Microsoft Employee Reviews

N/a
Transaction specialist, VL Orders (Current Employee) –  Dublin17 February 2017
Good experience
a lots of new contacts and connections all around EOC
huge range of new skills
good opportunities to grew up and develop yourself in friendly multinational and multilingual company / team
Global Reverse Logistics Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin South, County Dublin15 February 2017
Always enjoyed my time at Microsoft. Great staff, collaboration, atmosphere, location, benefits, flexible working hours, onsite employee benefits, great canteen and coffee shops.
Poor WL balance
Cloud and DevOps PFE (Former Employee) –  EMEA24 January 2017
Work with state of the art technologies and major customers is one of the plus while working in this company.
the multi cultural experience is also a plus, although, your effort is not always valued.
Pros
salary and multi cultural environment
Cons
Career path merit independent
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dublin12 January 2017
Great work environment. You get to work on cool technologies. Benefits are very good. Management is fair but all major decisions are made in the U.S. Reviews are very tough.
Pros
Holidays.
Cons
Career progression.
Place to work
Supply Chain Regional Planner (Current Employee) –  Dublin29 November 2016
Manager is available to support the decisions;
Environment is nice to work and delivery projects
Colleagues are good and trying to help and support
Nice work culture
Pros
Structure ofered
Cons
No transportation
nice enviorement for work,
Transactional Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 October 2016
multicultural environments.
professional maganers.
fantastic place for start to work if you are from other country.
Pros
to improve my professional skills
Cons
shift 12h
Aspects to be improved.
Collections Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dublin22 August 2016
The company culture should be clarified and more visible in the workplace so the employees identify themselves with both.
Possibilities of progress within the company are very poor causing a high level of turnover. Also rewards and benefits are not clearly and professionally monitored.
Excelente entorno laboral
ESPECIALISTA EN TRANSACCIONES (Former Employee) –  IE29 July 2016
Un equipo de trabajo altamente competitivo y colaborativo donde la diversidad cultural enriquece al individuo y fomenta la integración del mismo.

Un trabajo que puede ser duro debido al alto número de horas extras y jornadas intensivas.
Pros
El Equipo
Cons
Las horas extras
Great company to work for
Global Process Excellence Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin - Ireland11 July 2016
Great management support. Lots of great professionals willing to provide support when required. Dynamic position with great responsibility.
Good experience base
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin Sandyford10 June 2016
Great to get experience, nice atmosphere, very poor management. Very bad work/life balance and very few progression possibilities in the training team.
Everyday Life in Havok (Microsoft Ireland)
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dublin19 May 2016
Being privileged to work in the finance department for a software company, the atmosphere is slightly more relaxed and quieter while still maintaining a high level of professionalism. Our hours are flexible depending on deadlines like month end closing for example. The management treat all employees with the highest level of respect and praise. The hardest part of my job is probably the last 4 days of the month when we look towards closing the month end accounts. We generally are incredibly busy with journal entries and nominal postings for our consolidated accounts.
As my roll is predominately operations so I enjoy taking on new challenges and daily tasks that fall my way.
Pros
Enjoyable atmosphere
Cons
laborious month end at times
Good company to work for!
Account Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin20 March 2016
Depending of each department, but if you are under a good manager they will develop your potential.
It s company that will involve you in their plan and strategy, even if you dont know how it will impact you at your level but they do include you as part as one Microsoft.
In Operation, they will require a lot of overtime and work WE and bank holidays in order to support the business.
Pros
can work from home
Cons
long hours and no free lunch
Bullying managers false promises
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sandyford, County Dublin9 February 2016
This company is going down hill very fast. Managers punish you and don't keep promises. Not a real sales environment and not a good place for gaining sales experience.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Bad management
Great, fun and caring place to work
EMEA Financial analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 February 2016
Great culture and they really care about their employees.Work life balance is really important and an area which top management really priorities.
Fantastic
Development Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin4 January 2016
A super place to work, really I cannot criticise other than there is a ceiling in terms of opportunity outside of the US but I have had 10 great years and continue to enjoy my job.
great team
Supply Chain Information Manager (Temporary Role) (Former Employee) –  Leopardstown, D11 November 2015
would not like to be there, as there was no opportunity to move on, people belongs to small group , but great team work. Also senior manager was totally of knowledge how to manage and motivate team, not self controlling as it also would effect team work.
Pros
Management poor level
Cons
not comments
Flexible, Fun and busy enviroment
Senior Executive Business Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dublin15 September 2015
I have had opportunities to get involved in multiple projects which has helped me develop multiple skills and learn other areas of the business that I was interested in.
Pros
Flexible hours, work from home
Life changing experience
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin,14 September 2015
Microsoft Ireland is the ideal work environment. Not only will you grow in your career with excellent training opportunities but as a person you experience growth through respect and involvement in projects that affect and influence our world.
Microsoft allowed me to grow as a person through involvement in various charities and fundraising for special causes. As a global organisation Microsoft staff are a diverse community so interaction with your colleagues is both enjoyable and rewarding. It is a fast paced ever changing business environment and I was allowed to participate and lead whenever needed and I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge.
Pros
Respect, training, new technology and constant oppertunity to grow.
Very diverse company with a requirement for continuous learning and overtime.
Transaction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Dublin 1822 July 2015
Management could have been stronger, Communication occurs through out the team but retaining the information being shared was the issue. Constant updates and changes in protocol were made daily with very little training. Therefore errors and uncertainty are common.

Subsidized food and free food during overtime was nice and we had some other good perks including a pool table during quiet periods.

Future progression within the company is bleak as a new phase in the Company's sourcing will see many positions and work loads being sent abroad within the next 5 years.
Pros
Subsidized and free meals, excellent colleagues from all over, learning advanced Microsoft systems/programs
Cons
Constant overtime, high stress, not enough training, low incentive
Fun work enviorment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, D3 July 2015
As I did not work directly for Microsoft but through CPM I was placed in various different stores around Dublin but the staff were always so friendly and would always help me if i didn't know something or I had a question
Pros
Good Pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2