Paddy Power Employee Reviews

Good experience
Senior Retail Betting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin23 February 2017
Providing customers with a high quality of customer service such as advising and guiding on any queries that may arise.
Responsible for processing bets from start to finish i.e. taking the bet, translating it through the system, paying out winning bets.
Cash handling.
Implementing Think 21 policy.
Good numeracy skills.
Promoted to supervisory level while working in Athlone.
Pros
Given managerial experience
Cons
Longs hours
each day is different, good to deal with people on a day to day basis
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillorgan, County Dublin25 July 2016
A typical day in Paddy power varies from one day to another. I am working in a very busy shop which has only been opened for about three years based in Stillorgan. My management role is the overall lookout of the shop, staff and customers. each day we are dealing with large amounts of cash, working long hours on computers and dealing with all sorts of issues or problems with customers and the basic running of the shop. we have built up a great clientele and really look after our customers going even further for them with promotions and amazing marketing offers.

I have learnt how to work well under pressure and to be very patient. I have always worked well with the public but learnt how to deal with all kinds of people.
Pros
flexiable
Cons
long hours and cannot progress further
Uncertainty Following merger
Product Team (Current Employee) –  Dublin12 April 2016
It's difficult to give an accurate review of PP going forwards as so much is up in the air after the merger with betfair. There are some great people working on some great products - i hope they're still there in 6 months!
educating
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Galway27 February 2016
Extremely difficult hours and not family orientated whatsoever. Promotion from within the company id difficult and is now moving to a new era of book making which is geared mainly for the IT sector of employees
Cons
very freindly and enjoyable workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saggart, County Dublin12 January 2016
Great customers, great work team, good hours and pay got on very well with everyone and received great help from my work mates when it was needed.
What's not to like
eGaming (Current Employee) –  Clondskeagh28 July 2015
Great facilities, great environment, great company, great people, great nights out, great days in, great place to work, but the on site canteen can be a bit hit and miss
Pros
Workmates
Cons
Canteen food is very hit and miss
Fun, Energetic, Lively, Great Experience
Dial-a-Bet Agent (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D1 June 2015
A typical day in Paddy Power would firstly consist of coming into the office and log into your computer. Once you have logged in, you will then read over the daily brief which is made up the night before by the supervisor. The daily brief would give you information on all sporting events that is available to customers that day.
After reading over the daily brief I would then personally interrogate the system and locate popular sporting events that customers will be betting on for the day basically so I can access them quickly at a customer requests.
In Paddy Power Horse Racing is a popular market where customers will bet, so I will then get some information on popular Horses that are racing that day such a trainers, jockeys and the weight of how much the horse will be carrying while racing. The reason I do this is when a customers asked this information I am able to give it to them right away instead of holding the customer up while I have to go locate the information they ask for.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
late hours (some shifts can be from 6pm-2am)
Fun workplace in difficult industry
Night e-Gaming Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 December 2014
Paddy Power was a fun place to work in especially at times it can be difficult managing customers in that type of industry. They give good benefits and try to look after staff socially at times.

It was tough doing nights shifts however I see this as valuable experience, this being the reason I stayed for the time I did.
Face paced workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden House, Rathfarnham24 March 2014
A typical morning would mean being in 40minutes before opening the shop, allowing plenty of time to do the cash checks, set up the floats and put up the shop displays. Once the doors are open it was non stop, dealing with all forms of customers, all of which got the same attention and always ensuring that they were receiving the customer experience so they would come back. Every day you would learn different pieces of information, maybe about a certain sport of the rules of racing, always developing. As far as co workers, you would only ever be working as one or two or one of three, so was a close nit group. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was talking and dealing with a wide variety of customers, loved hearing the stories and helping with any problems.
Pros
Nice work stations and equipment
Productive, fun and fast pace work place
Online & Telebetting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland11 December 2013
Great place to work, face paced always on the go. Always learning something new and provides great customer service skills.
Pros
Free lunch for big events and good staff morale
Cons
long hours and short breaks
good
retail betting assiastant (Current Employee) –  Clondalkin, D22 October 2013
not a bad place to work for could be more staff friendly.wages good hours are brutal.
Pros
wages
Cons
hours
productive
organizing assistance (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 May 2013
It helped my organization skills.
I learned how to be more organised.
I fixed the pens and papers, picked the papers off the floor.
I closed the shop everyday.
The hardest part was closing the shop and i had no break as i only worked for few hours.
I loved the free coffees that we got.
Pros
Got paid every two weeks
Cons
I didn't work for too long.
Productive & Fun
Software Engineer in Test (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland4 April 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job was that we used almost entirely open source software, which meant that we were in turn allowed to contribute to it. Shaping the future of some cutting edge technologies was most rewarding!
Pros
casual atmosphere
Not Recommended
Middle management position (Marketing) (Current Employee) –  Dublin26 March 2013
Paddy Power has been hiring a lot in the past year (as well as high skilled people leaving) as consequence of impressive growth. However the company is struggling to acquire a more international mind set. High pressure, little recognition and a lot of internal Politics. Career advancement: being Irish is a strong plus.
People stay as much as they can and then leave.
Pros
modern headquarter, average salaries, quite central location, canteen ( you pay for)
Cons
a lot of politics, old core irish management, high pressurised, easy trigger (firing people), being irish strong advantage