Martin-Brower Employee Reviews

Not a place I'd want my family or friends to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TX7 February 2017
I worked for MB in Conroe for approximately 3 years. In the beginning things seemed great, but I quickly learned that the management was extremely incompetent. My manager expected me to work long hours (evenings and weekends). This made life raising a young family very hard. The more you give to this company the more they will demand from you. The ONLY thing I miss about working here are the benefits that I had, but they weren't enough to keep me there. I quit voluntarily and it was the best decision I could have made for myself and my family,
Benefits
Cons
Hours, disorganized, unnecessarily stressful
Dont come here
Warehouse Personnel (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TX13 February 2017
Bad DC to work for! Management is bad they don't take care of their people. We went from best DC to worst DC. GM and Warehouse Manager need to be replaced and on top of that benefits suck, raises suck, communication from management suck, inventory sucks big time and always firing people! When I was there in a 2 year time frame I seen abt 100 people come and go. Oh yea I forgot it's alot of race issues going on as well, alot of favoritism from leads and certain supervisors! Glad I left this place!! Don't regret it one bit!

READ THIS CAREFULLY DON'T APPLY!!!!
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
Benefits suck! Raises Suck! Management suck!!!!!!!!!!
Mismanaged
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AR19 July 2016
In the beginning this company was very much a tight family. They continue to take advantage of their employees. Not take feedback from their employees, and push employees to the breaking point. You are held to a standard of accuracy that most people can not do (99.99%) and the selection standards are not accurate either.
The company health benefits are horrible. You top out on pay after 1year ($18.95 for night shift selectors) Management is lazy.

The HR department doesn't hold management accountable for employee complaints. The training is horrible. If you call in sick they take your PTO from you (dont ask just pay you for it, and write you up)
They have mandatory meetings that are not conveiant to the night shift hours, and if you miss them you are wrote up.

Equipment is old and run down.
Pros
PTO adds up quickly
Cons
Health care, Hours, Management, No advancement
Great place to work!
Selector (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CT17 April 2016
I've been working as a selector for almost a year and I really enjoy this job. Management leaves you alone as long as you meet the production standards for selection. Lots of opportunities for over time both mandatory and voluntary. Great health benefits. Great holiday pay. The early out program allows us to finish what is expected of us in less than the standard time but leave early and get paid for the full time... (Ex 8hours of work finished in 6 still get paid the full 8). The work is hard but not unbearable. Currently we are understaffed in the warehouse so basically every day the last several months have been mandatory 2 hours overtime. If your on the 10hour/4 day schedule, that's 4 12 hour days which can be very tiring. I would prefer the 8hour/5 day schedule and would have choose that our last bid had I known every day would be mandatory 2. However having three days is nice. Management and HR have an open door policy and they are really easy to talk to. The attendance policy is pretty lenient you are allowed 7 call outs/leave early/ arrive lates within a rolling 1 year period.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, great work out.
Worst place to work at!
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Orlando ,FL10 August 2016
Working for the company for 15 years.Seniority don't mean a thing. Employees that don't know the duties of a warehouse selector are being hired as lean men. In there you have to really kiss up to get somewhere in the company. Safety, they talk so much about it they make it seem like they care but they really don't care only when OSHA comes. The only bonus we used to get was the safety bonus and they just took it away because supposedly OSHA said" it was against the law"so they said... We haven't gotten a raise in years the only ones that get raises are the truck drivers and they get all the perks like they get bottles of Dasani water God forbid they catch us taking one while we can only get water from the fountain. There always changing up the system so they say to make the job easier but what their doing is making it harder everyday. The suspensions are given not by the wrong doing but by how much they like you. I know a guy who ran over another employee's ankle and broke it he didn't get suspended then not even weeks later another one made a whole in a wall and they gave him a full week suspension. It goes by who they like not by being fair of the wrong doing.We work six days seven days straight.If were late better stay home and not come to work because it will count like an absent.Hard working employees don't get recognized.One employee tried to get a job for his son to work a different shift and they told him no when they have everybody and there wife's ,relatives working there.
Pros
Can't think of any...
Cons
No quality time with our loved ones because wete tiered.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Saint Johns, MI11 May 2016
Great place to work. Good and caring coworkers and management. It offers great advancement opportunities, full time status and benefits. One downfall is it is a 24/7 operation and may require some weekends.
Great environment
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, TX19 February 2017
Every job has its flaws but pay is great just long hours good working environment co-workers and management are all pretty cool guys
Not a good place to work if you're looking for charisma
WAREHOUSE LABORER (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CT19 November 2016
Overall the place is an alright place to be employed, but do not expect to make any friends here. This place is extremely strict and job security isn't always a guarantee.
Pros
Decent Hours
Cons
Everything else.
Who is running this company
I was interviewed (Former Employee) –  Harriman ny24 October 2016
I only interviewed but decided not to accept what was offered. First thing was the interview. Done by a girl who belonged in a tattoo parlor. She was texting throughout the interview. She claimed she pretty much runs the place. The job was basically setting up orders to be loaded on the trucks. The hours was an afternoon shift and working until the job is completed. Maybe is was the way it was explained that turned me off. I wonder what the rest of the staff is like. This person should not be doing interviews. I would think there is someone better qualified.
Pros
I found none
Unpaid,overworked,favouritism,Brampton wages or bust
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 July 2016
Very hard labour picking orders and tight time restricts picking and loading trucks. Vancouver is the only MB in Canada at 100% Engineered standards which means if you are below even at 99% they discipline you with letter then letter then 1 day suspension then 2 day suspension then 4 day suspension then termination. Rampant favouritism by the warehouse management some just push papers or work on load builds at the same rate of pay if mgmt likes you and supervisors make deals with some pickers that suck up to help them to cheat the system to hit the 100% while the rest of us work honest and hard. Lots of weekend work. And we found out Brampton MB pays their warehousemen the most and they are not on engineered standards and their dispatches and pick orders are late but in Vancouver we get paid less than them and hit the production targets and dispatch times. Unpaid fairly for the work we do. Brampton wages or bust!
Pros
10 hour shifts, pension and benefit plan, union job security, this job will keep you in shape, boot allowance, 10 sick days after 3 years but you will need them!
Cons
Underpaid, bad morale, hard work picking, management only say they care about safety. Brampton wages or bust!
Not fun
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire16 February 2017
Lack real management, was not a fun place to work threatening behavior from managers pay was the only good thing about this place aswell as it was a local place to work wouldn't recommend this company for people to work
Pros
Local
Cons
Managerment
A good company looking for change and grow
Inventory Planner (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 August 2016
A company with long history in its industry, stable and well organized. Senior management is looking for change and growth opportunity with some aggressive goals. The work load is moderate, but the culture is a little conservative.
Company is closed
Warehouse supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR29 September 2016
The operations manager was OK, the warehouse manager was terrified he would be fired. He kept a pipe in his office and when a driver would come in for a delivery, he would take the pipe and slap it into his other hand while they talked to the secretary.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
The worst place to work in the world.
Job security
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CA26 October 2016
Good pay. For an honest days work. Three shifts, possible advancement incinerator same problems every day trucks not arriving on time to stock warehouse causes problems.
Good pay but thats it
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OH26 August 2016
Can make great money here but you will never see your family your on call 24/7 split days off
The management is horrible and don't care about anything you have going on in your life they would expect you to miss your mother's funeral to run a route
I worked at the Fairfield oh dc and out of all the jobs I've ever had this one by far had the worst management and HR department
Pros
Money
Cons
Will not have a life other than working
Not for the weak minded
Selector/Loader (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TX20 February 2017
First off, every one bashing MB about the long hours and hard work, never get to see your family. That's a bunch of BS. Yeah it's hard work but it's a job!!! Show up, work, leave. End of story. Mb pays well and it's a competive environment. There's always someone pushing you. It's definitely not a job for the weak. But Boss up.
Pros
Regular pay plus performance pay
Food Distribution
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LA13 December 2016
Martin Browser work day is a strong and exciting adventure. Food business is no joke dealing with all up's and downs. Managers and co-workers outstanding people to work for. Getting truck drivers to understand policies and procedures of food business.Knowing that i achieve my duties and serving my customers internal and external.
fun place to work
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OH28 October 2016
Safely build pallets, cart or cages of product for loading and delivery to our customer.Select product safely with a high degree of accuracy.Safely maneuver motorized material handling equipment.Meet or exceed productivity standards.Utilize various technologies or software, such as VoCollect and Syntellic.Any other duties as assigned
Excellent Job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK31 January 2017
A typical day is an 8 to 10 hour trip to Fort Worth and back. Very easy job. Pays well at 1100 to 1300 a wk.Great pay and work environment. You will work odd hours but no more than 50 hours a week.
Great Environment
Operations Assistant/DEO (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VA 201095 January 2017
There is a variety of people here and very easy going and we all work as a team. The company has points such as MB Points for each employee to buy things online for their own use.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Work Hours/Shifts 24/7

2.9