Penneys Employee Reviews

boring place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford City Centre, County Waterford5 September 2017
stock room is a complete mess,nobody knows where anything is,boxes all unmarked,you are always unsure of what you need to bring to the floor,due to the mess you take longer to find products customers are looking for,some of the managers aren't very nice and will give out to you about certain things but yet go and do those exact things,only thing I enjoyed about penneys were being on returns,and being on checkouts,peope in there can be nice but a very awkward environment if you are a new staff member.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very boring job unless on checkouts, messy stock room
Fun friendly place to work
Retail Operator (Former Employee) –  Galway21 August 2017
I worked here during the Christmas period. I was unfortunately let go at the end of my contract but I honestly enjoyed going into work every day. Something I can say I haven't had in a lot of jobs.
Loved working
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford10 August 2017
I loved working in penney as the customer service role was person to person. And the active role it was. I much prefer to be in an active position then sitting at a desk.
Pros
Dealing with customers and a discount at christmas
Cons
you were not allowed to leave the building on your two 15 minute breaks
fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 August 2017
great job if you are on full time contract
work from Monday to Friday (office hours)
difficult if you need a career
good money
no ability to progress career
lack of trainings and courses
Good workplace very busy always on the move
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork25 July 2017
Always look busy there is alot to be done . Tills is defiantly the best part as you get to talk to all the customers more . Staff and mangers are very friendly too.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Always busy
Sales Assistant/Cashier, Team Leader, Fire Warden (Former Employee) –  Navan, County Meath5 July 2017
I enjoyed working hear. It was an easy commute walking distance from my home. I enjoyed costumer care and being part of a team. It was great experience.
Pros
Meeting new people
Great work !
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, County Louth4 June 2017
Enjoyed every minute of working in penneys good salary for good hours . Working throughout the day can be tiring and can take a lot out of you but honestly the salary is worth it and very decent
Pros
Management was very friendly and helpful
Cons
Long hours and tiredness
very good customer service
SHOP ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dooradoyle, County Limerick13 May 2017
Very friendly staff ,great place to work brilliant customer service always very helpful to custoomers .Always sure that customers are happy leaving the store and found what they were looking for easily .
Pros
always kept going
Really enjoyed my work experience .
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Ballina, County Mayo10 May 2017
Great place to do work experience , got to meet lots of people over my 8 weeks of being there. I worked every friday from 10am untill 4pm . I got to work in all the different departments such as womens wear, children's wear and homeware departments.
Great team and fun place to work.
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal2 May 2017
You interact with customers everyday and help them with any inquires. Each day I had to deal with deliveries coming in and ensuring stock was put on the floor. Also had to manage cash registers and handling money. Made sure area was well maintained and that stock was tidy and clearly priced.
Had good interaction with managers and would work together ensuing best layout for stock, customer service, etc.
Workplace was a fun environment.
Hardest part of the day was ensuring stock was out and maintaining the areas.
Most enjoyable part of the day was dealing with the customers and being able to help them with their purchases.
Pros
Good environment to work in
Great place to work !
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin1 May 2017
Penneys is a great place to work ! Especially for a first job ( like me ) ! The hours are good & the pay is great ! Everyone is so nice and the atmosphere is great both in the shop and among staff
Good part time job / great pay
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundrum, County Dublin22 April 2017
Great company to work for, particularly for college students. Very flexible with hours, great starting hourly rate, pay goes up €1 every year you are there. Good holidays. Some travel opportunities. Management are good. Good advancement opportunities if you are willing to work and show your interest.
Pros
Good holidays. Good pay.
Cons
Must be quite flexible.
Busy workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Drogheda, County Louth12 April 2017
Very busy workplace, hours flexible, Fast pace , plenty of opportunity to learn new skills . Areas of responsibility spread accross the store. Good place to work.
Pros
Busy store
Cons
Temp contract
It was a great experience to be a part of Pennys
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Patrick St. Cork23 March 2017
Being part of Pennys for nearly 2 years it was a brilliant experience. I learned a lot of things like being more independent. it has less supervision so you need to use your own initiative in your section assigned like checking on the floor which one needs to be replenished and check also in the stock room if there were items not displayed. Displays the new collection on the very front in all sizes.
Friendly enviroment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dún Laoghaire, County Dublin21 March 2017
I worked here for one week for Transition year work experience and I enjoyed it so much as the staff were very friendly and welcoming. I would recommend working here as it is fun and enjoyable.
Pros
Free lunches
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick13 March 2017
Very safe environment to work in.
Friendly staff.
Flexible hours.
Good pay rate.
Job is easily thought to others.
Customer aware,
Customer friendly.
Polite.
Pros
hours
Cons
hours
Secure and well paying
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin7 March 2017
Penneys is OK to work for but you do have to work late and weekends. Job security is great in the job but it is a high pressure environment and not for everybody.
Cons
Long hours that can vary
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin18 February 2017
Nice place to work and learn more about retail and customer service with different background.
If you can work under pression and be leaded by managers and leader, I recommend this company.
Fun people to work wirh
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 February 2017
Pennys is good employer hreat training and courses long hours when busy love working with public and learning new trade only set back is a temperary contracts and begin let go at a days notice
Poor working hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork patricks st26 January 2017
I had to chase HR for any requests, young staff dumped with poor shifts, After each contract they let staff go and hire new staff.
Pros
time and a half on sundays
Cons
poor shifts