Marsh Employee Reviews

Marsh
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IA8 February 2018
The management structure was always changing. The employees were being overworking with little or no appreciation. The annual raises were always low.
No comment
Interim Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL31 January 2018
Due to an agreement I am unable to discuss at this time. However, I will say my experiences were good majority of my years there and they've had longevity with more than half of their colleagues.
Benefits
Cons
Overwhelming workload due to staffing
Great Pay / Benefits - Work Atmosphere is something to be desired
Account Manager/Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO23 January 2018
The pay is what keeps me here. There is no structure, the agency systems don't talk to one another -- Marsh needs to upgrade to an actual Agency Management System, not something designed by Marsh for Marsh, etc. They need a TAM or EPIC. They also need to work on the account structure. Teamwork is not their forte. Client Managers delegate to the Associate Client Managers, the Associate Client Managers delegate to the Insurance Specialists. Marsh is a good company, there just needs to be a redesign of internal structure of the client teams.
Pros
Salary, leave early day before holidays, Pto
Cons
Barely time to take a lunch, lacking teamwork, no direction.
not a good place to work
Overnight Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, IN19 January 2018
Retail is definently pay for what you get it was a horrible job the people there were argumentative and the management played favorites all day long. i would not recomend this for a workplace.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
you do the work no one else wants to do
Slow-paced, no longer existing
Deli/Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN15 January 2018
Work was slow, with a few fast-paced hours a day. Very high employee turnover, mostly students at the store I worked at. Marsh went bankrupt and no longer exists. They were bought by Kroger and another store
Congenial and Collaborative Work Environment Valuing Creativity
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NY15 January 2018
Working with clients and colleagues to address their insurance needs for financial lines of insurance. Many conference calls and meetings. Learned something new every day. Opportunities to develop many professional skills. Highly collaborative and friendly environment. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people who were outstanding.
Pros
The people, innovation valued, opportunities to increase knowledge continously presented.
Cons
Large volume presented challenges at times.
more for a high school student
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IA12 January 2018
A typical day for me was watching the dressing room and my manager was always helpful and making sure everything was okay at times it was boring so we were able to help pick up the clothes and organize. I believe this job is best for high schoolers because there are not many hours available and they didn't accept full time except to managers.
Pros
nice manager
Cons
not many hours
Marsh
Cashier/Deli Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, IN12 January 2018
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here because they went out of business. Being a cashier here was pretty good. There weren;t a lot of rude customers and the other employees were nice.
mostly laid back work place
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, IN6 January 2018
Mainly sliced meat and cheese and prepared and made food. had some really nice customers most of the time. most enjoyable part was working with people. hardest part was cleaning the meat slicers.
Pros
laid back
Cons
The meat slicers were very sharp
coustomer friendly market place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, IN28 December 2017
neighborhood market place setting .you got to know your regular coustomers by namesorry to seeit close it was a conveinant store for the neighborhood management was fair and easy to work for.the employees treated you like family.Store was well organized and easy to find the product you were looking for.
Pros
friendly managers and employees
Cons
store closing hurt the neighborhood
Busy Brokerage Firm
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NY7 December 2017
Marsh offers the lowest compensation package when compared to their competition. There is a thick layer of dysfunctional micromanaging middle managers with no clue as to how to lead, motivate and retain talented young and diverse people. Over the years I saw many good people leave the firm because of it. No matter how many times people complained about this behavior Marsh has done nothing to correct the matter.
Pros
Fun corporate events.
Cons
Low pay, terrible middle managers.
Clerical duties
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJ3 December 2017
Scheduled appointments, answered phones, filed and pulled charts for the following day. Mailed reports to clients and doctors. Assist the technicians with printing out the x-ray film.
Nothing significant
Vice President - Client Advisor - P&C Broker (Current Employee) –  New York, NY21 November 2017
The corporation is moving towards automated platforms. There is an emphasis on younger personnel. Long term career opportunity/growth is no longer a part of the corporate culture.
Marsh Las Vegas losing employees
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV18 November 2017
Client advisors leaving the company for better opportunities, compensation and advancement. Someone should take a look at what's really going on and do something. Stressful environment. Sales pressure. Low morale.
Cons
Do not work at Marsh
Fair work ethics
Senior Administrator in the Power, Energy & Public (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Sandton25 October 2017
1. Provides opportunity for growth especially at middle to senior level.
2. Rewards hard work through advancing education and exposure to business at an international level.
3. Ethical and accomodative/sensitive to cultural diversity.
Pros
Transparent
good Job
Human Resources Coordinator/Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN21 October 2017
I enjoyed my job and time there.
Company went out of business. My job allowed me to work where I was needed in a certain store to get ends met. Overall, as long as I kept on top of thing, the job was not stressful.
Pros
Was able to build my work schedule around 3 store to address what was important, Discount, Vendors often provided free products, Mostly a friendly work environment. I could make my own schedule.
Cons
The company closed.
No longer in business
Equipment Handler/Procurer (Former Employee) –  Muncie, IN17 October 2017
I enjoyed working at Marsh. Especially when it was family owned. but when it was bought out by another company it started to fall apart. we never new when we would get laid off.
Pros
easy job
Cons
uncertainity
pros and cons
Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV17 October 2017
Can be the right place for some people, but really only has one career path that leads to a sales role, at least in the Las Vegas office. Work can be repetitive but challenging at times.
Great Environment
Senior Financial Analyst AVP (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA11 October 2017
Fun company with great work life balance within the finance unit. Had the best manager of my career, whom i still keep in contact with after 15 years.
Great Learning opportunities
Client Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI10 October 2017
Being a global company, there is ample opportunity to learn new skills and meet lots of people in the industry. While work can be stressful, it can still be manageable. As long as management has your back, you control your own destiny
Pros
Leaning opportunities, networking, exposure
Cons
competitive, somewhat stressful, compartmental

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marsh. Our community is ready to answer.