Pramerica Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Give everyone a Chance
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Donegal5 April 2015
Work is extremely varied

The company support multiple arms of the parent company

Pramerica take on people from non tech backgrounds
Pros
Great opportunity's to up skill
Cons
long hours, glass ceiling
Good place to start in IT.
Associate Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Letterkenny, Co. Donegal20 October 2014
Pramerica is a good place to gain skills in phone etiquette and to the taste for a career in IT. It offers a lot of opportunities to advance your career with various in-house courses, all paid for.
It generally has a great atmosphere with a lot going on at the one time, but this constantly increasing workload can have a strain on morale, as well as management.
Productive, good work colleagues, excellent training
SENIOR CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, Co Donegal, Ireland25 June 2014
When I first got a job within Pramerica (Prudential Insurance Company of America). I was brought in to process customers checks into their personal retirement account. I constantly met my targets and when I finished in that department three months later I had the highest accuracy of 98.9%. Seldom did I make mistakes, attention to detail is one of greatest attributes. I then moved to the Technical Support Call Centre, I did so because I noticed there was a way to further advance my education and also move up the ladder.
Year one, We provided general maintenance on customers policies, as well as updating their information or providing customers information of the latest products available to them. I also provided technical support for three of the company's websites. We gave our customers product advice, and also dealt with customer complaints. We where also the whole of Prudential's worldwide switchboard.
Year two; I did all the same as year one but I developed my skills within the company, by taking a Team Leader course I advanced to a Senior Customer Representative. Now I was responsible for the learning and development of both existing and new employees. I was the link between the management in the United States and the employee in the front line. Because i was the trainer I was often trying to develop ways to expand current training, while monitoring and reviewing the progress of new hires.
Management within Prudential are fantastic. They provide you with the skills to do your job to the highest standard while also providing you with further information that may help
  more... you advance within the company.
My Co-workers always helped me, I was the trainer therefore it was essential I had respect of my colleagues. We all had a good working and social relationship, I'm a very sociable person and love the company of others.
Often the hardest part was having to learn then teach new aspects of the Websites, for example three months before I left the company, they redesigned the whole website. So it was my job to take all aspects of the new website, and make an easy to read guide to navigating the new system. It was hard but I succeeded and I know that the training guide I put together is still in use today.
The most enjoyable part is always with the customers, I pride myself on being polite, honest, caring and I will do my very best for any customer. No matter the question or query I go above and beyond my duties to help satisfy the customer, and fellow employees.
Pros
Advancement within the company
Cons
Unsociable hours