Starbucks Employee Reviews

Great co workers, horrible management
Barista (Former Employee) –  Cork, Ireland.18 June 2017
Starbucks Ireland has great co workers but horrible management.
They do not monitor holiday pay.
They don't care about their employees unless they have a supervisor position or higher Just an overall horribly ran company and i would never recommend anyone to work for Starbucks Ireland.
fun workplace
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin12 June 2017
required a lot of skills including basic barista skill and attention in cleanings. Friendly working environment provided as part of the company culture.
Event
Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 June 2017
Alles ist reibungslos abgelaufen. Keine Probleme. Das von Starbucks verfügte Team war gut.
Fun place to work
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin26 May 2017
Fun place to work, nice people, nice manager.
We can learn plenty of different things everyday while doing our duties.
No hard part on this job unless
Nice workplace
Barista (Current Employee) –  Dublin25 April 2017
Excellent team, it's a really good place to learn how to work in a fast paced environment, how to deal with costumers, be fast but always deliver drinks with excellence, etc.
A job where you have to multitask at all times
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 April 2017
Basically there are two positions:
Till: where you take orders and payments.
Bar: you are the responsable of making the beverages according to all standards.
You also have to do extra task as keeping clean everywhere and restock the store.
Good atmosphere.
The type of costumer is usually polite, high educated and lots of tourist depending on the area the cafe is located.
ambiente trabajo con cafe gratis
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin12 March 2017
el ambiente del trabajo era agradable de ser una empleada de mi jefe que tiene discipline y aprende mucho de mi jefe y mis colegas.
este tipo de trabajo que es muy relacionada con mi profesion que es turismo. tener experiencia de conocer la gente que es muy agradable.
Pros
seguro, cafe gratis, experiencia
Cons
trabajar en fin de semana
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 March 2017
It is a good place to work because you can learn and get important experiences and the best part it is that you have the opportunity to grow up in the company if you do your best every day.
Ambiente de trabajo divertido y café gratis
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irlanda28 February 2017
Siempre te lo pasas bien y el ambiente es excepcional, gente joven y dinámica. A cualquier problema le ponen una sonrisa y lo solucionan lo antes posible, nunca hay malos rollos y jamás nadie se cree mejor que nadie.
Nice Place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dundrum, County Dublin29 January 2017
Very good place to work, lern a lot about customers, len a lot about coffee, work with best stuff ever, manager very helpfull

Want to know more about Starbucks?

Ask a question
Fun workplace
Barista (Current Employee) –  Dublin24 January 2017
Great Managers!! Great Co-workers!! And Great customers.
It is such a fantastic place to work. since I have been in a college this part time job was the best for me. They fixed all schedule depends on my college time table and are very generous in exam period.
Pros
drinks discounted
Cons
drunk customers
partner, coffee, culture
Barista (Current Employee) –  Dublin23 January 2017
Starbucks where i am currently working is not just cafe. Our partners are trying to give customers experience, which is very comfortable place for customers like home or workplace. We can learn not only to make coffee, customer service also starbucks' marketing that we offer loyalty card and new promotion.
What's more we can find how important our partners work together that makes us respect each other and why keeping harmony is great.
I am so delighted to experience in starbucks international company.
fun
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  athlone18 January 2017
wonderful atmosphere , great people to work with( baristas ) hours need to be improved . some managment can be rude and lazy , often taking credit for the work of other staff
Pros
coffee
Cons
pay
Open culture
Head Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Starbucks College Green Dublin 24 December 2016
Working in Starbucks for more than 2 years, I could say that I gained managerial skills and interpersonal skiils.The most enjoyable part of the job its when you see that customers are happy and enjoing beeing in our store.
Fun
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin20 November 2016
ireland . there is no beneficius , low rate salary for managers .
hours to work, sometime need to wake up 5 in the morning to attend to work
best place to work
Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  The square, Tallaght31 October 2016
I worked in this busy café as a counter assistant and I had a lot of duties which includes managing the till, taking orders, handling cash, making coffee and with this I worked in the deli section which improved my ability to prepare food in very short time and I had to make sure that everything is neat and clean along with managing the stock in an order.
El ambiente de trabajo era muy divertido con los clientes y con el equipo de trabajo, tenia mucho suerte que tuve oportunidad de trabajar con ese jefe
Camarera (Former Employee) –  Dublin / İrlanda30 May 2016
durante mi trabajo alli, aprendi como hacer los cafes con velocidad para que los clientes no esperen al comprarlos. Aprendi que los clientes eran mas importantes que proporcionar los cafes. Al principio, lo parte mas dificil del trabajo era que cuando habia cola muy larga, tuvimos que preparar muchos cafes distintos y enseguida. Lo que mas me gusto del trabajo es que comunicar con los clientes al preparar cafes y trabajar con el equipo muy amable como ellos.
Pros
medicos privado, propinas, cafes gratis
Cons
el sueldo era desmotivado
Fast paced and Busy.
Sole Barista (Current Employee) –  Tallaght, County Dublin27 May 2016
I am a sole barista, I ran the entire place on my own, the hardest part of my day is definitely going to the loo, having to wait over 30min for somebody to cover for me for a few minutes, it's usually very busy and the day goes fast, the most enjoyable part is being able to make coffee and bounding with my regular customers.
Pros
Free lunch, full time hours.
Cons
Being on my own the entire shift
A great experience.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin18 March 2016
I had a lot of responsabilities, I was a Supervisor, but actually I did a manager job in the last 4 months of employment. I achieved manager experience and I've learned how to deliver a great customer service. Last store where I've worked was small and a lot of time I was alone, but my team was respectful and nice. The hardest part was on weekend time when I did double-shifts. The most enjoyable part was when I did events, like aroma labs to promote the seasonal coffees.
Pros
free lunches
Nice place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D1 February 2016
I have learned a lot of thing in Starbucks.
It is actually my first decent job, where I have a decent salary and time for myself.
It's not easy come to another country where you can't speak their language.
But no only Starbucks but people that I worked and I work showed me that not is impossible.
I started as a barista and today I am a Supervisor. I love what I do and every day I learn something new.
One day if I have to leave this place, I will be very thankful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.