PwC Employee Reviews

Productive.
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 April 2017
At PwC i was constantly busy, always working and had something to do. I learned how to use excel word and power-point. The hardest part of the job would of been the very early mornings and long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job would of been learning new ways to use many databases i didn't know existed
Pros
Lunches paid for.
Cons
Long hours.
Great experience and training
Senior Tax Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 March 2017
Enjoyed my time in both PwC Wellington and PwC Dublin. Great culture. Significant time investment but payoffs in addition to just salary.

Fantastic training and mentoring programmes.
Fast paced and friendly
Data Services Intern (Former Employee) –  ireland23 August 2016
Data Services Intern
PwC Dublin Data Services
Testing of financial data to identify fraudulent transactions and auditing of IT General Controls. (I was offered a permanent contract after this placement)
Productive and a great place to learn
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Malaysia31 May 2016
Coming from engineering background with no history of accounting knowledge, I get exposed to accountancy field, and managed to complete my ACCA within 4 years time. It's a great place to build your career path, as well.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Long hours, high demand.
learned alot
Audit Executive (Former Employee) –  Pakistan30 December 2015
I have learned a lot during my work in PwC Pakistan about every thing including how to use MS Excel, how to communicate the client, how to manage the assistants, how to do the audit, about IFRS, about typical financial reporting process and controls
well organized global company
On-Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 November 2015
Classic huge global office company where everything is done by procedures. Not a very exiting to work in, but it's a good start if you like to work in office environment.
Productive and Engaging workplace
Analyst Consultancy (Former Employee) –  Cork, C13 October 2015
I worked there as a Summer intern for 2 months. In that short space of time I learned a lot about the values and work ethic PWC has to offer. Everyone was extremly friendlt and willing to help me learn and making me feel like I was not a burden on their day.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Long hours Thurs-Friday
PwC Tax Specialist
Tax Specialist Human Resource Services (HRS) (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D30 March 2015
Providing income tax services to domestic/international corporate and private clients as part of PricewaterhouseCoopers’ Global Human Resource Services (GHRS) network. Gained experience in team work, working to deadlines, managing client’s tax affairs/expectations, risk management. Completed numerous professional and business development courses at PwC.
Account Trainee
Trainee Accountant (Auditor) (Former Employee) –  Limerick, LK23 March 2015
Auditing clients, bank and cash, Property Plant and Equipment, Salaries, VAT & PAYE and operating expenses. Included traveling to Limerick, Galway, Sligo and other parts of the country to audit clients in the mid west region.
Temporary Contract
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cork, C26 May 2014
I enjoyed working for PwC. I was trained in as a receptionist, I worked Monday to Friday nine to five. A typical day included answering and forwarding calls. Keeping an up to date record of staff whereabouts and upcoming meetings. Getting mail couriered and booking boardrooms for meetings. My managers were friendly and approachable but I found working in a quiet office environment to be quite boring and mundane.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Very quite office environment
Productive and Tough environment
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  One Spencer Dock, North Wall Quay, Dublin 127 November 2013
What I enjoyed most about my 3 years in PwC, was that what I learnt on one audit could be transferred and used on other audits. I was able to transfer previous experiences to the next audit.

I was lucky enough to work in a broad range of sectors including:

- Pharmaceutical
- Transportation
- Education
- Food
- Electric
- Technology

I audited the Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet for a number of clients across a broad range of industry sectors.
Client Focused and Team orientated working environment
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 January 2013
Extensive work on the audit of all types of funds including equity funds, bond funds and hedge funds.
Working on audit assignments
Assistant Manager, Assurance (Current Employee) –  Dublin14 August 2012
Good experience of MNC and larger clients, experience with SAP/Oracle. Excellent training offered, experience in leading audit teams and also working on own intiative.
Pros
excellent training and experience
Cons
long hours poor work life balance