Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Not what expected
Sales and Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cork18 December 2017
Poor salary, poor management, but nice colleagues, very supportive. The HR team is not that helpful. Though, it was still a good time working there. Too many calls
Pros
Hotels discount/job location
Cons
poor management
Empresa multicultural, de fácil integração e com ambiente profissional muito apelativo.
Assistente a Clientes (Former Employee) –  Cork, Irlanda11 December 2017
Um dia comum de trabalho consistia em estar em contacto com clientes por telefone e por email, apartir do meu proprio posto de trabalho nas instalações da empresa.
A maior aprendizagem que obtive desta experiência profissional foi a aptidão em comunicar com qualquer tipo de cliente, de diversas nacionalidades, e a facilidade em expressar-me devidamente de acordo com as minhas funções.
To many calls
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Cork8 November 2017
I am currently working for Marriott international, I really like the staff and working in a multicultural environment, but in the english line i receive around 80 calls per day, which i believe its to much.
Pros
benefits, environment
Cons
to many calls, salary
Une entreprise fabuleuse
Manager des ventes (Former Employee) –  Irlande12 October 2017
Ayant travaillé 5 ans pour Starwood Hotels and Resorts j'ai évolué à de nombreux postes à décisions. J'ai eu des opportunités exceptionnelles de faire progresser ma carrière et mes compétences.
J'espère que la philosophie restera la même sous Marriott.
Pros
Développement personnel et professionnel.
Cons
On ne sait ce qu'on quitte qu'après l'avoir fait.
Sales & Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cork8 October 2017
The culture and people at Starwood are wonderful - they play as a team and do the right thing for customers. Management are approachable and open to suggestions. Mistakes are genuinely considered as learning opportunities.

Taking calls all day can be gruelling, but there are plenty of opportunities for progression to other duties/roles.
Active and lively workplace
Gym cleaner (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath12 September 2017
I really enjoyed my work experience at the Sheraton Fitness at the hotel. I found that the tasks were quite easy to do. I found that the gym staff were very friendly and they gave me clear instructions on what was necessary to do.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
No salary
Great colleagues
Specialist Hotel Assist & Support (Current Employee) –  Cork30 August 2017
whilst working at starwood hotels & resorts I gained valuable customer service skills which helped me in work and as well in my life. I have met some great people from all over the world
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Friends Politics
Fun work place
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cork11 May 2017
Good experience, Fun place to work. Company focused in Customer Quality and Experience. Fantastic location, near of public transportation. Fantastic benefits.
Fun workplace
Commis 1 (Former Employee) –  Asia square tower 217 April 2017
Actually I did learn a lot new things.. like a team work.. if u do wrong but they will teach u again an again.. they are very the friendly... when u don't know anything, can ask them.. they are very the helpful..
Pros
Got canteen food is under tong le
Cons
Long hour got OT
Great people, friendly staff and good manager
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Athlone4 April 2017
Overall its a good place to work but you do work hard when it's busy. Managers are good give tasks and you know what you have to do, they will help you too.

It's geat that its part of the Marriott Group, we got a few cheap holidays and we learned a lot about brand standards! we got lots of training, free meals, free gym and pool. People are friendly and helpful. Lots of families work there.

The hotel is family owned and they are always around, they are nice and friendly too.

It's very social, we have a great Christmas Party and Summer BarbQ and other nights out with the team.

I have made life long frinds in the Sheraton.
Pros
meals, free gym and pool, parking and discounted hotels
Cons
hours can be long but that is in every hotel
Fun and productive
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 February 2017
This multinational hospitality organisation was both fun and challenging with amazing development opportunities.

I had the opportunity to work with the best professionals in the business and learn and lead in this environment.
great people to work with
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath23 February 2017
the best part of this hotel is the people that work there, Majority of people get along which makes the place fun to work in. the downside is that the place is so short staffed. this makes other people work harder and the appreciation is not really there for those people.
Pros
lunch included, complimentary gym.
Cons
long hours with no appreciation for the hard work
Ran like a zoo
Waiting Staff (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath22 February 2017
Too many youngsters who think they know it all. No communication between colleagues. Constantly running out of stuff. This place would turn you off working in hotels.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long unsociable hours
fun place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cork24 November 2016
I loved it, The staff was great and the atmosphere was positive. The reason I left the job was because I was resuming with University. Now I have left my course to figure out what I really want to do in Life.
Pros
small breaks by the hour
Cons
Fun workplace , nice people to meet
Administration and Wholesale Specialist (UK&Irl) (Current Employee) –  Cork3 November 2016
The co workers in my department are great to work with. The management is trying their best but are still some issues which are not solved, also the salaries are not really good.

The most enjoyable part is the team work
Pros
sometimes free coffe. tea
Cons
long hours, no promovations
Productive and enriching workplace
Andministrator, RM System Support (Current Employee) –  Cork26 October 2016
Working at Starwood for over 2 years provided me with extensive knowledge about hotel industry and customer service experience.
Working here is fantastic experience, because of the colleagues.
Sometimes is hard to please the guests, but will always try to help, because guest travel memories' start with us.
Pros
Team colleagues
Day to Day
Telemarketing and Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Cork Fota Island Cork15 September 2016
My time at the hotel was fun because i got to work with people from all over eastern euro zone something you wouldn't see in America to often.
People are the same life styles are different.
Glad to have the experience makes you a better person.
Pros
Free lunches Chance to Advance Most important
Cons
Very long hours Pay could have been better
Fun work environment with great work progression
Bar assistant (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath2 August 2016
In the Sheraton i worked mainly evenings, starting at 5PM and finishing between 2-6AM. I progressed very quickly becoming recognized as a senior member of staff within 6 months and being put in charge of the function bar with 5-10 staff working under me. I found all staff and management to be extremely friendly and good at their job and consider the majority of staff my close personal friends. The hardest part of the job in my eyes was the long hours working into the early hours of the morning and putting in a lot of overtime during busy weeks. The most enjoyable part was the fun to be had with co-workers and customers.
Pros
Fun, Free lunches, excellent staff and room for progression.
Cons
extremely long and unsociable hours.
Great place to learn
Bar Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath27 July 2016
It is a very busy place. staff is very young which is not always good. managment has a problem to appriciate hard working and expirienced staff. the wage is a minimum definietely not enough for the job which they expect you to do. overall it is a fast and busy hotel great place to build your Cv and learn about hospitality
Pros
free lunches employee of the month
productive work place
Hotel Coordinator (Asia Pacific Division+ EAME) (Current Employee) –  Cork20 June 2016
- organizing meetings
- reviewing reports
- analysing data/ results
- setting an action plan for underperforming hotels
- I learned how to manage my own time, deal with strict deadlines
- sending calendar invites
- the hardest part is time difference with North America and Asia Pacific as we are on a different shifts
- the most enjoyable part of my job is having contact with people around the globe
Pros
hotel discounts
Cons
time difference

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

56.9K