with is really lovely and all work very hard.
It can be tough at times, with funding cuts- but in spite of that, the company have worked very hard to develop excellent policies &procedures and treat their staff very well.
I am mainly office based, a typical day would be spent in meetings or on site visits to assess venues for accessibilty - for potential events.
Best part of the job is seeing people of all abilities enjoying an event I've arranged, knowing that because of the work the company does, and my contribution to that, that we are creating a society that everyone can feel included in.
Pros
Feeling that your work means something
Cons
Limited promotional opportunities
Helpful workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Dublin Newcastle30 May 2016
A typical day of work is great as looking after people can be fun and you get to learn about their backgrounds and their culture and help them with their needs. I have learned how to care for the elderly with needs. I am also able to manage my time knowing when I have to do specific things at specific times. The people I worked with were really helpful showing me around the place and they also taught me how to use most of the equipment.
Pros
Hygenic
Cons
Better understanding of people who live with a disability.
Programme Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford city, County Waterford17 May 2016
Meet the bus driver at an agreed location, greet the clients at their home and safely assist them to the bus. At the centre assist with various activities and assist clients with personal care if requested.
Good workplace
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Clontarf, County Dublin7 May 2016
I found all staff to be very polite and helpful. I had a clean working environment and a very good team to work with. The management were very polite and helpful. They carried out there work in a sufficient manner
Pros
good hours
Cons
early start
great place and people to work with
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 April 2016
under took several training cources very frendly people and management to work with
meeting new people from all differant coultures
and walks of life
Pros
close to my home
Cons
only a ce scheme no chance of full time work
Not enough hours to give the position it's potential
Programme Assistant, Administration (Former Employee) –  Galway7 March 2016
The job is an important one to me as I assist the Irish Wheelchair Association in their endeavours to promote independence and equality for persons with physical and sensory disabilities.
Apart from everyday tasks and routines, no two days are the same.
There is a constant demand from our service users for information, advice and assistance.
My colleagues are a great help to me in providing those needs and I have learned a great deal from them.
Health & Safety is probably the hardest part of my job, but it is a very important part of the organisation's work for the health & safety of our service users and my colleagues, so every aspect has to be reviewed regularly.
The most enjoyable part is when we can relax with the service users, they are great company despite their hardships.
Whats going on for the IWA
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clontarf, D28 November 2015
Flexible working day, morning and evening work mainly. Suitable to someone looking for part time hours although full time can be attained over time.
Pros
Pick and choose your own hours
Cons
Not enough day work.
Fun Workplace with Great Employees
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland1 November 2015
At IWA I helped work with disabled individuals to work out in both group sessions and individual sessions. I also helped with children's camps to play sports with both able-bodied individuals and disabled individuals.
Eventful work
Career (Former Employee) –  Tuam14 October 2015
Was different everyday very hard work but i did love it. I was in the kitchen in the day room.we also would oraganise events for outing.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Pay
Dynamic and enjoyable workplace
Programme Assistant Driver (Current Employee) –  Tipperary28 June 2015
Collect and return service users to and from their houses each day and assist in delivering activities on a daily and weekly basis
excellent work place
social care student on placement (Former Employee) –  kilkenny15 February 2015
During my work experience I have learnt how to work as a team and efficiently using my own knowledge and any available.Iworked in the day centre, assisting wheelchair users who are disable with their daily activities.The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the difference you where making to peoples lives.It was a rewarding job. I learned a lot working as part of a team
Great place to work.
Office Administration and Reception (Former Employee) –  Blackrock, C26 November 2014
Typical day at work was answering phone.Checking e-mails and replying to same.Co workers were great to work with and as with management were very helpful.
Pros
Great atmosphere.
Enjoyed helping the Service useurs
Programme Assistant/Office Admin &Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Leitrim, NIR16 September 2014
It was a great opportunity to work with people who had disabilities as made me realise how much we all take for granted.
Great work ethic
Care Assistant/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Mullingar, WH18 August 2014
Working mostly in the centre with the service users, caring for cleaning, dressing and socializing, helping with games and on the mini buses, clamping, hoisting etc, great environment to work in well managed.
Typical Work Day
Core Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Clontarf, D8 July 2014
Usually start work at 8.00am. Handover from night staff . Wash dress and toilet guests and bring them down to the dining room for breakfast.They decide what will happens on any given day. We usually have guests staying who are similar in age and interests. The Hospice only caters for 6 guests at a time This could be cinema, museums, shopping, the zoo, literary events. We usually eat out at lunch time. Come back to the Hospice. Some of the guests might want to rest, use the bathroom, have drinks. We settle them in the sitting room or their own rooms and the afternoon shift starts at 4.00pm. .
Pros
Taking part in outings to activities I would'nt usually attend
Cons
If all the guests have severe disabilities
A well run company with great staff doing a great job
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tralee, KY18 May 2014
Great company to work for but when you are on a CE/ scheme you have the qualification but you are working for nothing.Why I do this job is to see the smile on the clients face when a task is completed It is worth it.
Pros
Great staff doing a great job every day
Cons
there are no cons in this job

4.3