Irish Wheelchair Association

Irish Wheelchair Association Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Considering it was a private residency where I worked, the IWA looked after me well they could not get a replacement job for me so was made redundant
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Dublin, DFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: time management was well managed. felt at home always.
Cons: the wait for treatment or ambulance if ever my leader suddenly fell sick
The typical day at work for me was great. It was so challenging. My leader taught me to manage my job my time. I learnt to be comfortable with strangers as there were many people in the health department who came to do their work, nurses, doctors. Ots, physiotherapists, etc. The co-workers worked with me so well. The hardest part of the job was when – more... she had to be admitted to hospital. She felt very very uncomfortable and I had to work from hospital. The job was so enjoyable most of the times. A lot of knowledge was acquired in the job it was always enjoyable whenever a job was done well and it was appreciated by her and the IWA. – less
The company was good
Care Assistant (Former Employee), Dublin 15May 4, 2013
Pros: yes when on training
Cons: yes when on training
It was a productive and a good work place, care over every day from other p A ,I learned how to manage with my leader,the hardest part of the job was lifting and transfer the most enjoyable part was helping the leader with dressing.
I enjoy working with people and am interested in part time work
Personal Assistant (Current Employee), WexfordNovember 7, 2012
Pros: meeting people
Cons: short hours
Showering, hoisting, dressing, and providing breakfast to patients in their own home. I learned Communication Skills and enjoy working with my co workers and working as a team. The hardest part of the job would be trying not to let the patients problems get to me. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the interaction with the people we work with.
Excellent Place to work
Bus Driver/Carer (Current Employee), ArklowAugust 31, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Members Avail of the IWA services its a very rewarding job the Management are very professional your contribution is very important to the team