Musgrave Employee Reviews

Voice Picker (Current Employee) –  Dublin2 August 2017
Working in a fast pace environment on your own initiative, picking orders to a high standard. Hitting certain targets and maintaining a high standard.
Pros
Coffee machine onsite.
Cons
I live in Dundalk but have to drive to Dublin
bad work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 January 2017
Unorganized. Only statistic are important, not workers. If you have stats you are good worker, if no you are not. If you see something broken or that is not made correct and you fix or report you will lose time and managers will pressure you about your stats. And stats are unrealistic, nobody can achieve them if he follows health and safety procedure. It is very sad place to work and going there is painful for mental health.
Pros
it pays
Cons
bad managers, bad working atmosphere, workers are just numbers
Picker (Former Employee) –  Liffey Valley Centre, County Dublin18 June 2016
clock in get to work, work hard maintain skill and speed showing the capability of myself in the workplace itself. positive attitude , showing up early everytime and working as hard as you can.
good working place
worker in warehouse (Current Employee) –  Kilcock23 February 2016
Good working place with very good managment, hard job and small salery are problem. Good learning sheme for new workers.
Pros
good team
Cons
small salery
Friendly environment
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Kildare21 February 2016
Very good place to work, friendly environment, positive people.
I have gain a lot of experience with collecting the order, stuck ordering, forklift driving.
fast paced envoirment
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Kilcock, County Kildare8 January 2016
this job involves target setting and daily and weekly goals coordinating with management using equipment and working as part of a team experience of the logistics envoirment
Pros
gained experience in voice order picking
Cons
not enough incentive to remain on long term
Just a job
Voice picker (Current Employee) –  Kilcock, County Kildare23 December 2015
Just a job. Unrealistic time schedule. Unrealistic BSI. Targets are without of reason, There are really few opportunities. Advancement is non existant.
Enjoyed my time there
Supply Chain Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cork13 August 2015
Great company to work for!! Would recommend this company to work for. I was there covering a maternity contract!! free parking and subsidised canteen.
Pros
No weekend work
Cons
Untrained Managers
productive and steady
Nightshift Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin 1219 June 2015
large, wide company that provides workers an opportunity to help themselves to discover their desire to achieve the purpose, pleasant cooperation.
Very productive and demanding
Stock Replenishment/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  WD15 June 2015
A day working here was demanding and goal orientated. I learned very good customer service and communication skills. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping people.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours, Demanding work
Product Knowledge
Picker/Warehouse operative/CA (Current Employee) –  Clondalkin, D29 April 2015
A typical day at work - Quite a repetitive job it must be said, assembling orders for customers packing the stock into Pallets/cages and effectively preparing the cargo for exportation.

What I have learned is that a lot of hard work goes into the process and segregation of huge quantities of stock.

I have learned a lot from my time in Musgrave. Identifying the backbone of a business and gathering a better understanding of how a company should be managed.

I feel I have very good product knowledge. Experience I gained from previous jobs such as B&Q and Musgrave. From my time in Musgrave I have learned more about myself and what specifics interests me the most. I am interested in the packaging aspect of the huge variety of products I have had to deal with on a regular basis. The Design of the packaging and process of manufacturing.

I personally think it is good to keep up to date with product knowledge considering my field of study Product Design / Industrial Design. I enjoy watching an idea grow whether it is a new flavour of Pringles or a Guava flavoured energy drink. Seeing first hand the marketing techniques used and the effectiveness of product promotion.

So its obvious to see I have a keen interest in Product Development whether it Sales or Design. I believe from my time in College/Work I have obtained the necessary/relevant skills to help me find a role better suited to my abilities in this specific sector. Something that I hope will benefit me in my future career.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
advancement