Martin Brower Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great workplace and environment
Loader/Selector (Former Employee), Nlr, ARFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Large paychecks
Cons: Long hours
Come in for daily meeting. Start loading carts onto truck with walkie rider pallet jacks. Learned how to use walkie rider pallet jacks. Everyone there was great to work with. Sometimes we would work from 6am - 9pm when busy.
nil
Warehouse, Order Picker, Loading Trailers (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Pros: nil
Cons: nil
Various hours weekly
Picking orders or loading trucks or working in warehouse doing various jobs as required.
Union company and was not high enough on seniority listing to have a steady shift.
An enjoyable but extremely physical place to work
POWER-JACK OPERATOR/ORDER PICKER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 10, 2016
Pros: Helpful coworkers, encouraging superiors and a great wage
Cons: early mornings, physically demanding and dusty
Every day I started at 5:30 AM would punch in and then take a checklist of necessary check overs needed for the Power-Jack I would be using for that day. After topping up battery and completing the necessary inspections I would sign into the Vocollect voice pick headset and also sign in on the picking program on the computer. Once the program and the headset were sync'd I would grab to pallets and begin building my skids for shipment.

Once I had reached the end of the task at hand I was to shrink wrap the order and place it in it's proper position on the loading dock in accordance to the load diagram. I would repeat this process a few times over the course of the day until the last 15 or 20 minutes of my shift and then I would finish what I was working on and begin sanitation (clean up) until the end of my shift.
A good company but not great pay masters
Inventory Planner (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Martin Brower is a great organisation to work with good people, warm culture and open door policies.

However, like any organisations, there are some areas of improvement. Its not one of the best pay masters with salaries just below market standards. Some policies are absurd,eg. employee referral schemes which are in place on on books.
Nice fast paced environment
Professional Warehouseman (Current Employee), Dickson, TNDecember 7, 2015
Pros: Free meals
Cons: long strenuous hours
Solid workplace with a fair management team. The distribution side of the job is production based. The Martin Brower team is awesome. A solid group of individuals all working together to accomplish goals passed down from the management team.
Corporate bullying was general practice
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), Hemel Hempstead, ENGDecember 2, 2015
Never work here! Corporate bullying was general practice, underlying prejudice from management towards ''Special people'', females, and other ethnic minorities including the large Polish population, who they revered as hard-working but slated at every chance they had. Constantly threatened with dismissal over ridiculous things, but that was all apart of the way they tried to intimidate. waited over a year for a shift change after medical reports and effortless attempts I always worked hard but was never treated with any respect. you will not get far if you you walk in off of the street. It is ''all about who you know'' words of a Senior Manager. Never Again
okay place to work for
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee), Conroe, TXNovember 19, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: management issue constantly
This is a good company to work for but the Conroe location has big time management issues. There is a new transportation manager every 4-5 months and a lot of new hired drivers that don't last more than a week
fun place, never bored
Inventory Logistics Planner (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 17, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: Long hours
fast paced work place
lots of red tape and politics as expected for a company this size
supply chain supported
treats for birthdays
tyctyk
Warehouseman (Former Employee), Saint Johns, MISeptember 11, 2015
one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen fifteen sixteen seventeen eighteen nineteen twenty
Good Job not flexable on hours
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Port Allen, LAAugust 24, 2015
I Like management and the operation but wasn't flexable on my school schedule. Good coworkers everybody was friendly. Pay was good every week starting off but I didn't like how it was based off production.
unhealthy work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), vancouverAugust 21, 2015
As a supervisor for multiple years with this organization I understand the majority of the negative reviews coming from the employees. The company does not look after its people and is always looking for a revolving door. Wouldn't reccomend this place if your on the market for a new job.
Solid Employer
WAREHOUSE OPERATIONS MANGER (Current Employee), Fridley, MNAugust 12, 2015
Company takes good care of their employees. Solid recognition and compensation. Would recommend to others. Customer focused. Good benefits.
fast paced. very physical
delivery driver (Current Employee), coatesvilleJuly 27, 2015
Pros: maintains heath
Cons: different shifts
great fast paced job. gym membership not needed. great co-workers. good equipment. never a slow work day. must not be afriad to work hard every day
Very strong and reputable company
Transportation/Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2015
Family oriented company. Heavy volume, fast paced and structured to be goal oriented. Employees took pride in their work. Customers were considered "Partners" I enjoyed being part of a winning organization.
GOOD BENIFETS AND PAY FOR LOCATION
Warehouseman (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJune 15, 2015
WAREHOUSE IS A OKAY PLACE TO WORK WISH MANAGMENT LISTENED TO ITS EMPLOYEES MORE AND TOOK MORE TIME TO SIT AND LISTEN AND HEAR OUR IDEAS ON HOW IT WOULD WORK OUT
Typical Day at Martin brower
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2015
Typical day was in the freezer making sure that stock and shipment was made on time while following OSHA guidelines. Great company to work for. very family oriented
very fun and safe work place
3rd shift order selector lead (Former Employee), Fairfield, OHApril 27, 2015
A typical day at work was order pulling for me
I learned how to stack cart in the right way and order
I enjoyed the job very much.
Not for those who want free time
Material Handler/Receiver (Former Employee), Coatesville, PAApril 19, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: No set schedule
I am grateful to have a job, however the hours are bad. I am called everyday to be told what time I will need to be in that day. I never see my family. Most days, I am there over 10 hours, and am required to come back in with as little as 4 hours in between shifts. Not to mention, its extreme heavy lifting and hard labor. I have been injured twice in less than a year, yet worked my last job for eight without ever getting hurt on the job. Many many more issues, too much to list. If you can get any other job, do so.
great crew to work with and had new trucks
Driver/warehouse (Former Employee), salt lake city utahMarch 25, 2015
Pros: discounts at mcdonalds
Cons: only half an hour lunch break
hardest part was the shift work am to pm shifts, but the team was great to work with. I never had a job that had such great personal time off.
high pace and stressful
Professional Truck Driver/ Yard Jockey (Former Employee), Enfield, CTMarch 12, 2015
Cons: short breaks, racial remarks, poorly treated, missed managed.
No one willing to work with anyone on scheduling, people not doing there jobs and others forced to pick up the slack. miss managed, would be a great place to work at if it was managed properly.