Stream Global Services Employee Reviews

Was a good place to work
T3 Engineer, Global Voice Engineering Services (Former Employee) –  Derry12 May 2017
It was a good place to work until it was bought by Convergys, after that things went downhill. I worked in Stream/CVG for over 20 years and overall it was a great experience. When Convergys took over I was sidelined into a team that had basically nothing to do with my skillset.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
convergys processes
Brutal management
customer service representitive (Former Employee) –  Santry, County Dublin13 January 2017
Terrible company to work for. worked as hard as I could and was thrown under the bus when I needed time off. Also salary was changed after training completion
Would not work there again if I knew what the Company was like
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin8 July 2016
Training was intense and tedious - needed to know everything about 'Xbox' - not my thing. I was treated badly by colleagues and management - not my 'cup of tea'.
summary
Trained Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin23 May 2016
typical stock room work for 8 hours

management were not always fair

co workers were very nice

hardest part of the job was keeping the selves packed around xmas time

going home at the end of the day
Pros
10% discount on all stock
Cons
managment
excellent
TECHNICAL SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL FOR MICROSOFT (Former Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin2 May 2016
great place company, fast paced and always on the phone, extremely supportive managers and peers, received a step by step guide while a new comer, along with one month intensive training
Environnement agréable
Technicien Support Professionnel (Former Employee) –  Dublin (Irlande)24 January 2016
Plateforme d'appels téléphoniques pour un sous-traitant d'une entreprise reconnue mondialement. Plage d'horaires de travail de 9h à 17h30. 2 jours de repos par semaine. Travail de 8 heures/jour à 40 heures/semaine.
Pros
Repas gratuits
Cons
Pas d'avantages en nature
Empresa de ambiente amigável e fácil adaptação
Suporte Técnico X-box (Former Employee) –  Dublin- Irlanda28 September 2014
Atendimento aos usuários X-box com ênfase em suporte técnico e resolução de problemas.
Depressing work place
Support professional (Former Employee) –  Santry, Co Dublin21 May 2014
Company does not respect any of employees and most of the roster managed to work 10 days on the row
Pros
n/a
Cons
9 shifts in the row
fun and multicultural
Brazilian / Portuguese Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Swords25 February 2014
Its a great company to start the career they do not require much previous experience and they training you properly. Its a place where you can learn a lot. Depending the team you work and the manager you work with they allow you to play while you are not on the calls.. so overall its good
Pros
Play while you ''work'' which helps to reduce the stress
Cons
basic salary, location is not that great
Productive and fun work place
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Woodford Business Park24 February 2014
Each day I would answer around 30 calls regarding issues people were having with their Xbox, or their Xbox Live account. I have learned a lot of new skills during my time there including computer skills, problem solving, building rapport with customers and technical skills such as resolving hardware issues or connectivity issues. The management there were very friendly and approachable. There were 15 people on my team and it was a very friendly environment. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy customers and remaining calm and professional, in contrast the most enjoyable part of the job was talking to friendly customers and feeling satisfied when I have resolved their issue and they show there appreciation.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
late night and weekend shifts.
Call centre support.
Technical Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 February 2014
A usual day would involve logging in on time so can be available to answer calls as soon as your shift started. During the day call would come in on various matters so would have to ask detailed questions to find the problem and to help with troubleshooting. Dealt with credit card information and had to go through the security process to make sure no information was given out.
good place to work and socialize
Consulting Firm Employee (Former Employee) –  Santry, Dublin23 January 2014
Best day for work was Friday. In the time I worked there, there were pastry day or pizza day or burguer day. I learned to work with many people fron different countries.
Pros
The relationship with the managers and pizza day and the monthly prizes
Cons
Short breaks.
Good workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D19 December 2013
Stressful but ok. The problem is that you have to sit in a particular area for a long time.
Pros
Good working atmosphere
Cons
sitting all day
You always will work more than you are supposed too
Technical lead (Former Employee) –  Swords4 December 2013
I was a tier 2 over there and I had to work late every single day and they didnt give any overtime , I left the company and they didnt pay the overtime. Great place for starters but salary are lower than other places
Pros
Fun Co workers, good career start
Cons
No paid overtime, very restrict
Fun place to work with a variety of benifits
Tier 1 Xbox Customer Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Dublin Ireland21 October 2013
I developed many technical skills and problem solving techniques. As this was an Xbox support center where all agents were universal agents we were required to have a fully comprehensive knowledge of the consoles hardware software and the accounts systems.
Microsoft were very particular in regards to the customer experience which they desired which helped me develop my customer service skills. There was a great team available and brilliant training and support for new employees. Difficulty arose in situations where you were unable to solve an issue which was then required to be elevated to tier 2 or 3.
Pros
Gained technical skills from Microsoft including networking, software, billing and accounts and hardware.
Cons
Only worked part time
Good environment and good place to improve communication skills
Technical support agent (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D14 October 2013
9PM-5:30PM

Customer service, positive ‘can-do’ attitude, problem solving, sense of efficiency, urgency and ownership
Very good atmosphere.
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Dublin, Swords25 September 2013
I have been living in Dublin for almost four and a half years and I am looking for a position in which I can use my sales and customer service experience. I am from Brazil, therefore I am a native Portuguese speaker. I also have a high Intermediate level of English. I am currently working Full-time as a Brazilian Technical Support Agent. My role involves assisting Xbox users with problems with the games, billing and online technical issues. In Brazil, I worked as a Team Leader in the Sales Department of CDL. My responsibilities included contacting high-profile clients in relation to their credit, cheques and health insurance and selling mobile phones. I work hard, and I am totally flexible and can work on my own initiative.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Very friendly place to work. Good team spirit
Salesforce.com Tier 2 Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santry, D16 August 2013
Very easy place to work. The management are easy to approach. There is always something fun happening. There are great opportuniies to gain certification and become skilled in a certain field.
Pros
Close to home. Great atmosphere
Cons
Salary pretty low for the level of expertise
Nice environment
Quality Team coach (Current Employee) –  Dublin18 July 2013
I enjoy work at Stream, because it's a multilingual and multicultural environment where I can learn more about different cultures and different people.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Low benefits
Environement de travail tres inconfortable
Surface support level 2 (Former Employee) –  Swords7 May 2013
A eviter esclavage moderne

une journée de travail typique:
les opportunités de développement
le management
vos collaborateurs
l'aspect le plus difficile de votre poste
l'aspect le plus agréable de votre poste
Pros
aucun
Cons
Trop

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stream Global Services. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval