Oasis Dental Care Employee Reviews

Dental Nurse/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Yarm19 January 2018
I started my career at Oasis and loved every second of it. They made me feel welcome and were very helpful when i began my career in dentistry. Overall great place to work.
Pros
Excellent place to work
oasis
Trainee Dental Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brighton6 January 2018
Oasis have supported me throughout my training and are always keen for staff to progress. Day to day is very varied with no two days being the same.

Area managers come and go and within my role I have had two practice managers which has been a little unsettling and the last practice manager had no dental background which was very hard to get the support.

Oasis as a whole appear to recruit managers with no dental background which I find difficult as really a manager should know what a dentist does.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Corporate
Blissfull people and amazing spirit
Professional Nurse Licence (Former Employee) –  Winchester7 November 2017
Working in Oasis is such an honour people are very polite helpful amazing colleagues and a great work environment :)
Manager is amazing and very helpful and so great to have her super blessed to have a manager like her.
but work load needs to be delegated properly so don't end up only one person is doing everything.
Pros
lovely colleagues
Cons
long hours, work load needs to be delegated properly
Brilliant place
Dentist assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria20 October 2017
I only went there for my year 10 work experience but it was great. The staff were excellent and helped my understand the role of a dentist. The staff worked together and efficiently for the next appointment.
Good company to work for, difficult to progress
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Derbyshire4 September 2017
I have worked for the company for many years, and have always recommended as much as possible. From what I can gather, it is the best corporate business for compliance and procedures.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Little work / life balance
Worst experience
Associate Dentist (Former Employee) –  North Yorkshire31 August 2017
No leadership. Dentists have to compete for everything including materials. Managers aren't bothered about claw backs or targets and most aren't any good with figures so be prepared for a shock when you get money taken off. Nurses aren't supportive and there is no continued training. Most don't even clean drawers or perform daily duties like setting surgery at start if the day properly.
Pros
Cons
Long hrs gaps
Are these 5 star reviews a joke?
Associate Dentist (Former Employee) –  Scotland19 August 2017
I have been a dentist for 31 years... Worked for Oasis for just over a year ... This company are a joke , they don't care about staff or patients
They are incompetent and unprofessional... We are constantly short of materials and nursing staff!!

Morale in practice very low ... I would caution anyone thinking of working for this company .
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Absolutely everything
Shocking company to work for
Dental Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire16 August 2017
Where to start, so many issues working at Newark. Worst dental centre I've ever worked in my 17 year dental career.
Management is shocking, no people skills or welfare of staff. No comminucation within the work place at all and being an all female dental centre it isn't a fun environment to work in. Too many women in one building.
Poor pay.
No changing or staff room facilities. One shared toilet for female and male.
I would never recommend Oasis for employees or for patients. Not a patient friendly/care dental centre, all based on a financial gain rather than what's in the best interest of the patient.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Many!
Horrendous place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  York15 August 2017
no support, no training, no assistance. Put on reception and left to it. Often being the only one on reception in a busy busy surgery. Practice manager should be more proactive.
Pros
Free Dental care
Cons
No team work
Great Company going through change
Integration Estates Manager (Current Employee) –  Field Based7 August 2017
Good company to work for, benefits are excellent and the people you work with are great. However since Bupa have acquired them, the company have lost their way somewhat with keep the staff updated with change and what is happening going forward. Very unsettling.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Good corporate with space for communication improvement and business plan including everyday practicalities of dental profession
Dental Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol27 July 2017
Good corporate with space for communication improvement, better management and business encompassing including everyday practicalities of dental profession.
Busy Practice
Dental Receptionist/Implant Care Co-Ordiantor (Current Employee) –  Heckmondwike18 July 2017
This is a very busy dental practice, which can be very enjoyable to work in. I have worked here for 13 years both full time and now par time due to having a small child.
Love working for oasis
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Littlehampton6 July 2017
I worked for the bognor regis practice and littlehampton and loved both ... the team are very supportive and they were very understanding with my daughter being so ill .. they were flexable for all her appointments unfortunately i had to leave urgently to take care of her .Oasis offer training to advance skills and career and are very pleasent to work for and when my daughter is better i will hope to join again .
large practice
Dentist (Current Employee) –  Trowbridge,UK11 June 2017
large dental mixed NHS/Private dental practice;
over 10,000 patients registered;
team work- could be imporved much more in terms of honest relationships and support;
poor dental supplies, few times lack of basic materials and supplies;
equipment old fashioned /outdated,
dentists' opinion never counts;
Hard working and engaging company
Dental Nurse (Current Employee) –  Trowbridge, UK1 June 2017
A busy NHS practice located in Trowbridge.
Busy days , full of NHS and private patients.
Great customer care.
Hard working clinical, reception team
Pros
positive staff
A great place to work.
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex18 May 2017
Oasis have a great recruitment process and handle the induction process very well.

I have not been with the company long but already I can feel its a great place to work.

They don't offer a lot of benefits but offer a fair starting salary.

The main reason I like working for the company, must be the great networking and team involvement.

Don't think its easy, every day is different. There is a lot to take in and learn. The hardest part of the job is picking up new processes. Coming from a big pharmacy company everything is very much automated but with Oasis its very much a manual form filling culture.

I would recommend Oasis Dental a good place to work.
Pros
Great networking and support base
Cons
Long processes which could be quicker with a bit of tech involved.
great opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sussex16 May 2017
very supportive company to work for with opportunities for advancement with friendly and helpful staff company wide. the best part of my day is meeting new people and encouraging patients to have a positive experience when they may be nervous or in pain.
Pros
benefits scheme
Cons
uniform needs updating
Great company to work for
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire16 May 2017
Every day is different when you work for this company, the patients are treated as valued customers, staff are respected and it is a pleasure to come to work. Training is always available as is the opportunity to advance your career.
I would recommend working for Oasis to anyone.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Nice company to work for, happy in my role.
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Leiston16 May 2017
I enjoy working for Oasis, they are helpful, supportive, flexible and i feel valued in my role. My line manager is especially nice to work with and supports me in my career and my role.I would recomend this comopany to anyone.
Pros
Large company has other departments and team members for support.
Professional Management Opportunity
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  North Walsham16 May 2017
Oasis has given me the Opportunity to Manage a business with the trust and freedom that allows you to make decisions with confidence. Great environment for experienced and new Managers alike.
benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oasis Dental Care. Our community is ready to answer.