Martin Brower Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work at, good pay
Order Picker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 28, 2016
Learning how to pack a skid, and operate the appropriate machinery. It is engaging and pays well however the job requires you to work 10 hour shifts
hard work
Order Selector (Current Employee), Hamilton, OHApril 17, 2016
Pros: pay
Cons: people
This job includes lifting heavy boxes all day Until you get done. You rarely only work an 8 hour day. Unless maybe you don't break. God forbid you get put in the freezer.. Everything freezes.
a very good company to work for
CPC Instructor / Driver Trainer (Current Employee), Stand, UKApril 11, 2016
Pros: free meals
Cons: none
there is no typical days as you deliver to different store each day,i've learnt to always be polite to everyone you meet when delivering to the stores ,the managers where always there to help you if you had any problems . My co-workers where friendly and helpfull if you need to no how to get somewhere that you have not been too,there was no part that was hard ,doing the job correctly and making the client happy
The worst job I had in 40yrs of working
Class 1 delivery driver (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 24, 2016
Pros: Free big Macs, yuk
Cons: To get ahead in this company you need to suck c@ck
Horrible people ,"co-workers" are selfish a holes .One week I earned $300 a week because another driver wanted to do extra overtime so I suffered for it
Fun working place with free lunch sometimes
Admin clerk (Former Employee), Shah AlamMarch 15, 2016
Pros: Free lunches sometimes
I had a very good experience working in MARTIN BROWER.

The working hours will be 8.30am - 5pm, which is a normal working hours and its less stressful..I got to learn a lot about how to key-in data and computer skills..Other than that, the management was very good over there n my co-workers were very helpful..They helped me to adjust myself with the working environment over there very well..They were more like a family rather than to be stated as co-workers. There is nothing hard in the part of the job as i will be always monitored and assist by my chief manager n the other co-workers. Therefore, I never had any problem during the 3 months contract n I really enjoyed working there..The most enjoyable part of the job will be store check which will be held once a month..Its really very much fun in checking the things in the storage..Overall I had a very good experience working there and I assume to get such a job again in the future..
Great Workplace
Restaurant Supply Planning (Demand Planning) (Current Employee), Shah AlamMarch 14, 2016
it was a great experience and you can learn many thing in this company especially in SCM.

The management also very understand and they teach us with minimise supervisor. My co worker also very good and team work for any issues.

the hardest part of job when delivery the result sometimes do not meet the expectation due to environment changing,

the most enjoyable is when we achieve to delivery the job very well to client,
worse place to work
former employee (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2016
Pros: There is nothing good except hourly wages.
Cons: favoritism culture. extremely cold freezer, very heavy lifting
I have worked several warehouses but I found this is one of the worse warehouse I have ever worked. Management always squeezes you to work in very tight schedule. They will never ever appreciate your hard work. If you make one mistake they will treat you like criminal. Work environment is worse. They treat you from your looks not from your work. If they like you they will give you easiest jobs even if you do not deserve. This company has real favoritism culture.
very fun place with co-workers
Driver (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: dedicated runs
Cons: 7 day operation different start times
just did my job,,,never a complaint,got along well with fellow employees,,,had consecutive days off worked 4 days a week 10 to 14 hrs a day,,,good equipment,,lived well from working here exersize,,,,see different stores not always the same which I like..
Great workplace and environment
Loader/Selector (Former Employee), Nlr, ARFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Large paychecks
Cons: Long hours
Come in for daily meeting. Start loading carts onto truck with walkie rider pallet jacks. Learned how to use walkie rider pallet jacks. Everyone there was great to work with. Sometimes we would work from 6am - 9pm when busy.
nil
Warehouse, Order Picker, Loading Trailers (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Pros: nil
Cons: nil
Various hours weekly
Picking orders or loading trucks or working in warehouse doing various jobs as required.
Union company and was not high enough on seniority listing to have a steady shift.
An enjoyable but extremely physical place to work
POWER-JACK OPERATOR/ORDER PICKER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 10, 2016
Pros: Helpful coworkers, encouraging superiors and a great wage
Cons: early mornings, physically demanding and dusty
Every day I started at 5:30 AM would punch in and then take a checklist of necessary check overs needed for the Power-Jack I would be using for that day. After topping up battery and completing the necessary inspections I would sign into the Vocollect voice pick headset and also sign in on the picking program on the computer. Once the program and the headset were sync'd I would grab to pallets and begin building my skids for shipment.

Once I had reached the end of the task at hand I was to shrink wrap the order and place it in it's proper position on the loading dock in accordance to the load diagram. I would repeat this process a few times over the course of the day until the last 15 or 20 minutes of my shift and then I would finish what I was working on and begin sanitation (clean up) until the end of my shift.
A good company but not great pay masters
Inventory Planner (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Martin Brower is a great organisation to work with good people, warm culture and open door policies.

However, like any organisations, there are some areas of improvement. Its not one of the best pay masters with salaries just below market standards. Some policies are absurd,eg. employee referral schemes which are in place on on books.
Nice fast paced environment
Professional Warehouseman (Current Employee), Dickson, TNDecember 7, 2015
Pros: Free meals
Cons: long strenuous hours
Solid workplace with a fair management team. The distribution side of the job is production based. The Martin Brower team is awesome. A solid group of individuals all working together to accomplish goals passed down from the management team.
Corporate bullying was general practice
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), Hemel Hempstead, ENGDecember 2, 2015
Never work here! Corporate bullying was general practice, underlying prejudice from management towards ''Special people'', females, and other ethnic minorities including the large Polish population, who they revered as hard-working but slated at every chance they had. Constantly threatened with dismissal over ridiculous things, but that was all apart of the way they tried to intimidate. waited over a year for a shift change after medical reports and effortless attempts I always worked hard but was never treated with any respect. you will not get far if you you walk in off of the street. It is ''all about who you know'' words of a Senior Manager. Never Again
okay place to work for
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee), Conroe, TXNovember 19, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: management issue constantly
This is a good company to work for but the Conroe location has big time management issues. There is a new transportation manager every 4-5 months and a lot of new hired drivers that don't last more than a week
fun place, never bored
Inventory Logistics Planner (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 17, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: Long hours
fast paced work place
lots of red tape and politics as expected for a company this size
supply chain supported
treats for birthdays
tyctyk
Warehouseman (Former Employee), Saint Johns, MISeptember 11, 2015
one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen fifteen sixteen seventeen eighteen nineteen twenty
Good Job not flexable on hours
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Port Allen, LAAugust 24, 2015
I Like management and the operation but wasn't flexable on my school schedule. Good coworkers everybody was friendly. Pay was good every week starting off but I didn't like how it was based off production.
unhealthy work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), vancouverAugust 21, 2015
As a supervisor for multiple years with this organization I understand the majority of the negative reviews coming from the employees. The company does not look after its people and is always looking for a revolving door. Wouldn't reccomend this place if your on the market for a new job.
Solid Employer
WAREHOUSE OPERATIONS MANGER (Current Employee), Fridley, MNAugust 12, 2015
Company takes good care of their employees. Solid recognition and compensation. Would recommend to others. Customer focused. Good benefits.