Marsh Employee Reviews

Busy Brokerage Firm
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NY7 December 2017
Marsh offers the lowest compensation package when compared to their competition. There is a thick layer of dysfunctional micromanaging middle managers with no clue as to how to lead, motivate and retain talented young and diverse people. Over the years I saw many good people leave the firm because of it. No matter how many times people complained about this behavior Marsh has done nothing to correct the matter.
Pros
Fun corporate events.
Cons
Low pay, terrible middle managers.
Clerical duties
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJ3 December 2017
Scheduled appointments, answered phones, filed and pulled charts for the following day. Mailed reports to clients and doctors. Assist the technicians with printing out the x-ray film.
Marsh Las Vegas losing employees
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV18 November 2017
Client advisors leaving the company for better opportunities, compensation and advancement. Someone should take a look at what's really going on and do something. Stressful environment. Sales pressure. Low morale.
Cons
Do not work at Marsh
Fair work ethics
Senior Administrator in the Power, Energy & Public (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Sandton25 October 2017
1. Provides opportunity for growth especially at middle to senior level.
2. Rewards hard work through advancing education and exposure to business at an international level.
3. Ethical and accomodative/sensitive to cultural diversity.
Pros
Transparent
good Job
Human Resources Coordinator/Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN21 October 2017
I enjoyed my job and time there.
Company went out of business. My job allowed me to work where I was needed in a certain store to get ends met. Overall, as long as I kept on top of thing, the job was not stressful.
Pros
Was able to build my work schedule around 3 store to address what was important, Discount, Vendors often provided free products, Mostly a friendly work environment. I could make my own schedule.
Cons
The company closed.
No longer in business
Equipment Handler/Procurer (Former Employee) –  Muncie, IN17 October 2017
I enjoyed working at Marsh. Especially when it was family owned. but when it was bought out by another company it started to fall apart. we never new when we would get laid off.
Pros
easy job
Cons
uncertainity
pros and cons
Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV17 October 2017
Can be the right place for some people, but really only has one career path that leads to a sales role, at least in the Las Vegas office. Work can be repetitive but challenging at times.
Great Environment
Senior Financial Analyst AVP (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA11 October 2017
Fun company with great work life balance within the finance unit. Had the best manager of my career, whom i still keep in contact with after 15 years.
Great Learning opportunities
Client Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI10 October 2017
Being a global company, there is ample opportunity to learn new skills and meet lots of people in the industry. While work can be stressful, it can still be manageable. As long as management has your back, you control your own destiny
Pros
Leaning opportunities, networking, exposure
Cons
competitive, somewhat stressful, compartmental
company went under
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Muncie, IN27 September 2017
company is no longer in business so it is difficult to comment on may of these survey questions. I served in many roles there thru the years and was disappointed to see it go.
Excellent
Insurance Broker (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJ24 September 2017
The insurance industry is difficult, but Marsh is a very good place to work. The people are smart. There is a lot of teamwork. The best part of the job, is to find a person who is a veteran of Johnson & Higgins, who they acquired in 1997. These people are the best.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Difficult industry in general
Work Day
Private Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV23 September 2017
My typical day included servicing and growing my book of business. I was responsible for maintaining my activities and making daily sales calls. I was also responsible for providing exceptional service.
Licensing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH19 September 2017
Marsh is a great place to work with great benefits. We have a relaxed yet professional atmosphere. Friendly work environment & great benefits. I would recommend to anyone interested in working in the insurance industry.
It is pretty much what you would expect for night stalk
Night Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN18 September 2017
I enjoyed not having to talk with people. The work was relaxing most of the time, and it was decent pay for what it was. I would go back for a part time position if I had to.
Good job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI6 September 2017
I liked working here, but it was only a "temp," position so every 3 months they had to ask for permission to keep me hired on for another 3 months etc...
Pros
Good People
Cons
Could never get on permanent
Periodo en prácticas. 380 horas.
Gestionar correos electrónicos (Former Employee) –  Madrid, Madrid6 September 2017
Ambiente muy agradable y compañerismo. No puedo valorar más al estar en periodo de prácticas.
Pros
Periodo de prácticas. No poder valorar
Cons
Periodo de prácticas. No poder valorar.
Not a bad place
Stockman (Former Employee) –  Muncie, IN2 September 2017
The job at marsh wasn't bad or the pay. I got some vacation time once a year. The people was OK at least to work with or talk to. I just had to move out of state.
Laid back and friendly co-workers, got to wear jeans on Fridays
Broker's Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL1 September 2017
Working for Marsh was very enjoyable. My Manager was down to earth. I got alone with everyone. Grab bags for the holiday, when your birthday come around you get to choose where you wanted to eat. At meetings we had free lunch.
Pros
Free lunch at meetings
Cons
Short breaks
Pathetic training with unrealistic expectations
Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VA24 August 2017
Very poor and unclear training. No support from management and coworkers. Cut throat work environment. No compensation for working out of town over weekends and long hours outside of normal business days. No holiday bonuses. Christmas gift to employees was a cloth duffle bag. Trainers and peers offered no information. I was hired as an IT position and Marsh insisted I perform Insurance tasks then wanted to constantly threaten my job. Extremely stressful. Think twice before considering this company. Coworkers will throw you under the bus to make themselves earn more credit. Lousy company.
Pros
Nada
Cons
Marsh
Low salary but good benefits.
PCA (Former Employee) –  Taguig24 August 2017
Low salary but good benefits. Comfortable working with colleagues. Hopefully, they add more people in their business to have smoother process and good quality of service.
Pros
Free Dinner
Cons
Need to render Over time almost everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marsh. Our community is ready to answer.