Kelly Services Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Found 12 reviews matching the search See all 9,706 reviews
Worst place ever
Operative (Former Employee) –  Galway20 July 2017
Stay away from medronic as an agency worker for Kelly's recruitment. You will be bullied from day one while medronic staff stand around laughing at you.you will be promised a contract that will never come.they have people on week to week contracts for three years with no medronic benefits at the moment worst company I have ever worked with
Pros
Cons
Treated like second class
Stay well away - bullying is ongoing- not dealth with
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath22 June 2017
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK - bullied, which was brought to the Supervisors attention and she did nothing , it was also brought to Kelly Services attention ( ATHLONE) and SHE did nothing.

WHAT I LEARNED- how my attention to detail of tubes been made will save a persons life.

MANAGEMENT - My Supervisor was not not helpful , she allowed bullying and made sure my contract was terminated , that's what she does to agency staff if MEDTRONIC staff approach her . That s her answer- get rid of the AGENCY WORKER and keep the MALLINCROFT, TYCO, COVIDIEN, MEDTRONIC STAFF" Happy".

WORK PLACE CULTURE - THEY SAY THEY HAVE A NO LANGUAGE POLICY ,does not exist , work there and you will be speaking Russian in no time .

HARDEST PART OF THE JOB - the staff that chose not to speak English and the Bullying Supervisor that lost me a job and put me back on the social welfare.

THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB - I liked the work
Pros
Wages, Breaks
Cons
Out with the old supervisors, Mgt, In with new
Horrible experience
Product builder/production line (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath13 June 2017
Worked in Medtronic on a production line making medical device products. Agency staff are not treated equally by anyone in there. The agency workers are looked down upon because they are on good wages and the Medtronic staff do not think agency workers deserve a good wage or a wage almost as good as them. You are a temporary blow-in and nothing more. Also bullying is a massive issue in there in which Kelly Services were made aware of did nothing about it. The only good thing about that place is the wages. I couldn't wait to get another just to get out of it. My advice....run a mile, sometimes money isn't always worth it
Pros
Wages
Quiet and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Galway15 June 2016
The workplace was quiet enough to not be disturbed while working, yet enough to be fun and productive at the same time. It provided with a lot of experience in the customer support. When there was some struggle, management provided us with advice or help if needed be, but preferred to give guidance as to help us grow.
Pros
well timed brakes and good benefits
Cons
short-term contract
excllent place to work
General Operative (Current Employee) –  Cork Town, County Cork8 March 2016
meeting new people working in a team great experance.good gmp pratices,great team leaders and superivers very easy to get along with
Interesting and fun
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Waterville Co Kerry26 March 2015
Working with farm machinery, tractors , JCBs, silage machinery and also cars and vans.I learned how to change oil and diseal filtters. The co-workers were very helpful , they showed me around the garge. it was very enjoyble because iv great interest in mechanics.
Pros
Good expericence
Cons
Only there for a week.
great place to work
Product Builder (Current Employee) –  Stryker Cork24 December 2014
Excellent company to work for. During my time with Stryker through Kellys Services I have garnered new skills and experiences which will serve me well irregardless of industry.
Skill such as EH&S auditing and audit readiness, Lean manufacturing, 5s and risk reduction process improvement skills and manual handling courses.
shop assistant (Former Employee) –  WD31 October 2013
Dealing with customers ensuring they got the best customer care at all times.
I am a competent sales person and undertook my duties with enthusiasm
My responsibility included input and pricing of the fashion merchandise for the Epos computer system.
All the window displays and interior shop displays.
We the staff worked with a great team relationship.
The hardest part of job not enough hours in the day.
Most enjoyable was my displays which i did to a high standard and always creative.
I enjoyed meeting the customers many whom I became friends with and would return each time they needed something special.
Pros
good work envoirment
Cons
no cons
exciting and challenging role
production operative with Boston Scientific (Current Employee) –  Cork14 November 2012
I have learned so much from working in a clean room manufacturing environment. I was trained up in many different stations within the clean room and enjoyed being flexible to help out where and when required. I thoroughly enjoy being part of a team and also working on my own initiative while also gaining vital experience each day.
Pros
gaining experience on mant different stations
Cons
no gaurantee of a permanent position
O.K. to work for short term
Product Builder for Boston Scientific (Former Employee) –  Cork16 October 2012
Kelly Services placed me at Boston Scientific as a Product Builder so therefore I can only comment on Boston Scientific as a work place. The work was varied so the 10 hour shift passed quickly. It was interesting working in a company that manufactures medical devices and working in a cleanroom enviroment, the attension to detail & manufacturing proceedures appeared intense at first, but it became second nature. Because of the products we were building the importance to detail and proceedure were extremely important. I was able to approach Management with any issues I had and I found them very helpful and supportive. My co-workers were also very helpful and supportive and there was a great teamwork atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was the size of the product, the parts are very small, but with good training I soon overcame that difficulty. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that the products I was building were going to save peoples lives!
Pros
good working atmosphere. fantastic co-workers. great place to work
Cons
there were payment errors made by kelly services
Kellys in Boston
general opertive (Former Employee) –  cork27 June 2012
I really liked working in Boston Scientific and would have been happy to stay there long term.
Pros
good parking
Cons
only 11 month contract