KPMG Employee Reviews

Pressured environment
Senior Audit Trainee (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 April 2017
Working with people my own age and in similar situations provided relief from what was overall a pressured and stressful environment.
Work-life balance or staff well-being is not a high priority in this company.
I was lucky to have some positive experiences with my own bosses but I was ill due to stress frequently.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Long hours, bad management, stressful
For the short time i spent there everyone was very welcoming
Interned beside Robert Hussey (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 March 2017
I was there for a short time but work I partook in was very interesting and fulfilling. People in the office were very friendly and willing to help out. Would recommend to someone who is looking for a job within the accountancy industry.
Skills & Culture
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 February 2017
This company adapts a very supportive culture that encourages innovation, progression and learning. I developed new communication and IT skills within this company that I can carry further in my career. I admire the hard-working culture they encourage, where time and effort is always rewarded and morale is high.
General Day
IT Manager / Projects Africa (Current Employee) –  Parktown, Gauteng16 January 2017
Work for KPMG has really shown me a lot and I have learnt a lot while being here, I was given the opportunity to show what I am capable of and was quickly noticed.

Co-workers are always friendly and good to work with.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Some weekend work
Good training firm
Audit Senior, Financial Services Audit (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland13 January 2017
Good company to apply to if you are looking to obtain your accounting or audit qualification. Good support systems in place and many colleagues will be going through the same process.
Busy, productive, well treated staff
Team Secretary/PA (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 January 2017
I was always treated with respect in KPMG.

I found that everybody got along well together and this is the friendliest place I've ever worked. Great systems in place which meant working there easier.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Good company to work for
Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 May 2016
The company has a good working environment; it is dynamic and provides you with different situations that improve your knowledge.
The co-workers are very supportive and share them expertise when it is necessary.
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Dublin26 April 2016
I like working for KPMG but think it may be time for a change as i like to experience new things
My co workers have all become close friends
Cons
Travel to work
A good place to start your career
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland3 April 2016
I worked here for 4 years as part of my training contract to become a qualified chartered accountant.
It is good for career progression and for meeting different clients.
There were staff shortages at both trainee and management level, so it was difficult to get your work reviewed in a timely manner.
There wasn't a great staff morale a few years ago but it is definitely improving now.
Pros
Good career progression, good training experience
Cons
Long hours in busy season, staff turnover
Big 4 Audit firm
Senior Associate - Energy industry (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland25 January 2015
- Audit of large client engagements
- Learnt how to audit a wide range of industries and manage medium/large audit engagements
- Co workers were great, team orientated people
- The long hours and tight deadlines
- Making great friends and learning from my peers
Pros
People, culture, workin within a wide variety of industries
Cons
Long hours, tight deadlines, trainee salary
Corporate environment
PA/Sec (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D217 November 2014
Excellent place to work. Worked for 6 years as PA/Sec in a busy department for 7 people directly but to entire department as whole when necessary (around 40 people). Typing, diary management, travel arrangements, email maintenance, file maintenance, powerpoint presentations, printing and preparing reports. Using MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint daily.
very enjoyable
spreadsheet and filling assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin North, D23 October 2014
all fello employees were very helpful as i was new and really go involved in my work with me and went out of there way to assist me in any querys i had
Challenging and fun workplace
Audit Trainee (Current Employee) –  Dublin21 October 2012
• Maintain client relationships at the appropriate level and present a favourable impression of the firm.
• Resolution of accounting/technical issues raised by clients.
• Ensuring members of the audit team communicate, interact and collaborate effectively.
• Act with objectivity, independence and integrity at all times.
• Keep up-to-date with any changes or planned changes to accounting standards, other pronouncements and understand their impact upon the audit strategy.
• Understand, evaluate and test the design and operation of accounting and internal control systems, offering recommendation for any weaknesses noted.
• Provide on-the-job training /assistance to junior members of staff.
• Delegate appropriate work to junior members of staff and review their work in a structured format.
• Provide timely feedback to partner / manager in relation to ongoing job performance with a view to avoiding surprises.
• Prepare and critically review statutory accounts to ensure they fully meet company law and financial reporting requirements (IFRS/US GAAP/Irish GAAP).
Excellent to work for and loved every day working there
Qualified Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 June 2012
Brilliant company to work for. I was fortunate enough to get great experience in the areas of Audit and Advisory and the insight this gave me was invaluable.