State Street Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Officer (Current Employee) –  SJRQ8 August 2017
Overall, if you work hard and show you can add value you will do well. I work in the office on Sir John Rogerson's Quay and really enjoy it. The hardest part of the job sometimes is the pressure to turn around items last minute and the best part is the people I get to work with. The culture is very good - there's a big focus on inclusiveness and also on work life balance. They still need to do a bit of work on the work life balance aspect but that's partly down to the industry we're in I think! If you don't ask you won't get in State Street. All in all, I'm not going to leave any time soon.
Pros
subsidised canteen, good pay, great colleagues
Cons
Nothing really
Great exposure to products and processes
Derivative Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin18 May 2017
Good environment to learn. Very good managers. You learn from the exposure to exotic products and by relating with Investment Managers and clients. Days can be long, but in general there is a good work-life balance.
Very good work / life balance
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 March 2017
A very good place to work. Great teams to work with and excellent opportunities for growth and development. Relaxed work atmosphere,.

Good training provided and there are opportunities for upskilling for life.
Officer (Current Employee) –  Kilkenny1 March 2017
Can be very pressurise at times. Initial departmental training needs work.

The expectation on new hires to have a full.understanding of the role from sitting beside someone is not sufficient for the nature of the work.
Pros
Great facilities for staff
Cons
Could improve staff morale
Good training Company
Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dublin20 February 2017
I learnt a lot in State Street and they have a first rate training and development department.

The culture there is to work hard and to learn as much as possible.

I found the management always approachable and friendly.
Pros
christmas present every year
Cons
little overtime
Good place to work for temporary period
Pricing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 November 2016
Lots of young employees, so good place to start straight from college. Not the best money, and monotonous work. Some fun work life balance initiatives - yoga classes, health and fitness classes, etc.
Pros
Nice offices
Cons
Monotonous work
Enjoyable work atmosphere
Regulatory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin, ireland7 November 2016
I work from 9 - 5.30 each day with an hour lunch and a semi relaxed timesheet system. Most of the day is spent running calculations and preparing excel worksheets to be run. Some of the time is spend on calls with the clients answering any qustions they have about the current period's filing. I learned much about funds structures and the regulations surrounding them. The management in my team were always very helpful and nice, as were my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the uneven work distrabution- you might have no work to do all day and then at the end of the day the client would provide feeds so that you have to stay in late to work on them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the supportive team and work location.
productive and good corporate culture
Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  ireland24 August 2016
conducive working environment, a good place to work. they have the interest of the employees at heart.
i have grown in the company and i have also increased both my analytical knowledge and my attention to details
Awful Company
Derivative Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny15 July 2016
Horrible work hours, management and attitude to workers. Stressful for the sake it, work throughput would be a lot better if they maintained a happier workforce. Procedural documents only upside.
Pros
Cons
Work life balance, attitude to workers
Nice people, good job security
Regulatory Reporting Analyst, Associate (Current Employee) –  Dublin15 June 2016
Since starting at State Street I have learned a lot about the financial services sector.
A typical day involves replying the client and internal queries. We also prep files on a monthly basis to prepare for quarterly filings to various financial authorities throughout Europe and the United States of America. On a day to day basis outside of the busy filing months, it can be quite mundane and methodical. There is also not much contact with people outside of the company except for occassional client calls or emails.

The management are extremely nice and have made sure that I am making the most of my time with the company. I have learnt a huge amount from them about the sector, and it is knowledge that I believe will stand to me for the rest of my career.

The most enjoyable part of my job is during the filing month when I can see all the work I have prepped over the previous few months come together. It is satisfying to finally see it all come together. However this time is also the hardest as it involves extremely long hours that can be quite challenging.
Pros
great location
Cons
Long hours during filing months
Fund Accountant
Associate 2 Client Operations (Current Employee) –  Dublin ireland27 May 2016
Hard working involves a lot of overtime daily. Good job to start out in as you can gain the basics to fund investments. Learn about how to run a fund what cause it being out of tolerance and how to fix the tolerance break.
Pros
learn the basics
Cons
Fun and satisfying place to work
Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Kilkenny, KK27 January 2016
It is a great place to work with plenty of opportunity to move up. Each day is busy yet enjoyable. I have gained great experience working with funds of all sizes and also gives me a different perspective of the finance industry as opposed to what i was used to before.
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D8 September 2015
Productive workplace but a bit set in their ways of procedure, not willing to adapt and not much scope for advancement from what I had seen in my short time there.
Busy environment
Fund Admin Specialist within Corporate Actions (Current Employee) –  Dublin28 March 2015
There is a great feel of Global inclusion. Every team works together to meet deadlines. Co-workers are friendly.Hardwork and initiative is needed at all times to meet the needs of Clients.
Pros
Restaurant
Cons
Long Hours
The worst Fund Admin Company I've worked for
Fund Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Drogheda11 September 2013
Having been employed by PFPC, BNY Mellon, Northern Trust, JP Morgan and IFS Statestreet, I can safely say that IFS is the worst Fund Admin company I have worked for. No work life balance, never ending workloads and overtime, and they push employment laws to the limit. High staff turnover, people just walking out, refusing to work notice periods, and high absenteeism are the result.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, management lack any people skills, high staff turnover, outdated IT systems.