SIG plc Employee Reviews

Overpaid managers under paid warehouse / drivers
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South East London, Greater London15 November 2017
The company has over spent on out of date systems. They underpay the backbone of the company with peanuts , the sales staff, well l would call them order takers cause they don't sale anything. Also why do the except the drivers to go over there contracted times when the sales staff that messed up there order go home on time every night. Also branch directors , need to come to the real world they don't now the vosa law and health safety law stick to fudging your monthly budget.
Pros
Logistics team
Cons
Sales staff overpaid monkeys
Lost it's way
Leader (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire8 November 2017
Poor leadership, lack of direction, and dysfunctional organisation design, lead to poor collaboration and working relationships which resulted in significant shortfall in meeting shareholder expectations followed by two profit warnings.
Pros
Cons
Inflexible working practices, '1980's culture, traditional
A great business with big issues.
Manager, Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Scotland7 November 2017
It's a good company to work for and I enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot and was well trained in-house and externally. The sharp end of the company is very dynamic and fast-moving, however, using a local Sheffield analogy, there's a big distance between the seam and the pithead office and this needs to change to keep the miners chippin' away at the coalface
Pros
Dynamic, resourceful and underestimated.
Cons
Abundance of coteries and cliques.
Great People
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sheffield3 October 2017
SIG encourages its workforce to socialise which assists with building good relationships between colleagues. People are very friendly and it is a fun place to work
Huge business with too many small minded people
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester29 September 2017
SIG seems to be it's own biggest competitor at the moment.
Various parts of the business seem more concerned with blocking others than focusing on their real competitors.
Large numbers of staff are leaving or being made redundant as the company looks to rebuild, hopefully this will take them forward again.
Worth it if working in a branch
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire27 September 2017
No two days were ever the same, lovely people and commitment within the branches, its a real shame the hierarchy have lost their way recently with constant management re-shuffles.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Long hours, work life balance not good
Career progression
HUB Transport Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire26 September 2017
I have greatly improved my knowledge through external training where I gained my Transport Manager CPC and received on the job training through the internal team
Interesting
IT Training Executive (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Field Based21 September 2017
Working for SIG in my role means I travel all over the country and visit many different types of business operations.
Training people with different skills and ability can prove to be difficult, but SIG have allowed for this. The training lasts for upto 12 weeks, with time before new system is installed and after.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Long hours at times
Poorly managed company
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  South West18 September 2017
Company is very poorly managed and it is not driven by cost effective selling or the desire to look after their employees. The senior team spend most of their team either providing or participating in corporate entertainment.
Best job Ive ever had
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Wales9 September 2017
Only left as i needed to relocate, great organisation and structure. Great benefits and work life balance. Forward thinking company with great ambition.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours but not mandatory
Branch Manager
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire14 August 2017
Reasonable company to work for but questionable direction.
Lost its core values and needs to review basic skills and take time to get these right.
Middle to top management heavy.
Pros
Security
Cons
Long hour little praise
Sig
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire10 August 2017
Good place to work with lots of freedom to make change. Great people who work extremely hard to deliver for our customers day in, day out. Would recommend working here.
Nice company
Senior Technical Analyst - End User Computing (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire8 August 2017
Nice place to work but due to cutbacks all of IT are to go. A lack of knowledge of what IT has been doing over the last few years will make SIG a Lights on only business for some time to come. Its a real shame that its come to this
Pros
Great People
Cons
Senior managers lack of understanding IT
Do not work for this company!! Trust me!
Accounts (Former Employee) –  St Ives, Cambridgeshire26 July 2017
Worst place I have ever worked,SIG is a complete shambles. I worked so hard here everyday and it was never enough for my Manager who pushed and pushed and in the end was the reason I left.
SIG is a failing company and getting worse and worse.
Pros
Cons
everything
Positive Team
HR Business Partner (UK) (Current Employee) –  UK20 July 2017
I really enjoy working within SIG as I work within a really good HR team but I am able to continue working in my role as an individual.

Management is really good at all levels and we strive to make SIG a fun place to work
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Alot of travel
Not the same as it was
Branch (Current Employee) –  Sussex28 June 2017
Minimal staff at branches, lack of enthusiasm and motivation amongst staff, little or no recognition for staff when they do a good job. Branch managers OK, but managers further up have their heads in the clouds. Saturday mornings spent wandering round because no customers about.
Pros
Close to home and that's about it!!
Cons
Saturday mornings are a waste of time, no breaks.
Behind the times
Corporate development analysts (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire12 June 2017
The people are the best ting about the company.

However, management and general process seems to be outdated and behind the curve.

There are numerous issues within the company and the culture is one of them......................there is a lack of responsibility and care for staff members and also a lack of accountability
Yard operative sig roofing bristol
Yard Operative (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol21 May 2017
I worked at sig roofing for over 3 years in a roofing merchants yard Management ok. salary is low not much over minimum wage. No product training given. Staff turn over is high. Lots of made up job titles. High accident rate no time given to pick orders accurate No stock booked in accurate. It's ok as a temporary job until something better comes along.
Pros
Cons
Only Half hour break, Saturday mornings
Work day
Forklift Driver/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London8 May 2017
At SIG I learned a lot of the insulation materials and the organization of the warehouse, how to deal with work mates, drivers, customers and general staff, how to check the stock. The management is in a soft way, you do not have a "policeman" all the time to see what you are doing, in a good way the "Boss" is one of "us". The culture in the workplace is good, starts on the Boss till the work mates everybody try to help, and the supervisors are the best. The hard part of the job is to pick heavy staff, but always there is someone to help. The most enjoyable part of the job is to drive the forklift and the good relation in the work place.
Pros
10 minutes break morning and afternoon 1 hour lunch, hours of work
Cons
Public transport
Friendly place to work
Moffat / 26 + 32 tonne (Former Employee) –  Colnbrook20 March 2017
I worked for Sig for over ten years and the place started going well down hill just over two years ago , pay is poor for professional moffet drivers , I would never work there again .
Pros
Sucure job
Cons
Bad pay, and managers .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SIG plc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8