Queen's University Employee Reviews

great school, great environment
Advisory Board Member (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 September 2017
Enjoyed getting to know ins and outs of university administration - and providing input on student life at Queens. Important to foster a sense of community service and giving back.
Productive and Learning
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 September 2017
Excellent work environment following ethical procedures in all aspects in the lab. Priority given to safe working of the students/researchers. Strong support and guidance throughout the time period by the supervisor.
Traditional work environment with commitment to excellence.
Recruitment Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 September 2017
Traditional work environment, committed to excellence and continuous improvement. Really enjoyed the team, and depending on the environment, it goes through very busy and slow periods, as any company does.
Très bon stage
Stagiaire (Former Employee) –  Belfast11 September 2017
Travail dans un laboratoire de l'Université, équipe de doctorants sympathique. Environnement de travail très agréable.
Stage effectué en anglais. Bon encadrement.
Masters of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Civil Technician (Former Employee) –  Queen's University5 September 2017
A great university to study. Queen's provides various courses which were industrial based and updated. It also provides the opportunity to the students to work inside the campus, with good leaders. I took seven courses and one project to accomplish my Masters program. The most enjoyable part was as the choreographer of the QISA team, which allowed me to interact with the new people. The one thing I learned from the university is to give the best at every moment of life.
Fun place to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 July 2017
The work environment is fun and rewarding. I felt like I was helping people everyday that I was there.

I would recommend this work place to a friend.
A very supportive and friendly environment to be at.
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON3 July 2017
I joined Queen's university as a graduate student for five years and as a postdoctoral fellow for less than a year. During this period I got the chance to work with different research groups and communicating with many colleagues, staff and faculty members. Overall, I feel it was an amazing experience.
Enjoyable workplace with strong faculty
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 June 2017
I enjoyed working as a teaching assistant at Queen's University. I learnt quite a bit about a variety of academic subdisciplines. I also believe that this job enhanced by comprehension and writing skills. Working as a teaching assistant forces an individual to be able to speak effectively, be patient as well as learn to engage with a variety of student skillsets.
Productive and fun workplace
Split-site Commonwealth Doctoral Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Belfast12 June 2017
Queen's University Belfast rendered the best ever platform and work environment to carry out my PhD research. My principal investigator and labmates formed a consolidated and encouraging team which made things easy in an otherwise bumpy road through this journey.
Great Time
Library Assistant, Joseph S. Stauffer Library (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON10 June 2017
Very nice employer, no complaints. Well structured, great support for individual needs. Opportunity for advancement and location is great right near the water.
Queens is a fabulous institution
Service Staff, Walkhome (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON29 May 2017
The best 4 years of my life here thus far. Jobs within the AMS are student-run and equal opportunity. Managers are very understanding of academic demands and engagements. Great way to meet people.
Surprising and enjoyable job
Catering staff (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON25 May 2017
This is my first job and I am still working there during school time. Catering service is interesting and their task varies each time so you never know what you will be doing until you arrive there. I learned a lot of skills there and it builds my confidence and communicating skills by working with a team. It requests people to be strong and this was the most challenging part for me. Since I got the job, I started to train my arm muscles. We held many different kinds of events and weddings during summer time. Each experience is unique for me. Besides learning skills, it is also interesting to meet different people from different events. Sometimes we can also eat the same food as the customs, but of course, only after the events ended. Overall, it is a very enjoyable job which plays a big part in my university life.
Pros
Good food
Security Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON25 May 2017
Queen's is a great place to learn new things. There are always people there to teach you new things and willing to help you learn. great place to work if you are just starting out or even if you have been out working for a few years
Good experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON21 May 2017
Flexible hours, acquired practical and transferable skills, lots of variety in tasks - kept things interesting, compensation was fair, work at own pace
Great learning Experience
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON19 April 2017
a typical day consists of marking and editing students paper,but also making sure you are prepared for the readings.
the workplace is wonderful.
the management was always wonderful and helpful whenever you needed them.
working with students was the greatest part of the day.
Great employer
Orientation Week Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK29 March 2017
Queen's is a wonderful employer. They are very accommodating to students and incredibly approachable in regards to dealing with any issues. It has been a pleasure working for them.
nice place to work in
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON28 March 2017
good management, nice environment, small and peaceful city, fair work and life balance, very nice people to work with

everything is good

increasing pay will be better
Productive place
Early Stage Researcher (Current Employee) –  Belfast City Centre, County Antrim22 March 2017
Working here at Queens University of Belfast, it is a wonderful experience, it is possible to have opportunity to increase laser and accelerators skills,
People and supervisors, they are very helful and give me possibility to learn a lot in this field.
Encouraging and supportive work environment
Health Education Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 March 2017
Through this position, I learned how to manage people and effectively use qualitative analysis software in the creation of multiple publications about the Canadian Frailty Network.
Great School
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 March 2017
Great experience as a teaching assistant, the hours of work are reasonable for an undergraduate student. As a teaching assistant, I had the opportunity to become more comfortable with speaking in front of a group of people, and it was a great opportunity to get to know some professors better.