Spar Employee Reviews

Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 October 2017
It was my first job after school, first time i was in foreign country , so i learned so many , i became more secure , sociable, responsible !

I had colleagues from different cultures, i liked working with them , it was like an exchange of experience and informations
Pros
Flexible program
Cons
No cons
Nice place to work
Spar work experince (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 September 2017
I was on here for a few weeks for work experince as part of college but I did enjoy my time there. the staff where very friendly and helpful and kind.
Poor salary and no staff benefits
Shop Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 July 2017
It's an easy going job. The management were knowledgeable. The hours were good. However, the salary was very poor. I was 16 and was paid 6.41 euro an hour. There were no staff benefits whatsoever.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor wage/benefits
Productive and very busy place for linch time
Cashier and floor staff (Current Employee) –  Dublin9 July 2017
Employers put always under the pressure floor staff. There's no motivation working this job, you feel like a machine. every day the same routine, which is not so bad. You always know what to do, but when is there no motivation for staff to improve, after a while job gets very boring.
Cons
long hours, lack of staff
There are chances to be promoted but depend on management.
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin4 July 2017
Its a busy day you get to meet alot of new people every day.
It improves customer service.
You dont have social life retail your required to work flexible it can be any in 7 days.
Pros
Depend on the owners
Cons
No social life.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales/Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasthule, County Dublin14 June 2017
Busy and face-paced workplace, plenty of opportunity to expand your skills and learn new parts of working in a fresh foods store. The staff I worked with were brilliant, and we worked well together.
Productive and fun workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Ross, County Wexford2 June 2017
The shop was managed very well and I got along swimmingly with all the staff. Though the job could be physically demanding at times I got on excellently here.
First experience in ireland
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 May 2017
learn too many things management. the experience is very good is good and workplace is very friendly hard part of the job is cleaning and serving people is very enjoyable part
Pros
discount in lunch
Cons
loung hour break
Kind Staff, very helpful when training
Store Person (Former Employee) –  Thomas Street16 May 2017
Over all the work was standard. Mostl till work so it was dealing with customers at the check out. It was an easy place to work and the management were nice. The other staff were lovely too so over all a nice experience.
Pros
Lunch discount
Productive, fun, welcoming and challenging work place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin12 May 2017
This is a great place to work, staff and management are extremely friendly. In a developing part of Dublin West the shop is never short of new customers and therefore new challenges and opportunities to work and grow.
Pros
Great Atmosphere, free lunches
Cons
irregular working hours
always productive
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carrick-on-Suir, County Tipperary4 May 2017
start work get the jobs done what you need to get done,,serve customers while your covering breaks .
managers are nice to get along with.
From when you start your shift whether it be 3-8 hrs shifts you have your tasks for the day/night that you have to do.
Pros
reduced tea r coffee
Cons
short shifts for 3 hours
Very good
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Celbridge, County Kildare12 March 2017
Enjoyed employer and other employees. Good place to work. Flexible hours and easy to deal with. Staff were trusted and a democratic style of leadership was used
productive
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 February 2017
i had duties as a shop assistant where I worked in the café and also on the shop floor. My duties were to help out making coffees, washing the dishes and cleaning after people on the café. At the shop floor I had to do manual work as in stack shelves. Organise products, label products and assist customers.
Pros
short days
Cons
no payment as was work experience in secondary school
productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin Castlecknock20 February 2017
Its a pleasure working in Spar because its a nice shop ,with nice people,the managment in the shop is very nice,customers are always nice
Travail agréable
Stage (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 February 2017
En tant que stagiaire en Irlande à Dublin, ce travail était plus qu'agréable, assez convivial et les managers était super !
enjoy working
supermarket assistant (Former Employee) –  dublin2 February 2017
Work at till
Selling to costumers
Counting the money
Organization of the delivery
Cleaning tables and floor
Opening and closing the shop
very productive work environment, friendly co-workers.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin25 January 2017
Tasks: stocking minerals, beers, spirits, food products and other goods. emptying bins, filling the baler with cardboard boxes after packing and emptying the baler when full. Cleaning stock room.

I learned to use my initiative more, how to empty a baler, how to stock products properly, how to face off products, how to approach customers more confidently.

The management assessed my progress as much as they could and were happy with the results, I gained a healthy relationship with my manager.

The workplace was very lively at times, not as busy during working/school hours.

The hardest part of the job was at the beginning when I was first introduced to the retail industry, I wasn't experienced but adapted to it very quickly.

The co-workers were super friendly and helped me increase my speed and quality of work. There was never a dull moment throughout the shop.
Pros
Was asked to come back in the summer when I be of age to work on tills.
Cons
Non-favourable hours due to college timetable, was not a lot of tasks for me to undertake in January.
average
Deli and till assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 January 2017
An average Job. Suitable for students or younger people living at home that would just like to make money for recreational activities.
Hours depending on management can be flexible.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Lots of time spent on feet
Alot to be desired
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 January 2017
As the spar company is a franchise its hard to blame the company but rather the owner for the negative work environment created here this was shown in the vast turn over in staff over my 3 years there.
Cons
late nights
good experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  james street6 January 2017
it was a good experience working for the retail store that was very busy at the time, it use to be very busy day on work learning knew operating system from old ones work on the floor handle the products with care, barcodes system and many more things .
Pros
there was system to get food on staff price
Cons
8 hour per day shift